tripa
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,352

Re: GT: Nationals @ Jays / Aug 28-30 

Post#241 » by tripa » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:29 am

SharoneWright wrote:
tripa wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:
Biggio only plays because Merrifield is forced to be the 4th outfielder. He’s a 2nd baseman.

Yes, injuries are a thing. What is your point?

We don’t have an outfield roster that can handle day today playing time, let alone injuries.

Our 4th outfielder is a 2nd baseman. Hence, Biggio fills in more often.

Is my point.

Yes. Congratulations.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Post#242 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:31 am

tripa wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Well that’s not exactly true. I posted that I wanted him pulled him before the 3 run HR given that he was getting hit hard all game with terrible stuff.

So youre just gonna pull ecery pitcher after 4 innings even though they've given up only 0 - 2 runs because theyve been getting hit hard?

Yes. He complains every night in the 5th inning about the same thing. The ultimate backseat gamer. Thats why I had to put him on ignore.

I tend to like going to the best bullpen in baseball over a struggling starter myself, yeah. Tends to lead to less runs allowed and more wins.

And you’ve really gotta stop with that lie by now. It’s as bad as your constant trolling.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,525
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#243 » by SharoneWright » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:31 am

tripa wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:
tripa wrote:
Yes, injuries are a thing. What is your point?

We don’t have an outfield roster that can handle day-to-day playing time, let alone injuries.

Our 4th outfielder is a 2nd baseman. Hence, Biggio fills in more often.

Is my point.

Yes. Congratulations.

Leave.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#244 » by changes » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:33 am

tripa putting in work tonight, could teach this team a thing or two
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,798
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#245 » by Boogie! » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:34 am

tripa wrote:
Boogie! wrote:Vladdy is like top 5 in hardest hit balls in the league, so naturally he should have more home runs than shohei ohtani right now?

Launch angle.

My point is the game isn't always defined by certain percentages and numbers. In fact I read an article about vlads struggles talking about hard hit balls, the fact he's putting the ball In the air more than last year, and yet he's still struggling for whatever reason. I keep saying this is not a simulation. There are things I was pointing out about vlads problems early in the season, his approach, his propensity to hit into double plays, his swing mechanics and how he's so stiff and upright and can't hit low pitches, and people would get upset. And now everyone's complaining about him.

Again there's a lot of real human things people don't notice or address all they complain about are numbers like it's a video game. Like I can just pull a pitcher after 3 innings if i notice he's getting hit hard or move someone up or down the lineup and somehow get him to produce more.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#246 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:35 am

changes wrote:tripa putting in work tonight, could teach this team a thing or two

A good way to spend the offseason trying to troll about a sport he doesn’t understand until he can resume trolling the Raptors forum.
tripa
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,352

Post#247 » by tripa » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:36 am

Boogie! wrote:
tripa wrote:
Boogie! wrote:Vladdy is like top 5 in hardest hit balls in the league, so naturally he should have more home runs than shohei ohtani right now?

Launch angle.

My point is the game isn't always defined by certain percentages and numbers. In fact I read an article about vlads struggles talking about hard hit balls, the fact he's putting the ball In the air more than last year, and yet he's still struggling for whatever reason. I keep saying this is not a simulation. There are things I was pointing out about vlads problems early in the season, his approach, his propensity to hit into double plays, his swing mechanics and how he's so stiff and upright and can't hit low pitches, and people would get upset. And now everyone's complaining about him.

Again there's a lot of real human things people don't notice or address all they complain about are numbers like it's a video game. Like I can just pull a pitcher after 3 innings if i notice he's getting hit hard or move someone up or down the lineup and somehow get him to produce more.

The people that think you can pull a starter in the 3rd or 4th inning every night are psychopaths that dont understand the game.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#248 » by Boogie! » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:40 am

Fairview4Life wrote:
tripa wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
And scheduled days off after a day off. And just some other times when the team wants to give guys a break.

But you knew that already and just enjoy being a prick.

Hey I know, maybe a team slowly falling out of a playoff position could put their best players on the field more often.

Scheduled days off are determined by the front office. Thank you for proving my point.

“Cool, fire them too”. Thanks for reading my post.

So your reactionary logic now is just get rid of everyone... but you get butthurt when I give players stupid nicknames like blowmano. I'm sure you're cool with shatkins though because it's "deserved."
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#249 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:40 am

tripa wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
tripa wrote:
Launch angle.

The people that think you can pull a starter in the 3rd or 4th inning every night are psychopaths that dont understand the game.

Yeah, you certainly wouldn’t want to pull a starter in the 4th who has been getting crushed all night with no whiffs in a must-win game when you have the best bullpen in baseball. That’d be crazy.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#250 » by Boogie! » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:43 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
changes wrote:tripa putting in work tonight, could teach this team a thing or two

A good way to spend the offseason trying to troll about a sport he doesn’t understand until he can resume trolling the Raptors forum.

I'd say I understand how to play baseball more than you, and from experience I know that underperforming players is less on the managers decisions and more on the players talent/ability to improve their game. Tripa at least understands that aspect. And with the way the jays are playing, I don't see manager problems, I see ndividual performance problems.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#251 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:43 am

Worrying about the real human being Jose Berrios’ feelings in late August after watching him pitch horribly for two outings in a row in the biggest games of this team’s season isn’t too high of a consideration for me there either.

