ImageImageImage

Nuggets vs Sonics 1994

Moderator: THE J0KER

Grey
Rookie
And1: 4

Nuggets vs Sonics 1994 

Post#1 » by Grey » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Anyone who thinks what the Warriors did last season was more impressive, is too young to remember the '94 Nuggets.

I just felt like saying that after seeing highlights of the series on NBA TV a few minutes ago.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,280

Post#2 » by RRFB » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:21 pm

:nod:
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
And1: 0
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#3 » by djtruebeliever » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:20 am

imho (in my homeristic opinion) the Nuggets had to overcome a lot more than the warriors did, being that I saw a much greater mental collapse from dallas than I did from seattle. also, the warriors last season were a much better team than their record, what with that massive trade and all.
I'm in Kokokiko!
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#4 » by pickaxe » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:36 pm

Wonder if we could replace Dikembe with AI in that photo?

Or maybe Carter?
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 39

Post#5 » by denvers_finest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:45 pm

I would say Denver's win was a bigger upset for several reasons

1) Not to take anything away from GS, but a large part of why they won that series was Nellie. Not only did he coach almost every player on that team, he also basically taught Avery the ropes of coaching. He knew everything about that team. I think Dallas was probably the only team in last years playoffs that GS could have beaten.

2) Denver was good that year, but nobody really expected anything out of them. GS on the other hand didn't really have their full team until the all-star break (with Baron injured and the trade). They probably would have been a higher seed with a full season together.

3) Denver lost the first two games, and had to win the final three (including the decisive game in Seattle). GS got up early, and was able to close out the series at home.

Both were big upsets, but I think Denver's was bigger. But, I'm a Nuggets fan, so I'm probably a bit biased.
HouseofBoozer
Junior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by HouseofBoozer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:28 am

I usually don't visit this board and when I do its just to be obnoxious. Sorry about that. I've always gotten kicks out of how fast and easy people can get upset in rivalries. However I do have to say that the Nuggets in 94 had to be a better team. From a Jazz fans perspective I was afraid of the Nuggets then. Last year the Warriors didn't make me nervous at all. That Denver team was dangerous. They took the Jazz to the limit, and that was a Jazz team that was much better than the Jazz team last year. And besides, I think that Seattle team was better than Dallas was too, but who knows.

Return to Denver Nuggets