Moderator: JaysRule15

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Re: GT: Blue Jays vs Twins - the Game2ining Oct 4th 

Post#881 » by linery88 » Thu Oct 5, 2023 9:44 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:
The more attention this gets the better for the Jays,and Baseball..........hopefully.

Everyone is **** on these idiots and it's glorious.

Watching MLB Network,then watching the Jays....:banghead:
That made it harder to take this team this season,because they talk more baseball strategy,and less analytics strategy.
Deroza(The ex Jay), making great constructive points about Berrios,and the Jays,and analytics.
MLB Network now on Youtube clips.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,926

Post#882 » by JN » Thu Oct 5, 2023 10:40 pm

I'm not even getting upset at the Twins for this in any way. But it does raise the question - should pitchcomm be allowed to be used beyond simple pitch calling/

Sonny Gray admitted yesterday that the Twins used the technology to call and time a pickoff play... apparently for the first time they did all year without it any way thinking it was a violation of baseball's technology policy. Should this be a violation moving forward?

Read on Twitter
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#883 » by linery88 » Thu Oct 5, 2023 10:53 pm

JN wrote:I'm not even getting upset at the Twins for this in any way. But it does raise the question - should pitchcomm be allowed to be used beyond simple pitch calling/

Sonny Gray admitted yesterday that the Twins used the technology to call and time a pickoff play... apparently for the first time they did all year without it any way thinking it was a violation of baseball's technology policy. Should this be a violation moving forward?

Read on Twitter

It`ll be interesting to see MLB,s take on this.
Doesn,t bother me that they did what they did,only because Vlad should have been awake in that situation.Wouldn,t have mattered then if he had been paying attention,and he wouldn,t have got nailed.Maybe he forgot the reg season was over LOL.
If MLB rules that pitchcomm cant be used for stuff on the bases then the players will simply use hand or glove signals etc.
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,330

Post#884 » by pilkoids » Thu Oct 5, 2023 11:57 pm

linery88 wrote:
JN wrote:I'm not even getting upset at the Twins for this in any way. But it does raise the question - should pitchcomm be allowed to be used beyond simple pitch calling/

Read on Twitter

Doesn,t bother me that they did what they did,only because Vlad should have been awake in that situation.Wouldn,t have mattered then if he had been paying attention.Maybe he forgot the reg season was over LOL.
If MLB rules that pitchcomm cant be used for stuff on the bases then the players will simply use hand or glove signals etc.

Theyll have to have one - either expressly say its allowed or fine the twins or whatever... can't sit silent on this.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,116

Post#885 » by C Court » Fri Oct 6, 2023 12:48 am

It clearly wasn’t just us.

Read on Twitter
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#886 » by linery88 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 1:14 am

pilkoids wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Doesn,t bother me that they did what they did,only because Vlad should have been awake in that situation.Wouldn,t have mattered then if he had been paying attention.Maybe he forgot the reg season was over LOL.

Theyll have to have one - either expressly say its allowed or fine the twins or whatever... can't sit silent on this.

I wonder why they admitted to it.
Maybe they figured they would have been found out anyway.
I think MLB will take a stand,but not sure which way.If guessing,they will probably ban it because of the Astros scandal.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,238

Post#887 » by Mehar » Fri Oct 6, 2023 1:30 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

This one will sting for Rogers as the casuals will see it. I hope the media keeps making noise and forces Ed to fire these idiots.

Sid is a Rogers employee, and he could not have said it better. Ross Atkins and some of his Analytics idiots that thought it made any sense at all to take out Berrios in the 4th, along with Schneider all need to be shown the door. 8 years of Atkins has been enough. In any other American market, he already would have been sent packing by now.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#888 » by linery88 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 1:47 am

Mehar wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

This one will sting for Rogers as the casuals will see it. I hope the media keeps making noise and forces Ed to fire these idiots.

Sid is a Rogers employee, and he could not have said it better. Ross Atkins and some of his Analytics idiots that thought it made any sense at all to take out Berrios in the 4th, along with Schneider all need to be shown the door. 8 years of Atkins has been enough. In any other American market, he already would have been sent packing by now.

All year I felt like what they were doing with the lineups was sending the hitters the wrong message.
It was saying "You suck,and we dont have any faith in you at all,and we are not gonna stick to the same lineup for more than 1 consecutive game"
Never figured that same message would be sent to the teams strongest area...The Pitchers.
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,926

Post#889 » by JN » Fri Oct 6, 2023 1:48 am

Mehar wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Was watching Blair and Barker today when I got home around 5:40... they were pretty brutal on criticizing the Jays and the move.

There are certainly some positive narratives that come through their broadcast, but Rogers is at least nowhere near as bad the Orioles in controlling what can be said about the team.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,220

Post#890 » by LLJ » Fri Oct 6, 2023 7:35 pm

Mehar wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

He's an employee, but he's also criticized Rogers the company in the past on BT (rants they would often delete off youtube), so most people will take this as his own opinion. That being said, he has weight with casuals for sure.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#891 » by linery88 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:18 pm

LLJ wrote:
Mehar wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

He's an employee, but he's also criticized Rogers the company in the past on BT (rants they would often delete off youtube), so most people will take this as his own opinion. That being said, he has weight with casuals for sure.

I think he has summed up where the fans are right now...casuals,and non casuals.He was a big booster for the Jays during the 2k15-16 runs especially after what Odour did to Bautista.Havent watched him since then since he left SN.He may have had his reasons,or him,and Rogers didnt get along while he was there...for criticizing them.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,116

Post#892 » by C Court » Sat Oct 7, 2023 1:21 am

More of “it wasn’t just us who didn’t like this Jays team”.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=brVx9TWePtwSAbGcapx69w
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,638

Post#893 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Oct 7, 2023 1:30 am

I think my biggest annoyance was that they got rid of the jacket and the players having too much fun and brought in professional vets who looked the part…and yet this might have been the team that made the dumbest base running decisions I have ever watched. Just numerous boneheaded plays that little league teams don’t make. In big spots too! It was very nice to not be aggravated by atrocious defense, other than Bo’s ridiculous side arm slings, but the supposed serious team of pros didn’t really act like it, or hold the guys making the dumb decisions accountable for them.

I coach 13 year olds. I can deal with a team that can’t hit. I could not stand the frequent and consequence free **** ups.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays