ImageImageImage

Denver Nuggets 2023-24: regular season of defending champions

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Re: Denver Nuggets 2023-24: regular season of defending champions 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:34 pm

OKC lost last night, although MINN won. That said, all 3 Northwest division contenders now have the same number of losses...19. Realistically this means we are back in control of our own destiny. We have the easiest schedule of the three of us, no more B2B's and we have three more games directly playing MINN so we should be able to put some distance between us. OKC does own the head-to-head tiebreaker and we don't play any more games against them so that's one obstacle, but we look clearly in playoff mode, so the BOS game is looking crucial.

GO Nuggets !
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,522

Post#22 » by THE J0KER » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:10 am

KAT is out for at least a month so the race is focused now on the OKC.

But I would still not write off the Clippers, they are stacked with stars and capable of making a long winning streak.
MyTake_1
Sophomore
And1: 134

Post#23 » by MyTake_1 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:57 am

Nuggets have 18 RS games left. If they go 50/50 they match their last season's 53 wins.
Taking the top spot may or may not be that important, it may be counterproductive.
Assuming things stay roughly as they are, I would assume Dallas and Lakers get 7 and 8.
Who would you rather play? Who would you want to see OKC play? I assume Nuggets/OKC end up 1 or 2.
skywalker33

Post#24 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:31 pm

MyTake_1 wrote:Nuggets have 18 RS games left. If they go 50/50 they match their last season's 53 wins.
Taking the top spot may or may not be that important, it may be counterproductive.
Assuming things stay roughly as they are, I would assume Dallas and Lakers get 7 and 8.
Who would you rather play? Who would you want to see OKC play? I assume Nuggets/OKC end up 1 or 2.

Well, first off, I see the Nuggets playing better than .500 ball through the rest of the season unless some players need rest. And personally, I don't sweat who we'll have to play because they'll be sweating that they have to play the defending World Champs. OKC is the only Western Conf foe I think could give us a run, but they're very young, so we'll just have to see. MINN may get KAT back by playoffs too but there again, we'll have to see.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#25 » by THE J0KER » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:35 am

I moved this Manolito quote from one of the game threads because the question about the Denver 2024 bench is a very interesting month before the playoff considering we didn't add any trustful/useful veterans before the trade deadline or via buyout as I hoped for.
Manolito wrote:Typical Denver's game against a weak team. They love playing with fire, but they are so good in clutch that they know they always have an extra gear.

Btw it's been quite a while since we have seen a good game from Reggie Jackson. I am afraid he could become unplayable in Play Off.

To be honest, the whole bench doesn't look impressive at the moment. Here is last 10 games stats:

After the All-Star break last season, Bruse Brown averaged 13-5-3, Jeff Gordon 9-3-1, while Braun has momentum in the closing two weeks of the regular season, so we know we have the best 5+1 lineup in the league and 2 other useful options. Thanks to Watson our bench decline has not affected our defense only our offense, but I don't like what I see, especially because FO has not even tried anything seriously to do during the buyout. MPJ is better than last season, and we outclassed everyone on the march to the maiden title, so FO has the correct calculation that this 2024 team would also win that title without problems. But the problem with that winning formula I see in the fact that 2024 is not 2023, and the Celtics team clearly improved, but also if you ask me 2024 Clippers, 2024 Suns and 2024 Bucks are better teams than anyone we faced in 2023!
skywalker33

Post#26 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:30 am

OKC loses to the Pacers tonight, which ties us up for #1 seed in the West....knew it was just a matter of time. Time to continue our Playoff March

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#27 » by THE J0KER » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:21 am

skywalker33 wrote:OKC loses to the Pacers tonight, which ties us up for #1 seed in the West....knew it was just a matter of time. Time to continue our Playoff March

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE KNOWN: The #1 reason why the #1 seed is so important this season is not home-court advantage vs OKC in the eventual WC final. I think they are too inexperienced to challenge healthy Denver in the best-of-seven PO series anyway. The true #1 reason is to get rid of the Clippers before the eventual WC final because the Wolves without KAT will fall out of the WC TOP3 as soon as next week. Also playing well at the end of the season will secure Denver not just the #1 seed but home-court advantage vs the Bucks in the eventual big final.
skywalker33

Post#28 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:16 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:OKC loses to the Pacers tonight, which ties us up for #1 seed in the West....knew it was just a matter of time. Time to continue our Playoff March

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE KNOWN: The #1 reason why the #1 seed is so important this season is not home-court advantage vs OKC in the eventual WC final. I think they are too inexperienced to challenge healthy Denver in the best-of-seven PO series anyway. The true #1 reason is to get rid of the Clippers before the eventual WC final because the Wolves without KAT will fall out of the WC TOP3 as soon as next week. Also playing well at the end of the season will secure Denver not just the #1 seed but home-court advantage vs the Bucks in the eventual big final.

IF, and that's a big IF, the Clips get to the WCF, they're too old to give a series to the eventual 2X World Champs. Just as the Lakers are slowing down, the playoffs will run them down to the younger, more talented team. I don't think they'll even stay healthy throughout the playoffs, and Harden never seems to play up to his potential in the playoffs anyway. As for MIN, Kat is expected to be back for the playoffs but how effective will he be when he gets back, knee injuries are hard to return full speed to. OKC is young but talented. IMO, they'll be the team to give us a fit if we match up.

I remember you touting up the Suns much like you are doing the Clips here, but WE are the team to beat in the West. We found a path to the Championship last year, I see the same focus in Joker/Murray/Gordon this year....so the fear should be in their eyes, not ours.

skywalker33

Post#29 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:42 pm

So, fifteen games left until the playoffs, eight at home and seven on the road. Of those fifteen eight are against playoff teams ( including 3 vs Minn) leaving seven against lottery bound teams. We really should beat all the lottery teams. The eight games against playoff teams look like this: @Dallas, @Minnesota, @LaClips the at home vs New York, Cleveland, Phoenix and 2x here vs Minnesota.

Out of the playoff teams, I can us taking DAL, 1st two with MIN ( both w/o KAT), NYK, CLE with purpose. PHX, LAC and the last MIN might be tougher but not out of reach. Amazingly enough, this would be the BEST record the Nuggets have ever had

skywalker33

Post#30 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:22 am

Another loss by the inexperienced Thunder (TY Milwaukee), the path to the #1 seed opening up with just 11 games to go. Still have a couple of speed bumps but still, ours to lose IMO

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#31 » by THE J0KER » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:26 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Another loss by the inexperienced Thunder (TY Milwaukee), the path to the #1 seed opening up with just 11 games to go. Still have a couple of speed bumps but still, ours to lose IMO

Minnesota lost only 1 out of the last 6 games despite KAT's injury, while mighty Clippers somehow lost 5 out of their last 8 games, so, against all odds the Wolves have now better chances to finish at #3 seed than the Clippers in which case I'm not sure anymore that #1 seed is better than #2 seed scenario. The Clippers' current strategy is dumb, they risk R1 Suns and SF Nuggets, plus in the eventual final to not have home-court advantage not only vs Celtics but vs Bucks too!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#32 » by THE J0KER » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:51 pm

Wigginstime wrote:Porter Family is having a rough month

Coban Porter is expected to get 8 years in prison for his DUI that resulted in a fatality
Jontay Porter could be facing criminal gambling charges

This has to being weighing heavily on MPJ

MPJ's brother is involved in a potentially NBA big gambling scandal. Let's hope his brothers' off-court troubles will not affect his current competitive mindset and good shape.
famicommander
Freshman
And1: 209

Post#33 » by famicommander » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:16 pm

Seems like everyone in MPJ's whole family is stupid.
skywalker33

Post#34 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 pm

famicommander wrote:Seems like everyone in MPJ's whole family is stupid.

Shall we check YOUR family tree ? Anyone walking on water?

famicommander
Freshman

Post#35 » by famicommander » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

None of them think vaccines are fake, none of them refer to all women as "females", none of them have killed anyone in a drunk driving wreck (or otherwise), and none of them are about to get kicked out of their dream jobs for gambling.

So no, none of them "walk on water" but they all have basic levels of intelligence.
skywalker33

Post#36 » by skywalker33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm

famicommander wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

None of them think vaccines are fake, none of them refer to all women as "females", none of them have killed anyone in a drunk driving wreck (or otherwise), and none of them are about to get kicked out of their dream jobs for gambling.

So no, none of them "walk on water" but they all have basic levels of intelligence.

My point is they're having a tough time as a family, you being an ASS isn't making any difference. Ya don't throw stones in a glass house...if that's what you're here for, you don't have a true Nuggets heart. Easier to BLOCK you, than read **** posts like this.

famicommander
Freshman

Post#37 » by famicommander » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm

All I said was that they're stupid. Which, clearly, they are. All the hardships they're facing are entirely self-inflicted and have nothing to do with me or my Nuggets fandom.
skywalker33

Post#38 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:59 pm

Just 10 games left in the season. We've gone 15-2 since the All-Star Break with the first of those two losses to the PHX Suns, who we play next. First, TIME FOR PAYBACK !! Next, we need to start settling in on a playoff rotation. Saw some good PT for some of the younger guy as well as a little rest for some of our starting five. Could see KCP getting a nite off tonight but this could be a playoff matchup, lwt's see what they got.

skywalker33

Post#39 » by skywalker33 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

Looking like tomorrow's game vs MINN could swing the #1 seed, win and we're almost a shoe-in, lose and we're giving the driver's seat away to MINN. After that only 3 games against playoff opponents so we're still in a good sort, but sure want to take it to the T-pups

Manolito
Senior
And1: 392

Post#40 » by Manolito » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:14 pm

I don't care the final seed from 1 to 3 as long as we face Pelicans in first round. I do not want to see LAL or PHX in first round at all, where they still have fresh legs. DAL and LAC would be also much more complicated than Pelicans

I can see us beating OKC or MIN in a potential Game 7 on the road, and Boston is out of the race, so these last games should be used to rest starters and track Pelicans' position.

Return to Denver Nuggets