ST: Orioles @ Blue Jays - Aug 5-7

Moderator: JaysRule15

Graham's Cracker
Analyst
And1: 647

Re: ST: Orioles @ Blue Jays - Aug 5-7 

Post#421 » by Graham's Cracker » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:30 am

s e n s i wrote:sanchez, scherzer, price

that's gotta be another series loss, but i give BLC the nod anyway. lose to the mariners and we may have to consider other options, and by other options i mean either indefinite suspension from the board or an outright ban even better

Followed by Felix the game after that. With our offence we'll be in tough.
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

ST: Orioles @ Blue Jays - Aug 5-7 

Post#422 » by Santoki » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:31 am

Michael Bradley wrote:The Jays are 1-5 since the "It's August" thread was created.

Having pessimists turn into optimists must have done something to the BLC series winning vortex.

Order must be restored somehow.

It sounds like you're advocating banning Waylon.

By the way, it's not even the first time we had memorable games in August. That's happened before. It's September that it's not happened. Terrible thread.
Graham's Cracker
Analyst

Post#423 » by Graham's Cracker » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:31 am

Schadenfreude wrote:I'm not sure that taking 1 of 3 against the Orioles right now even counts as a mark against BLC. I mean, they've won 9 of their last 10 series (not counting the one-off against the Natinals); Baltimore's taking-two-of-three game is too strong for any mortal to stop.

For those curious, their past nine series:

- Took two of three against the Red Sox.
- Took two of three against the Natinals.
- Took two of three against the Yankees.
- Lost two of three against the A's.
- Took two of three against the Angels.
- Took three of four against the Mariners.
- Took two of three against the Angels.
- Took two of three against the Mariners.
- Took two of three against the Jays.

Didn't sweep a single one. That's some strong winneryness...makes sure they never get too full of their successes.

That's a tough schedule too!
Graham's Cracker
Analyst

Post#424 » by Graham's Cracker » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:32 am

Santoki wrote:
Michael Bradley wrote:The Jays are 1-5 since the "It's August" thread was created.

Having pessimists turn into optimists must have done something to the BLC series winning vortex.

By the way, it's not even the first time we had memorable games in August. That's happened before. It's September that's it not happened. Terrible thread.

Can someone be banned for unexpected positivity? How ironic would it be that the first is Waylon
Michael Bradley
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#425 » by Michael Bradley » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:34 am

Santoki wrote:

By the way, it's not even the first time we had memorable games in August. That's happened before. It's September that's it not happened. Terrible thread.

Waylon was an innocent victim of optimism. It happens to all of us, including me.

I think banning optimism and happiness is the way to go.
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#426 » by Santoki » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:37 am

Michael Bradley wrote:
Santoki wrote:

Waylon was an innocent victim of optimism. It happens to all of us, including me.

I think banning optimism and happiness is the way to go.

I advise you to stay away from /r/torontobluejays then. Everyone here would be downvoted into oblivion for their views.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#427 » by Schad » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:39 am

Graham's Cracker wrote:That's a tough schedule too!

Schedule does not matter for the Orioles. Two of three is a constant, a foundational principle of the universe like pi or the innate superiority of standard transmissions.

If you play tic-tac-toe against the Orioles, they will win two of three games.

If you have a cage fight with the Orioles, they will win two of three rounds.

If the Orioles pick C for every answer on a multiple choice exam, they will receive a 67%.
**** your asterisk.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#428 » by dballislife » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:43 am

Tough one...that's what happens when u have chance to be great but u choose to be very good...this team is so close to something special

Sent from my SGH-M919V using RealGM Forums mobile app
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Ku-Bar
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#429 » by Ku-Bar » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:40 am

I can easily see this team going 29-17 (green font) to get to 90 wins by the end of the year.

But seriously how likely is the second wild card anymore?

If 162 chances at making the post season isn't enough for this team as currently constructed then maybe AA's excuse at the end of the season will be like "that's baseball" ... "sometimes you need 163 chances to make the post season and that isn't always the case"

EDIT: Even if the Blue Jays sweep the O's just now I still think the division is Baltimores to lose and it will be tough for Toronto to catch up because of all the injuries staring to pile up. I am seriously asking if you guys think the second wildcard spot is attainable?
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#430 » by Schad » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:58 am

Ku-Bar wrote:I can easily see this team going 29-17 (green font) to get to 90 wins by the end of the year.

If 162 chances at making the post season isn't enough for this team as currently constructed then maybe AA's excuse at the end of the season will be like "that's baseball" ... "sometimes you need 163 chances to make the post season and that isn't always the case"

EDIT: Even if the Blue Jays sweep the O's just now I still think the division is Baltimores to lose and it will be tough for Toronto to catch up because of all the injuries staring to pile up. I am seriously asking if you guys think the second wildcard spot is attainable?

Yes, the second wildcard spot is attainable, for the simple reason that we'll at worst be 0.5 games back of it at the end of the night.
**** your asterisk.
Ku-Bar
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#431 » by Ku-Bar » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:57 am

Schadenfreude wrote:
Ku-Bar wrote:I can easily see this team going 29-17 (green font) to get to 90 wins by the end of the year.

Yes, the second wildcard spot is attainable, for the simple reason that we'll at worst be 0.5 games back of it at the end of the night.

I meant can we hold off the Yankees, Royals, Mariners, etc. with our current roster the way it is?

I'm worried but don't know a lot about basebell. As a casual fan I just don't think they can pull it off but I would love to see them make the playoffs for once this millenium.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#432 » by dagger » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:01 pm

Ku-Bar wrote:
Schadenfreude wrote:

I meant can we hold off the Yankees, Royals, Mariners, etc. with our current roster the way it is?

I'm worried but don't know a lot about basebell. As a casual fan I just don't think they can pull it off but I would love to see them make the playoffs for once this millenium.

I doubt we can do that with the current lineup. That 5-9 slots in the batting order are just too poor. Should get Lind back this week, but that's another left handed batter who does pretty much what Francisco does, with a tad less power but a much better OBP. Neither Reimold nor Valencia is striking any fear into opponents on the right hand side, so we really need EE back. Lawrie's latest setback is another negative. This whole injury thing is a drag, if it isn't pitching and Bautista one year, it's everyone else in another. All teams have injuries, but some also make moves to compensate (see Yankees, Headley, Prado). If you don't compensate for injuries, you better have a different plan.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER

Return to Toronto Blue Jays