ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire John Schneider / Or the Analytics Staff and Above Now... just fire somebody for this!

Moderator: JaysRule15

JN
RealGM
And1: 9,926

Fire John Schneider / Or the Analytics Staff and Above Now... just fire somebody for this! 

Post#1 » by JN » Wed Oct 4, 2023 9:43 pm

This pitching change is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

(EDIT - Altered the title, because its not just JS that is responsible for this)
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,858

Re: Fire John Schneider Now 

Post#2 » by Duffman100 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 9:47 pm

I mean firing him mid playoff game would be even weirder than taking Berrios out.
JN
RealGM

Post#3 » by JN » Wed Oct 4, 2023 9:51 pm

Duffman100 wrote:I mean firing him mid playoff game would be even weirder than taking Berrios out.

Would be more effective however,

And if its analytics dept driven (almost guaranteed) somebody in management needs to be fired too.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,340

Post#4 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Oct 4, 2023 9:54 pm

That move had absolutely nothing to do with John Schneider.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
JN
RealGM

Post#5 » by JN » Wed Oct 4, 2023 10:09 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:That move had absolutely nothing to do with John Schneider.

That could very well be true.

Then fire whomever thinks judging and assessing how things are going on during a game are irrelevant, and those decisions should be locked solid before the game starts.
Start from the top.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#6 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 10:14 pm

JN wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:That move had absolutely nothing to do with John Schneider.

Then fire whomever thinks judging and assessing how things are going on during a game are irrelevant, and those decisions should be locked solid before the game starts.
Start from the top.

regardless, its over. Scheiders face is red from all that embarrassment of a team.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,009

Post#7 » by GameChannel » Wed Oct 4, 2023 11:00 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
JN wrote:

Start from the top.

regardless, its over. Scheiders face is red from all that embarrassment of a team.

He himself is an embarrassment. He deserves to be fired as well.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Randle McMurphy » Wed Oct 4, 2023 11:02 pm

JN wrote:

Start from the top.

I'd assume it was the same person who was responsible for doing the same move in the same game 3 years ago, Ross Atkins.

So yeah, he's going nowhere.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,652

Re: Fire John Schneider / Or the Analytics Staff and Above Now... just fire somebody for this! 

Post#9 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Oct 4, 2023 11:44 pm

Atkins has to go, like Kyle dubus. Then Bobby Webster. Sweep out all the young nerdy analytics types
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Re: Fire John Schneider / Or the Analytics Staff and Above Now... just fire somebody for this! 

Post#10 » by ItsDanger » Wed Oct 4, 2023 11:45 pm

I've followed baseball a long time. I just can't recall such an idiotic move like that.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Davey0
Pro Prospect
And1: 692

Post#11 » by Davey0 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 11:46 pm

The team needs a fresh change.

Bring in a Vet Coach. To slap the back of the heads of these young kids. Vlad looks like a kid on the playground.

And more.

It's just not fun, as a Jay fan. I want to see them play professionally and act professionally. But it's the same old every year. Will this year be the wake-up for change?
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,009

Post#12 » by GameChannel » Wed Oct 4, 2023 11:48 pm

Bring Gibby back. He hated analytics and could manage pitching with the best of them. I want that Gibby strut dammit.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#13 » by duppyy » Wed Oct 4, 2023 11:52 pm

He has the option of manning up and saying no, he’ll get fired anyway as the scapegoat and another puppet will be hired.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#14 » by Natural11 » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:00 am

Schneider is in over his head no doubt, but the front office were the ones who made a shambles of the post-2016 rebuild while AA has been in the playoffs every year since. One stupid decision after another and 0 wins to show for it.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Post#15 » by DelAbbot » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:06 am

Atkins calls the in-games move based on his spreadsheet, and relays it to JS in the dugout

we all know that
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,008

Post#16 » by DelAbbot » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:06 am

GameChannel wrote:Bring Gibby back. He hated analytics and could manage pitching with the best of them. I want that Gibby strut dammit.

It's Gibby Gut
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Post#17 » by ItsDanger » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:09 am

On the analytics side, if you're going do it, you absolutely hire better talent. Its not cheap either, plenty of competition for these people in other industries. Whatever you think it is, multiply it by 5, no joke.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#18 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:25 am

ItsDanger wrote:I've followed baseball a long time. I just can't recall such an idiotic move like that.

I can. It happened 3 years ago in the same WC2 game in the same inning with Matt Shoemaker.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#19 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:27 am

duppyy wrote:

He has the option of manning up and saying no, he’ll get fired anyway as the scapegoat and another puppet will be hired.

Sure. But if he does that, he gets fired at season's end and never gets another managerial job for a big league club again (as word would get around that he is not the perfect puppet that all these organizations want). The guy has a young family to worry about, he's not going to jeopardize his career by going against management.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#20 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:29 am

GameChannel wrote:Bring Gibby back. He hated analytics and could manage pitching with the best of them. I want that Gibby strut dammit.

I don't think he hated analytics at all as he often made the analytically inclined decision in-game. But he knew to trust his eyes above all else in a single game and that is probably why he'll never get another manager's job in this broken sport.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays