Hagerstown trip (Harper, Zimmy)

Moderator: Rafael122

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Hagerstown trip (Harper, Zimmy) 

Post#1 » by Jollay » Mon Jun 6, 2011 11:50 am

Drove up yesterday to catch Hagerstown play a game. Ryan Zimmerman was playing third on a rehab assignment. He got a gift walk his first at-bat and had two opposite-field extra base hits his next two at-bats. In the field he made a play put absolutely girl-lobbed the ball over to first to get the runner. Hope that was him just kind of clowning around--if not it may be that his biggest liability right now is getting anything on his throws from third where he's a little off-balance. That would make sense I guess with his surgery.

Anyway, they're saying Zimmy might be back for the Cardinal series.

Harper got drilled in his first at-bat by some chump who had an over 6 ERA, and who drilled more batters later. I think he got hit in the foot (haven't checked the papers yet), but he tried to continue and couldn't. Impressed that he even made an effort though.

Word around the stadium is Harper will be gone by June 21. Whether that means high-A Potomac or AA Harrisburg I don't know.

Saw AJ Cole pitch as well. Dude has some stuff. Only really made a couple mistakes (solo bombs) and has a nice breaking ball and solid heat. Figure he'll be up in three or four years.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,812

Re: Hagerstown trip (Harper, Zimmy) 

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 12:42 pm

3 or 4 years? Yikes.

Zimmerman says he still doesn't feel too comfortable so the Cards series sounds about right.

I think I read somewhere that they wanted Harper to play in the All Star Game, and then he gets moved up (probably Potomac). I wouldn't be surprised if he's in Harrisburg by the end of the year. I could see him in Triple A by mid-2012 and the bigs in 2013. Sounds about right.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#3 » by Scabs304 » Wed Jun 8, 2011 1:56 am

Harper needs to get a jersey that fits him. This was what stood out to me in the Bryce blowing a kiss video.
I am Scabs.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,812

Post#4 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jun 8, 2011 12:16 pm

Isn't it being blown out of proportion? The kid gets homophobic slurs thrown at him, comments made about his mom and sister, so the kid hits a homer and blows a kiss and it's a big deal? WOW.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#5 » by Scabs304 » Thu Jun 9, 2011 3:09 am

It is a huge deal, but it is a deal. He needs to know that everything he does is scrutinized and that he needs to know that any small thing people will try to chip away at him.

I found it hilarious although I believe it was a pretty douche move.
I am Scabs.

Return to Washington Nationals