Jays at Yankees, today and some other days

Moderator: JaysRule15

Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,098

Re: Jays at Yankees, today and some other days 

Post#261 » by Schad » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:24 pm

Bichette graded out average or better his first three seasons, per Fielding Bible, because his range was above-average by enough that it offset the errors. This season, though, he's failing to make plays on balls within his range, and consequently he grades out poorly.

Do I think that the solution is to swap him and Espinal? Not really. I don't think there's much reason to believe that Espinal, who has played very little SS in the past four seasons (and was quite error-prone when he did) is going to be much of an improvement.
**** your asterisk.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,186

Post#262 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:32 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
johanliebert wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Not really.

-7 DRS
-7.6 UZR
-27.4 UZR/150

The only defensive metric that paints him in a positive light is OAA (+4).

There are metrics that say otherwise. That’s the thing about advanced stats they can support any argument

Which ones? Have you thought about using some of them to support your argument? I would absolutely love to believe he is good defensively and I just irrationally hate the way he throws.

straw arguments
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,673

Post#263 » by johanliebert » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:37 pm

polo007 wrote:
Read on Twitter

love this kid hahaha. Surprised they haven't tried to shut him down as of yet with the way the media is going on about his workload, he must be trying to bring back the starting pitcher.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#264 » by linery88 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:10 pm

Some media were saying that you dont hit Judge there.It could have woke them up.Manoah did not mean to hit him,but where he hit him was huge,and the Yanks are looking for any reason to lose it on anyone.What an epic win it would have been even after hitting Judge there.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,875

Post#265 » by Hottie McShotty » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:09 am

I think it was intentional. Nonetheless you love to see that from your pitcher. Not afraid to come inside and hit someone and throw your opponent off his game. He's going to be special fam!
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,310

Post#266 » by Parataxis » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:07 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:I think it was intentional. Nonetheless you love to see that from your pitcher. Not afraid to come inside and hit someone and throw your opponent off his game. He's going to be special fam!

Why though? Judge wasn't particularly 'on his game' that day, and Manoah already had his number.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,098

Post#267 » by Schad » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:37 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:I think it was intentional. Nonetheless you love to see that from your pitcher. Not afraid to come inside and hit someone and throw your opponent off his game. He's going to be special fam!

There's no chance that it was intentional, and if it was intentional someone would really need to have a word with him, because it would be absolutely idiotic to hit him intentionally in that spot.
**** your asterisk.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays