ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Blue Jays (3-4) @ Yankees (6-1) - Fri April 5 @ 1pm to Sun April 7

Moderator: JaysRule15

Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,353

Re: GT: Blue Jays (3-4) @ Yankees (6-1) - Fri April 5 @ 1pm to Sun April 7 

Post#321 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:56 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:When a pitcher throws middle middle on a 0-2 count, what does that say about the batter?

Probably says that the pitcher missed location more than anything else.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,018

Post#322 » by GameChannel » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:57 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:I hate to say it, but this is a team that looks like it will struggle to stay above .500 this year. It's been a brutal opening schedule, and I'm sure they'll beat up on some weaker teams, but they're unlikely to hang with the better clubs.

They’ll win 85-90 games, I’m sure, which is apparently exactly what the FO wanted because they made no real attempt to improve that total.

Not a damn chance. The wheels will fall off this team by June. Count on it. A team that is featuring Falafel, Varsho, Biggio, KK as 4 of the 9 hitters will not score much. Add to it the fact that the pitching has to basically be perfect in every game for us to have a chance at Ws, the wheels will fall off sooner than later.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#323 » by Mehar » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:58 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:Wtf was that swing IKF? Lmfao and then he looms at a 4 seam down the middle. We gave this guy 18 million?

15 million over two years for this scrub, when the Yankees did not want to bring him back even for 1 year. He was a terrible hitter in the second half of last year, but the Jays front office thought he fit it nicely for the 2024 Blue Jays. Another masterclass signing by Ross Atkins.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,424

Post#324 » by Lateral Quicks » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:59 pm

Honestly, Atkins deserves to be fired just for inflicting this Varsho/IKF/KK bottom of the order on us. A serious team would have one player of that offensive ineptitude in the regular lineup. We have three. Honestly, why even sign IKF and KK when you have options in house? I'd have sooner stuck with Espinal than IFK FFS.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
GameChannel
Rookie

Post#325 » by GameChannel » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:00 pm

I sometimes wish we had middle East type laws here so Ross Atkins could be given public lashings in Jurassic Park for putting together this travesty of a team for the 4th highest payroll in baseball.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,598

Post#326 » by Asianiac_24 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:01 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Asianiac_24 wrote:When a pitcher throws middle middle on a 0-2 count, what does that say about the batter?

Would be nice if we have hitters who can capitalize on that.
GameChannel
Rookie

Post#327 » by GameChannel » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:01 pm

Lateral Quicks wrote:Honestly, Atkins deserves to be fired just for inflicting this Varsho/IKF/KK bottom of the order on us. A serious team would have one player of that offensive ineptitude in the regular lineup. We have three. Honestly, why even sign IKF and KK when you have options in house? I'd have sooner stuck with Espinal than IFK FFS.

You forgot to add Biggio and Vogel
GameChannel
Rookie

Post#328 » by GameChannel » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:03 pm

I'd never understand why our first baseman is so **** chummy with runners at first. I'd be fuming for my team getting it's ass kicked.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#329 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:05 pm

GameChannel wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:I hate to say it, but this is a team that looks like it will struggle to stay above .500 this year. It's been a brutal opening schedule, and I'm sure they'll beat up on some weaker teams, but they're unlikely to hang with the better clubs.

They’ll win 85-90 games, I’m sure, which is apparently exactly what the FO wanted because they made no real attempt to improve that total.

Not a damn chance. The wheels will fall off this team by June. Count on it. A team that is featuring Falafel, Varsho, Biggio, KK as 4 of the 9 hitters will not score much. Add to it the fact that the pitching has to basically be perfect in every game for us to have a chance at Ws, the wheels will fall off sooner than later.

I think you underestimate just how many awful teams are in MLB and the effect of the balanced schedule. This (10 straight road games against WS contenders) will end up being their toughest stretch of the schedule all season.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#330 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:08 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

Would be nice if we have hitters who can capitalize on that.

That would require the Jays actually starting their best players, which they appear unwilling to do.
Mehar
Analyst

Post#331 » by Mehar » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:10 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:

You are the ultimate optimist if you think this team can win 90 Games. But then again, you are the same guy who called Kirk a Top 5 to Top 10 Catcher in MLB. You have called Varsho who has an impressive .138 Batting Average right now, as one of the most valuable outfielders in all of MLB.

I guess time will tell if this team can win 85 to 90 games, but odds are they are more likely to finish dead last in the AL East and below .500. No team serious of winning 90 Games, should be throwing out IKF, Varsho, KK, and Biggio on a regular basis who are basically 4 free outs in the lineup from 5 to 9 in the batting lineup.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#332 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:14 pm

Bichette doing normal Bichette things again at the plate and not looking like a minor leaguer at least
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#333 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:14 pm

Mehar wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

You are the ultimate optimist if you think this team can win 90 Games. But then again, you are the same guy who called Kirk a Top 5 to Top 10 Catcher in MLB. You have called Varsho who has an impressive .138 Batting Average right now, as one of the most valuable outfielders in all of MLB.

I guess time will tell if this team can win 85 to 90 games, but odds are they are more likely to finish dead last in the AL East and below .500. No team serious of winning 90 Games, should be throwing out IKF, Varsho, KK, and Biggio on a regular basis who are basically 4 free outs in the lineup from 5 to 9 in the batting lineup.

No, I just don’t think it takes a particularly good team to win 90 games anymore in this league. A good third of the teams are awful.
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,230

Post#334 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:18 pm

Embarrassing to have Cavan in this spot lmao
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#335 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:18 pm

lol Biggio as a 5
GameChannel
Rookie

Post#336 » by GameChannel » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:19 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:Bichette doing normal Bichette things again at the plate and not looking like a minor leaguer at least

He's the only good hitter in the team. Every one else is a combination of mediocre (Vladdy), bad (Springer, Turner, Kirk, Schneider, Clement), terrible (Biggio) and my-dead-grandma-can-hit-better-than-these-clowns (KK, IKF, Varsho).
Mehar
Analyst

Post#337 » by Mehar » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:20 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Mehar wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:They’ll win 85-90 games, I’m sure, which is apparently exactly what the FO wanted because they made no real attempt to improve that total.

No, I just don’t think it takes a particularly good team to win 90 games anymore in this league. A good third of the teams are awful.

Fair enough, but a good third of those teams are not in the AL East which the Jays find themselves in. If the Jays were in the AL Central, that would be a different story no doubt. A team throwing out KK, Varsho, IKF, and Biggio (hitting 5) is pretty awful also.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#338 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:21 pm

GameChannel wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:Bichette doing normal Bichette things again at the plate and not looking like a minor leaguer at least

He's the only good hitter in the team. Every one else is a combination of mediocre (Vladdy), bad (Springer, Turner, Kirk, Schneider, Clement), terrible (Biggio) and my-dead-grandma-can-hit-better-than-these-clowns (KK, IKF, Varsho).

That’s pretty disrespectful to Turner and Davis.
GameChannel
Rookie

Post#339 » by GameChannel » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:23 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
Mehar wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:They’ll win 85-90 games, I’m sure, which is apparently exactly what the FO wanted because they made no real attempt to improve that total.

Newsflash! We are an awful team.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#340 » by SharoneWright » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:24 pm

Is anybody here a marine biologist?

Return to Toronto Blue Jays