ImageImageImageImageImage

American League Division Series | Game 3: Texas (Lewis) @ Toronto (Sanchez) | Sunday October 9 | 7:30PM

Moderator: JaysRule15

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: American League Division Series | Game 3: Texas (Lewis) @ Toronto (Sanchez) | Sunday October 9 | 7:30PM 

Post#1281 » by The_Hater » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Parataxis wrote:
Santoki wrote:I know that the Odor throw will be the entire story, but Osuna has to be the most important player on this team right now. Another huge 6 outs to give us a chance to close it. And make no mistake this game had to end in the bottom of the 10th. Lose that game and have a gassed pen again the next day...I wouldn't want to see a Game 4.

Osuna for playoff MVP right now IMO.

Gibby's bullpen management continues to amaze me. Burning Grilli after four pitches for Cecil pretty much guaranteed that Osuna was going to have to pitch multiple innings if it went into extras.

Thankfully, the Rangers bullpen was down to one reliever left, so both teams would have been running on fumes.

You're pretty much grilling Gibby for not saving him best options for innings that haven't been played yet when Buck Showalter was just raked over the coals for doing just that against the Jays other day.

There are obviously two schools of thought on this but at the end of the day, I think Gibby is correct to play for the present instead of an unknown future.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Re: RE: Re: American League Division Series | Game 3: Texas (Lewis) @ Toronto (Sanchez) | Sunday October 9 | 7:30PM 

Post#1283 » by And1Skip » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:Moreland should definitely share a big part of the blame. That was a very catchable short hop, and then he compounds it by having the ball dribble away and turning his body away from the plate. He played that about as badly as you could.

Wow yeah you're right.He's a lefty and I have no idea how he couldnt get that ball bouncing to his glove side. Did it bounce lower than he expected? Even then good first basemen know how to scoop it but he didnt even make any stretch at all trying to get catch it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using RealGM mobile app
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Re: American League Division Series | Game 3: Texas (Lewis) @ Toronto (Sanchez) | Sunday October 9 | 7:30PM 

Post#1284 » by zilby » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:04 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Parataxis wrote:
Santoki wrote:I know that the Odor throw will be the entire story, but Osuna has to be the most important player on this team right now. Another huge 6 outs to give us a chance to close it. And make no mistake this game had to end in the bottom of the 10th. Lose that game and have a gassed pen again the next day...I wouldn't want to see a Game 4.

Gibby's bullpen management continues to amaze me. Burning Grilli after four pitches for Cecil pretty much guaranteed that Osuna was going to have to pitch multiple innings if it went into extras.

Thankfully, the Rangers bullpen was down to one reliever left, so both teams would have been running on fumes.

You're pretty much grilling Gibby for not saving him best options for innings that haven't been played yet when Buck Showalter was just raked over the coals for doing just that against the Jays other day.

There are obviously two schools of thought on this but at the end of the day, I think Gibby is correct to play for the present instead of an unknown future.

Would tend to agree with this. It's better to put him in the clean situation where he can succeed rather than wait too long and then make him clean somebody else's mess before it's too late. That same logic had Zach Britton and Sam Dyson missing in action in the wild card game and ALDS.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Santoki
General Manager
And1: 2,635

Post#1285 » by Santoki » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Jays4WS wrote:#FireGibby

Serious question:

Does winning this series guarantee Gibby is back next season no matter what happens in the ALCS?
emptytheclip
Sixth Man
And1: 3,911

Post#1286 » by emptytheclip » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Depends how serious they are about a cultural shift of going younger. Gibby fits with current core group
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#1287 » by The_Hater » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Santoki wrote:

Serious question:

Does winning this series guarantee Gibby is back next season no matter what happens in the ALCS?

I highly doubt that Gibby was getting fired even if they lost to Texas.

I know it's popular to question every decision the manager makes, usually in hindsight, but Gibby does a lot of things that are popular with both players and management. He shows loyalty in his squad, letting them play through slumps and takes bullets for them in the press and he is forever cautious with the arms of his pitching staff which management always likes.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#1288 » by COY0607 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Santoki wrote:

Serious question:

I can't see any scenario where he isn't the manager next year
You could argue he'd already guarantee'd that after the WC game
BJaysRaps
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,729

Post#1289 » by BJaysRaps » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Read on Twitter
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#1290 » by LLJ » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Everyone familiar with me knows I'm a pessimist or at least cautious optimist, but I really honestly saw this coming. As I said a before the series, I felt there was a good chance of a perfect storm going our way this series. Us coming off a long slump, Rangers not being as good as their record...I wasn't even worried last night when it was tied in the 9th, I predicted either a Rangers defensive choke or a Bautista walk off, and sure enough 1 of them happened. The Jays are just on a roll right now. Hopefully it will last another 2 weeks or so.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1291 » by Scott Hall » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Jays4WS
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,415

Post#1292 » by Jays4WS » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Santoki wrote:

Serious question:

I would think so. I thought for sure after the September they had he would be gone, but they are 6-0 in October and playing really well. My only thing with Gibby is sometimes his bullpen managing but other then that I have no issues, nor should the team have any issues bringing him back next year.
Santoki
General Manager

Post#1293 » by Santoki » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:06 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Santoki wrote:

Serious question:

I highly doubt that Gibby was getting fired even if they lost to Texas.

I know it's popular to question every decision the manager makes, usually in hindsight, but Gibby does a lot of things that are popular with both players and management. He shows loyalty in his squad, letting them play through slumps and takes bullets for them in the press and he is forever cautious with the arms of his pitching staff which management always likes.

There was a lot of talk down the stretch that if the Jays didn't make the playoffs he'd be gone. I think getting into the playoffs brought him some more goodwill, but if the Jays got swept I don't think it would have been a foregone conclusion that he'd still be here next year.

I think now, 100%, there's no question you bring him and Pete Walker back. There might still be some questions about Jacoby but obviously a World Series appearance or win changes that as well.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,234

Post#1294 » by Mehar » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:40 pm

I was at the game last night- incredible atmosphere and a great win. I had said this on twitter before the Texas Series, but i thought Texas was the best matchup for the Jays (over Boston and Cleveland). I had picked them in 4.

It needs to be said- but Texas is a good team and had a good record. However, playing in the AL West is not the same as playing in the AL East. Beating up on teams like the Angels and Athletics, is not the same as what the Jays faced. The Rangers were on cruise control in September- since it was a foregone conclusion they were going to win the division.

Jays played meaningful baseball until the last day of the regular season. Rangers were a good team, but i thought they were a bit overrated. I thought the Red Sox and Cleveland posed greater challenges. We will see what happens in the ALCS, but i am glad they have some days off to rest and regroup for the ALCS.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,216

Post#1295 » by LLJ » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Lowry managed to take a video of the last play

Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#1296 » by Randle McMurphy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Santoki wrote:

Serious question:

Gibbons is much closer to future Level of Excellence status than getting fired at this point.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Santoki
General Manager

Post#1297 » by Santoki » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Santoki wrote:

Serious question:

Gibbons is much closer to future Level of Excellence status than getting fired at this point.

It's a what have you done for me lately industry. If Gibby were to pull a Showalter in the ALCS that costs them the series then I can see people turning on him again. It's super easy to have things turn on a dime especially for a guy that's been fending off the mobs for basically his entire managerial career.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#1298 » by Parataxis » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:30 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Parataxis wrote:

I don't think they're really the same thing, honestly.

It isn't about saving Osuna until a 'perfect time' but rather about not pulling an effective pitcher who is pitching well, when he's not in trouble. Osuna doesn't really factor into it - it's more pulling Grilli to put in Cecil, which then forced the other bullpen choices.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#1299 » by raptor jesus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:30 pm

LLJ wrote:Lowry managed to take a video of the last play

Been looking for an angle like this, and of course it's Lowry that comes through. Amazing play by JD considering he had to completely stop his momentum and start up again.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,959

Re: RE: Re: American League Division Series | Game 3: Texas (Lewis) @ Toronto (Sanchez) | Sunday October 9 | 7:30PM 

Post#1300 » by Potential » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Detective wrote:
Potential wrote:**** texASS

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JD STILL THE MVP

TEXAS IS OUR BITCH. BAUTISTA IS THEIR OWNER
ODOR IS OUR BITCH TOO

BRO, I KNOW YOU EXCITED FAM, BUT CHECK YOUR FACTS

:rofl:

LOOOL fixed

Return to Toronto Blue Jays