ImageImageImageImageImage

Shapiro Press Conference

Moderator: JaysRule15

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,060

Re: Shapiro Press Conference 

Post#41 » by ItsDanger » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:19 pm

No firings. Heavy reliance on analytics. Shapiro knew of the pre game strategy based on the analytics. Therefore, one must presume the analytics department is Shapiro's. Rogers has to axe Shapiro. But if off the field projects take priority over on the field, then is it really any surprise at this outcome? No.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Hottie McShotty
Analyst
And1: 1,841

Post#42 » by Hottie McShotty » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:22 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:If Guillermo is back next year, I'll watch even fewer games than I did this year.

I'm surprised he's still on this team. You would think they would have let some of the coaching staff go.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,481

Post#43 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:54 pm

Hottie McShotty wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:If Guillermo is back next year, I'll watch even fewer games than I did this year.

I'm surprised he's still on this team. You would think they would have left some of the coaching staff go.

It's entirely possible (and probable) that the team-wide hitting approach was mandated by the analytics department, and Guillermo, like John, is just a lame duck coach.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#44 » by linery88 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:25 am

Message to Shitkins... just **** off already.
The problem with this FO is,they dont know how to go for it.They just know how to go in hope for it,and hope chat gpt will agree with their questions.
They hire a crappy H.C.,and hope Varsho has a good hitting season lol.
They still havent learned how to use analytics lol.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by linery88 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:28 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Hottie McShotty wrote:

I'm surprised he's still on this team. You would think they would have left some of the coaching staff go.

It's entirely possible (and probable) that the team-wide hitting approach was mandated by the analytics department, and Guillermo, like John, is just a lame duck coach.

Its absolutely true.Its like the stuff Merrifield has been saying afterwards,and the hitters were battling with analytics in their heads all year.Its like they had instructions,and not "PLANS" before going to the plate to just hit.
Maybe because the pitching was so good with AI,they used that to justify their stubborness with the hitters.
AI Sheeep!

Bruce Bochy in his first year back...
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2023/08/15/chris-young-when-it-comes-to-analytics-rangers-bruce-bochy-is-teaching-the-class/
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by linery88 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:39 am

Hottie McShotty wrote:

I'm surprised he's still on this team. You would think they would have let some of the coaching staff go.

I cant believe he has not been fired yet,and Bichette Sr not re-hired,or someone who is better.Hopefully they are searching right now.
They dont have to look far.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,658

Post#47 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:21 pm

Sportsnet the Jays own network, not letting go. Currently running a piece on Sportsnet Central rehashing the Shapiro presser and saying how "angsty" Jays fans are that Atkins still in the job.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays