Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Re: Baltimore Orioles (59-55) @ Toronto Blue Jays (61-52) - August 15-17 

Post#241 » by Kurtz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 am

linery88 wrote:
Mehar wrote:
Kurtz wrote:
I agree with the bulk of your post (except for the Pete Walker part - he's done some impressive things here), but note that 174m payroll is only the 11th highest in the league. Let's not dismiss the culpability of Rogers who specifically hired Shapiro because of the promise that he could build a sustainable contender on a budget.

Respectfully, can you please elaborate on some of the impressive things Pete Walker has done? I keep hearing this from the media and some posters, but the Jays pitching statistics (Bullpen and Starters) have been underwhelming for a decade. People mention Robbie Ray, but Ray was an All-Star who had very good pitching seasons with the Diamondbacks. Berrios has gone south this year. Walker was supposed to transform Kikuchi into a decent pitcher, and that did not work out. Last year's bullpen in the first half was one of the worst I have seen in this franchise's history. Pete Walker was also himself a mediocre pitcher, having watched him pitch in person at the Rogers Centre when Carlos Tosca was manager nearly 20 years ago. Walker might be a nice guy, but I hope he is not back for a 11th season next year.

Some of the media last season were giving Walker credit for Robbie Rays resurgence,and Steven Matz.
I bought the medias take.

I mean both guys said in interviews that Walker helped them...

Return to Toronto Blue Jays