Winning games, yes. Feelings, no. If it is feelings you are worried about though that does explain quite a bit how you end up benching Davis Schneider for two weeks for a bunch of veterans who couldn’t hit their weight.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#252 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:46 am

Boogie! wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

I'd say I understand how to play baseball more than you, and from experience I know that underperforming players is less on the managers decisions and more on the players talent/ability to improve their game. Tripa at least understands that aspect. And with the way the jays are playing, I don't see manager problems, I see ndividual performance problems.

You have no idea what kind of a baseball player I was so that statement seems a bit out there in itself.

Regardless, as noted before, both the players and the manager can suck at the same time. These things are not mutually exclusive.
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#253 » by SharoneWright » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:46 am

Boogie! wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Let’s not have the smart guys fight.

Boogie! This manager has made some really boneheaded pinch running decisions. He also benched Davis Schneider for a week.

On the flipside, I really do believe starting pitchers should get more leeway.

Reasonable heads can discuss. Trolls should GTFO.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#254 » by Boogie! » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:53 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:Worrying about the real human being Jose Berrios’ feelings in late August after watching him pitch horribly for two outings in a row in the biggest games of this team’s season isn’t too high of a consideration for me there either.

Winning games, yes. Feelings, no. If it is feelings you are worried about though that does explain quite a bit how you end up benching Davis Schneider for two weeks for a bunch of veterans who couldn’t hit their weight.

Lol no one said anything about feelings. You're reeling right now. A pitcher can get hit hard for a few innings and give up no runs. But also, a pitcher can give up weak contact and bloop singles all game and give up 5 runs. You cant predict a guy is gonna crush a high fastball out of the zone into the seats. Berrios did not have bad stuff. He wasn't wild, he wasnt throwing meatballs. He only gave up 2 runs and has pitched well all season. It has nothing to do with feelings or the point in the season were at, it has to do with not being a reactionary fool and blowing your load early and wasting bullpen arms for no reason.

Davis schneider not playing definitely doesn't make sense to me. But those are two different situations.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#255 » by Boogie! » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:57 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:A good way to spend the offseason trying to troll about a sport he doesn’t understand until he can resume trolling the Raptors forum.

Boogie! This manager has made some really boneheaded pinch running decisions. He also benched Davis Schneider for a week.

I'm not denying Schneider has made bad decisions, I'm saying people that keep acting like said decisions are the reason jays are losing are not being rational.

The jays suck because they're not performing when it matters end of story. Hitting with risp is the biggest problem with this team and I'm not putting that on Schneider.
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#256 » by SharoneWright » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:02 am

Boogie! wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

I'm not denying Schneider has made bad decisions, I'm saying people that keep acting like said decisions are the reason jays are losing are not being rational.

The jays suck because they're not performing when it matters end of story. Hitting with risp is the biggest problem with this team and I'm not putting that on Schneider.

100% agree.
I made a super witty post about how Vlady/Donaldson/Springer/Varsho won’t suffer any consequences next year at all. And yet so much of this fiasco is on their heads.

At the same time, the manager is supposed to get the best out of the group. Read the game. Read the percentages. Read the situation. He’s supposed to be the senior/experienced person who knows up from down. This manager is not that either.

Our team has a failing roster and a failing manager. Both. Personally, that’s why this car wreck is so gross to watch.

Who is the one bright light? It’s down to Babe Schneider!
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#257 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:08 am

Boogie! wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Worrying about the real human being Jose Berrios’ feelings in late August after watching him pitch horribly for two outings in a row in the biggest games of this team’s season isn’t too high of a consideration for me there either.

Lol no one said anything about feelings. You're reeling right now. A pitcher can get hit hard for a few innings and give up no runs. But also, a pitcher can give up weak contact and bloop singles all game and give up 5 runs. You cant predict a guy is gonna crush a high fastball out of the zone into the seats. Berrios did not have bad stuff. He wasn't wild, he wasnt throwing meatballs. He only gave up 2 runs and has pitched well all season. It has nothing to do with feelings or the point in the season were at, it has to do with not being a reactionary fool and blowing your load early and wasting bullpen arms for no reason.

Davis schneider not playing definitely doesn't make sense to me. But those are two different situations.

Did not have bad stuff? Now I know you aren’t even paying attention.

Berrios had 2 whiffs the entire game today with hard contact in every inning. He probably had worse stuff tonight that he had all season long and he was coming off a performance last week that was nearly as bad. A good manager recognizes that in a must-win game (regardless of what the results were or how many earned runs he allowed through luck) and acts accordingly before the game ends. Schneider did not and that was that.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#258 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:15 am

I still can’t get over Biggio attempting a steal on a 3-0 count there btw. Just bizarre and wouldn’t happen on a serious team. And that’s on the leaders in there (both the manager and the players).
SharoneWright
RealGM

Post#259 » by SharoneWright » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:20 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:I still can’t get over Biggio attempting a steal on a 3-0 count there btw. Just bizarre and wouldn’t happen on a serious team. And that’s on the leaders in there (both the manager and the players).

So true… Although, I think you’re laying it on a little bit thick here :lol:
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#260 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:22 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:I still can’t get over Biggio attempting a steal on a 3-0 count there btw. Just bizarre and wouldn’t happen on a serious team. And that’s on the leaders in there (both the manager and the players).

So true… Although, I think you’re laying it on a little bit thick here :lol:

The more I think about it, the dumber it gets. Something is broken in this org.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays