Moderator: JaysRule15

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,798

Re: Orioles at Jays, for some games and things 

Post#241 » by Raps in 4 » Mon May 22, 2023 4:18 am

Mehar wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:Even with the struggles of this staff,I think the starting pitching lately, has been good enough for us to win,if our inconsistent offence was up to it.
Vladdy is in a long slump of some kind.Maybe move Bo to the 3 slot,and Vladdy to 4 just to see what might happen.
Kiermaier has shown that he could easily leadoff,and Springer move to number 2 because he is not 100 percent healthy.But this would never happen.Sportsnet studios would crumble.

We rank 10th in ERA and 11th in wRC+ this season. Mediocrity across the board.

Do not focus only on this season. Take a look at the last ten years under Pete Walker, where this team's Starting Pitching and Bullpen has been mediocre to below average. Who forgets about our Clown Show of Bullpen from 2021, when this team had the best offense in all of MLB, only for our pathetic bullpen arms to cost us a post-season birth and potentially a long post-season run.

We had Shapiro telling the media in 2021 that Pete Walker would have a positive impact on guys like Brad Hand, Tyler Chatwood, Ryan Borucki, and Rafael Dolis out of the bullpen. The opposite was true, and all of these guys were eventaully sent packing after their dreadful pitching outings that year that cost this team plenty of wins in 2021. 10 years of Pete Walker is enough, and his track record as pitching coach has been mediocre to below average, just like his MLB pitching career.

I've been calling for Pete Walker to be fired for a while. He's been here since 2012. The Jays have not been a great pitching team once in that span. We haven't been particularly good at "reclaiming" pitchers either. For every Robbie Ray there is a Jose Berios and Yusei Kikuchi that regress when they join our team.

Part of the blame for the poor pitching obviously falls on Shatkins too. They've done a piss poor job of drafting pitching talent. They've managed to draft one major league-level starter in 8 years, lol.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#242 » by linery88 » Mon May 22, 2023 4:23 am

Maybe about to feel some Stingray bites too.
I expect we lose 3 of 4
Schneider singling out players,and pointing fingers never a good idea.
He,ll be gone before any of them are.Wonder if the players have had enough of him,and wanted someone else before this point.
If we get clobbered in all 4 games,or have an even worse trip combined after that,he could be fired during it.
Having Vladdy hit as bad as he has been may be fueling the speculation about that the players may have tuned him out..who knows.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#243 » by linery88 » Mon May 22, 2023 4:26 am

Mehar wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:Even with the struggles of this staff,I think the starting pitching lately, has been good enough for us to win,if our inconsistent offence was up to it.
Vladdy is in a long slump of some kind.Maybe move Bo to the 3 slot,and Vladdy to 4 just to see what might happen.
Kiermaier has shown that he could easily leadoff,and Springer move to number 2 because he is not 100 percent healthy.But this would never happen.Sportsnet studios would crumble.

We rank 10th in ERA and 11th in wRC+ this season. Mediocrity across the board.

Do not focus only on this season. Take a look at the last ten years under Pete Walker, where this team's Starting Pitching and Bullpen has been mediocre to below average. Who forgets about our Clown Show of Bullpen from 2021, when this team had the best offense in all of MLB, only for our pathetic bullpen arms to cost us a post-season birth and potentially a long post-season run.

We had Shapiro telling the media in 2021 that Pete Walker would have a positive impact on guys like Brad Hand, Tyler Chatwood, Ryan Borucki, and Rafael Dolis out of the bullpen. The opposite was true, and all of these guys were eventaully sent packing after their dreadful pitching outings that year that cost this team plenty of wins in 2021. 10 years of Pete Walker is enough, and his track record as pitching coach has been mediocre to below average, just like his MLB pitching career.

I liked Walker for what he did for Robbie Ray,and that we made the playoffs,and he has seemed to help Berrios,and Kickuchi slightly right themselves..but he could be gone as well if we keep losing.The offense has sucked since April ended or just before then,and it was thought that we were gonna be okay after bouncing back after that **** last game series loss to Seattle.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,878

Post#244 » by Hottie McShotty » Mon May 22, 2023 12:13 pm

linery88 wrote:

I expect we lose 3 of 4
He,ll be gone before any of them are.Wonder if the players have had enough of him,and wanted someone else before this point.
If we get clobbered in all 4 games,or have an even worse trip combined after that,he could be fired during it.
Having Vladdy hit as bad as he has been may be fueling the speculation about that the players may have tuned him out..who knows.

It could also be Vladdy losing his buddies Teoscar and Gurriel Jr. He may not be happy and it's showing in his performance. Still no HR's at home? That's an incredible stat. I thought the new dimensions would help Vladdy hit more HRs. I guess not!

From the hiring and firing of Montoyo to hiring a rookie manager, to not addressing their bullpen and bench needs, to average drafting and with aspirations to complete for a championship, this is all on Shatkins imo. 8 years is enough. Show them both the door! Walker (the alchoholic) and the rest of the coaching staff can take a hike too. I've seen enough.
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,451

Post#245 » by Ranger One » Mon May 22, 2023 4:13 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
linery88 wrote:

I expect we lose 3 of 4

It could also be Vladdy losing his buddies Teoscar and Gurriel Jr. He may not be happy and it's showing in his performance. Still no HR's at home? That's an incredible stat. I thought the new dimensions would help Vladdy hit more HRs. I guess not!

From the hiring and firing of Montoyo to hiring a rookie manager, to not addressing their bullpen and bench needs, to average drafting and with aspirations to complete for a championship, this is all on Shatkins imo. 8 years is enough. Show them both the door! Walker (the alchoholic) and the rest of the coaching staff can take a hike too. I've seen enough.

Cant hit HR's when you only hit ground balls. Dont know where to look this up, but id love to see our ground ball to fly ball percentages at home vs on the road this year.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,100

Post#246 » by Potential » Mon May 22, 2023 8:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=zLJhXU4TwCnoza84tzvicA&s=19
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,513
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children