Nats at Mets

Moderator: Rafael122

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Nats at Mets 

Post#1 » by Jollay » Thu May 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Nats get shut out in Game 1 for I believe the sixth time this year. Not sure, but I think they only trail the Padres in that regard. Niese shuts em out, I guess helped in part that Laynce Nix didn't start against the lefty.

Day game today I can follow at work, hopefully. Livan goes for the Nats against Dillon Gee. Then three on the road with the Orioles and Brewers before they come home for Memorial Day weekend.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Nats at Mets 

Post#2 » by Jollay » Thu May 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Nats about to be shut out again in Game 2, 1-0.

It's amazing the Nats have gotten the starting pitching they have. If they were at all hitting even close to average as a team, they'd be killing it right now.

Still, considering Zim is out, they have to be happy even sniffing .500. And if the starting pitching holds up, you have to figure the bats will come around eventually.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,799

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:04 pm

I thought the pitching was going to be the weak spot but Marquis has bounced back (it is a contract year though), Zimmerman has solid stuff. Like I said in the other thread, the bullpen might be in bad shape come mid-season. These guys are going to have to start pitching deep into games so we can save the pen.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Jollay » Mon May 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I thought the pitching was going to be the weak spot but Marquis has bounced back (it is a contract year though), Zimmerman has solid stuff. Like I said in the other thread, the bullpen might be in bad shape come mid-season. These guys are going to have to start pitching deep into games so we can save the pen.

I wasn't convinced JZ was necessarily the answer as a #2, but I am now. Kid has great stuff--can't believe he lost on Sunday after just one mistake.

Return to Washington Nationals