On "you supported/hated X, your argument is invalid" posts

Moderator: JaysRule15

Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Re: On "you supported/hated X, your argument is invalid" pos 

Post#41 » by Avenger » Sun Apr 6, 2014 11:51 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Hoopstarr wrote:Quite the intellectual dishonesty from you to narrow it to only one phrase when I've repeatedly said it's a general point of view you have.

If any evidence existed of this "general point of view" beyond facetious hyperbole, I'd likely be more prone to believe you.

P.S. You're the one that's been trolling, as you're known to do.

Of course. Didn't I already say I was responding in kind to you?

What do you call repeatedly classifying Ricky Romero as an ace when he barely had league average stats? You absolutely have this idea in your head that non AL East players(especially pitchers) need to be super elite to be considered good.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#42 » by Randle McMurphy » Mon Apr 7, 2014 12:08 am

Avenger wrote:What you call repeatedly classifying Ricky Romero as an ace when he barely had league average stats?

Ricky Romero was very good for a couple of years against the toughest competition in baseball (yes, even better than Rzep). Ace-like? I suppose that depends on your definition of that term, but I wouldn't describe him like that (and I didn't then).

You absolutely have this idea in your head that non AL East players(especially pitchers) need to be super elite to be considered good.

I certainly think it's more impressive to have pitching success against better teams in offensive ballparks, don't you? I'm assuming you called the National League a "AAAA" league for a reason.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#43 » by J-Roc » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:58 am

Seems like this forum is still struggling to find its footing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#44 » by Waylon Mercy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 am

So basically ball busting isn't allowed?

I mock my friend constantly for being an AA, Snider, Colangelo and Bargnani fanboy. I told him
for years they sucked especially early on and he'd get pissed and dawged me for it.

Now I can't do this to people on this board? Especially when you stick your neck out against the
grain then get crapped on for it...you can't revel in your glory if you ended up being right?

Ball busting is good for camaraderie and keeps the know it all posters humble. The And 1
feature isn't a good barometer if a poster is good or not.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#45 » by J-Roc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Don't want to make a new thread but McCown to start the 5 pm hour now was embarrassing himself, arguing against advanced stats. Calling those people nerds who live in their basement. It was a bad rant, with Brunt trying to put him in his place. But McCown couldn't stop.

Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#46 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:28 pm

J-Roc wrote:Don't want to make a new thread but McCown to start the 5 pm hour now was embarrassing himself, arguing against advanced stats. Calling those people nerds who live in their basement. It was a bad rant, with Brunt trying to put him in his place. But McCown couldn't stop.

Was Perkins there too? When those two get together to talk about baseball, you never know what kind of absurdities will come out of their mouths.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#47 » by J-Roc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
J-Roc wrote:Don't want to make a new thread but McCown to start the 5 pm hour now was embarrassing himself, arguing against advanced stats. Calling those people nerds who live in their basement. It was a bad rant, with Brunt trying to put him in his place. But McCown couldn't stop.

Was Perkins there too? When those two get together to talk about baseball, you never know what kind of absurdities will come out of their mouths.

Perkins was there the hour before and McCown did mention to Brunt an example Perkins brought up. I think that WAR ranks Lawrie as the 28th best 3b in baseball.

It was just childish McCown calling stats guys kids in their parents basement.

kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#48 » by kwamebargnani » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:38 am

J-Roc wrote:Perkins was there the hour before and McCown did mention to Brunt an example Perkins brought up. I think that WAR ranks Lawrie as the 28th best 3b in baseball.

It was just childish McCown calling stats guys kids in their parents basement.

Typical dinosaurs who just refuse to learn new things. "I don't know what WAR is, but I hate it!"
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,559

Post#49 » by s e n s i » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:11 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:

perkins was flabbergasted that despite lawrie's excellent d, he was last in WAR at his position -- sort of like he didn't know the stat accounted for offense as well.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Black Watch
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Post#50 » by Black Watch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:08 pm

I hear Hayhurst is doing well on TBS...
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays