ImageImageImage

San Antonio @ Denver

Moderator: THE J0KER

Sports_4Life
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Sports_4Life » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:15 am

As far as the AI DJ thing.

I remember that game from 2 years ago. Sixers had a 20 point lead, Nuggets came back. Iverson tried to drive twice and lay it in late in the game and DJ blocked them. Sixers lost.

Then I heard a rumor that AI couldn't score on DJ in practice.

I don't know if its true or not but labeling DJ as the AI stopper is a little farfetched.
Kobay wrote:If Kwame Brown held that trophy he would have dropped it on his head and he would be paralyzed for life.

:rofl:
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#42 » by pickaxe » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:38 am

That's still two blocks and that's still a lot of defense to come from a bench guy. It's not really like he's an AI stopper, - I mean AI is going to find ways to score and DJ won't be on him all game, but that's a nice backup to throw in there while Bowen switches to Melo or Manu's on the bench.

And the Spurs have beat the Nuggets without DJ and without Tony Parker. We'll have K-Mart and hopefully the full cast. It could look different on both sides.

The one thing I remember from DJ on AI is the DJ's long arms bugged AI.....and that's the part that distracts him. Then again, AI has a different team this time and he doesn't have to iso with Bowen or DJ or anyone.
DNIsLeGiT
Junior

Post#43 » by DNIsLeGiT » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:45 am

Seems like manu,elson and barry isn't playing so i really like our chances alot better now because manu loves to play against us and he seems like a bad match up for any of our players.All we need to do is contain the damn role players such as finley and oberto who always seem to have big game against us.PLEASE for the love of the game put your hands up on the 3-pointers.

GO NUGGETS!!
Blue_N_Gold
Veteran

Post#44 » by Blue_N_Gold » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:05 am

EMB6903 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Link???? fans that didnt jump ship and were Nuggets fans Before Allen Iverson came along knows that DJ played very well against Iverson when he was in there, Ive never seen Iverson struggle against a certain player as much as he did with before with DJ

I'm someone that has been a Nuggets fan long before AI came along, and I think the whole DJ being an AI stopper deal is blown 100X times out of proportion. Sure, I, like the rest of you, saw a couple of DJ's most memorable blocks as a Nugget. But for every block, there were plenty of times DJ lost AI going around a screen or - lacking the lateral quickness to defend AI - saw AI blew right past him.

DJ had some nice moments against AI, but holding AI to one (not two, not three, but one) mediocre game against the Nuggets does not make you an AI stopper no more than it made Junior Harrington an AI stopper in 2003.
sportsmikegm23
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by sportsmikegm23 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:52 am

Thank god the game is soon...I am sick of the DJ/Iverson thing already....

I hope we can just win the game...I don't care about individual match-ups...just play hard and as a team and we can beat anyone....
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie

Post#46 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:43 pm

Martin is still bothered by a right hamstring strain, which sidelined him in four of the past five games, but coach George Karl said Martin will play.

Karl said Martin won't be under any "minutes watch, but with Nene, Kenyon, Eddie (Najera) and Marcus, I don't think we're going to kill anybody (with too many minutes). We're going to give everybody an opportunity."

That should give the Nuggets a much better frontline than in the previous matchup against San Antonio. On that night, Nene was still out with the thumb injury and Martin was suspended, because of a flagrant foul from earlier in the week.

we're a complete team tonight. our paint will be filled of massive bodies. let's hope we can turn this into a win and start what we talked about the whole season. to be an elite team

a nice opportunity to see if the "full health" nuggets (we're not 100 % :rofl: but we have all important players together) can beat the full health champions!
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#47 » by djtruebeliever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:59 pm

we'll see how good our frontcourt rotation is when gk plays two undersized guards at all times.
I'm in Kokokiko!
Neel
Senior

Post#48 » by Neel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:07 pm

We aren't playing a full healthy Spurs team, though. I think I read somewhere that Ginobli, Barry, and Elson are out?

With those three out, we have a pretty good chance.
PeTBuLL
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#49 » by PeTBuLL » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:56 pm

We have a great playoff match up tonight, NENE X TD, last time Nene did a pretty god job...
Nenê, brazilan tomahawk!
Princerod
Senior

Post#50 » by Princerod » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:57 pm

Typically the game we need to win if we want to level up.

I hope Martin'll play but I hope he won't if he isn't 100% healthy.

And I'd like AI to kill DJ, but he won't have enough playing time.
Ready for Victory
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie

Post#51 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:58 pm

@ Neel

no, they are questionable not out. it's not sure if they play.

@ PeTBuLL

yeah, nene was GREAT against TD in the playoffs. defensively as offensively... :)
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#52 » by pickaxe » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:45 pm

Melo and TD are neck and neck for AS WC forward votes....like 21k separates them.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#53 » by MHZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:16 pm

I'm not too worried about Duncan beating Melo. He deserves it.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#54 » by pickaxe » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:21 pm

No, though it's cool Melo is holding his own. I was expecting maybe one more forward to challenge him, but Nowitzki is down around 700k. Up there with Tim Duncan is definitely a step up.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by MHZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:23 pm

This is pretty accurate with how it was last year. Melo beats Dirk, loses to Duncan.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#56 » by pickaxe » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:30 pm

Who else was up there?
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie

where is corona? 

Post#57 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:31 pm

corona i wait for my graphics the whole day. they want to be posted in the preview... where are you :D
airchibundo507
Pro Prospect
And1: 106

Post#58 » by airchibundo507 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:40 pm

Neel wrote:We aren't playing a full healthy Spurs team, though. I think I read somewhere that Ginobli, Barry, and Elson are out?

With those three out, we have a pretty good chance.

no ginobili or barry?

there goes the spurs' best perimeter threats.

now we can close the lanes and shut down duncan and try to limit parker's limitation.

I'll enjoy getting to see how anthony carter fairs against the best penetrating PG in the NBA.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: where is corona? 

Post#59 » by MHZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:42 pm

1#Don_IguoDalembert#9 wrote:corona i wait for my graphics the whole day. they want to be posted in the preview... where are you :D

I can add them if you let me know where to find them.
MelosMileHigh
Senior

Post#60 » by MelosMileHigh » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:26 pm

meloivynene wrote:Who else was up there?

If you are asking who else beat Melo (and Duncan for that matter), it was KG. Melo came in third in voting and came within a pardon from Herr Stern of being the first leading scorer to miss the ASG.
"I would rather be shot in the head than play for Denver." - Steve Francis

That 2002-03 Laker team went on to lose to the Spurs in the second round. I remember because I was a Laker fan then. -Snakefromhell

Return to Denver Nuggets