ImageImageImage

Nuggets Lottery/Draft Chatter

Moderator: THE J0KER

Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Nuggets Lottery/Draft Chatter 

Post#1 » by Powder Blue » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:08 am

Well the Knicks were just officially eliminated thus we are slated to have their pick in the upcoming draft. (Likely the 11th pick)

Draft Lottery is May 20th (Currently have a combined 5-6% chance at a top 3 pick)

Draft is June 26th

Discuss...
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Re: Nuggets Lottery/Draft Chatter 

Post#2 » by eathb_au » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:11 am

I'm on the Zach LaVine train.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#3 » by TKF » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:33 am

well congrats.. exactly what I feared when the knicks made that awful trade.. and it was awful pretty much drove me away from that team, after 30 years of loyal fandom..

i like denver, and their prospects for the future... Good luck with the lottery pick.. carmelo and the knicks.. the gift that just keeps on giving.. LOL
patrol345
Junior
And1: 21

Post#4 » by patrol345 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Id like rodney hood personally. seems fast enough to play SG and big enough to play SF could be a great asset off the bench or possibly a starter. would make sense if we traded Wilson chandler along with someone to clear some salary.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,609

Post#5 » by youngthegiant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm not sold on Hood, his defense is pretty bad. I would take Gary Harris or Zach Lavine.
patrol345
Junior
And1: 21

Post#6 » by patrol345 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Lavine looks nice, I wouldnt complain about him either, I think Harris has a low ceiling which I hope we dont go with picking in the lotto if we were picking in the late teens or 20's id be ok with harris but not 11th. Hoods defense is underrated you want to see bad defense on duke look no further than Parker. Hood has the foot speed size and length to be a good defender, His ability to shoot and get to the rim will make him really good in the NBA. but im no expert so I could be wrong lol.
josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#7 » by josh_nuggets » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:38 am

Personally i take james young of kentcuky. Athletic, can shoot, can drive, 6ft 6 with a 7ft wingspan and can play both 2 and 3.

IF you drafted either him or hood i would definaly see a trade for chandler. And give fournier more minutes.

I could see zach lavine slid down in the draft, maybe u could trade chandler and a 2nd or 2 for a pick to get lavine.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#8 » by The Rebel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:40 pm

I am actually of a different opinion, I think the Nuggets should and will go with one of the young centers, I actually think the SG slot is fine for the future with Fournier showing more signs, and Foye is fine off the bench. Right now we have Lawson and 2 solid backup PGs and I think they can resign Brooks for a reasonable deal. Leaving our biggest weakness at center.

As much as I like Mozgov he is not exactly young in NBA years and I still do not trust McGee, would like to see them draft and develop a young center for the long term.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#9 » by Powder Blue » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:49 pm

I like a Hood/Young/Harris pick. Willie Cauley-Stein is the only C slated to go somewhere near where we're picking and I think the 3 previously listed players are all better although Willie is only 20. I don't want the Nuggets to reach on the pick.

Moz and Fou have had flashes but I'd like to see consistency.

Hearing a lot about "King" Joffrey Lauvergne, while not a true C at 6' 11'' he could add some size to the Nuggets if they bring him over next season.
tstrick33
Junior
And1: 80

Post#10 » by tstrick33 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 am

I do hope we see Lauvergne sooner rather than later, the guy looks pretty solid.

I still really hope the Nuggets trade Faried to move up (Sac @ 7) and nab someone like Vonleh or Gordon. Randle might even slip to seven as well.

If we keep the pick I could see Hood being a bit of a Rashard Lewis-like player and he stretches the floor. He also played in a similar system with Duke and I think he would be the safest bet to contribute right away.

I am completely against Lavine, the dude doesn't even show up in the tournament and then instead of talking about how upset he was about his play, he declares himself for the NBA.

He has good upside but needs at least one more year at College, he will get chewed up in the NBA and will more than likely get buried in the NBDL for the first few years.

Gary Harris is a good player, but then what do you do with Fournier?
cold_cowboy
Veteran
And1: 2,220

Post#11 » by cold_cowboy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:11 am

frankly, i'd be happy with anybody. i don't watch college basketball at all, so my input is useless, but my question is what aspect needs to be specifically addressed? it seems we've got all the main roles set, so aside from finding a gem superstar, is defense the main thing that we should search for?
CanNugget
Senior
And1: 1

Post#12 » by CanNugget » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:51 pm

The Rebel wrote:I am actually of a different opinion, I think the Nuggets should and will go with one of the young centers, I actually think the SG slot is fine for the future with Fournier showing more signs, and Foye is fine off the bench. Right now we have Lawson and 2 solid backup PGs and I think they can resign Brooks for a reasonable deal. Leaving our biggest weakness at center.

As much as I like Mozgov he is not exactly young in NBA years and I still do not trust McGee, would like to see them draft and develop a young center for the long term.

Who would that be though? Cauley-Stein (I wouldn't have wanted anyways) is returning. That would leave a couple of international prospects but no clear standout, IMO.

I think it should always be best player available. That being said, I really like Harris. A two way player that has some real potential of becoming a defensive stopper. He's a little short but can't go wron with a solid 3 & D player.
I also really like Stauskas, if he declares, because of his shooting and I still think he has some defensive potential based on his BBIQ.
Lavine and Hood are definitely intriguing, but their defense and attitude towards it, really worries me. If these guys are the worst case scenario though, not bad at all.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#13 » by Powder Blue » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Officially have the 11th pick with a 5.4% chance at a top 3 pick...
cold_cowboy
Veteran

Post#14 » by cold_cowboy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 pm

took me 8 spins:

eathb_au
Analyst

Post#15 » by eathb_au » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:03 am

If Milwaukee drafts Embiid, something like #11 + Hickson for Henson and Mayo?
josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#16 » by josh_nuggets » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:56 am

eathb_au wrote:If Milwaukee drafts Embiid, something like #11 + Hickson for Henson and Mayo?

i wouldnt be interested in that. mayo at over 8mil and then u have to pay henson after a yr, perfer to get jeouffry and draft a young player
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#17 » by pickaxe » Mon May 12, 2014 9:25 am

I'm actually wondering about Steven Adams for the Center slot. Small trade? Keep the Czech, McGee, and maybe add Adams somehow. Why Adams? 6 extremely useful fouls.

If we were to select a SG with the pick, let's just be consistent with the current vision/mission. Our deadliness from downtown disappeared this season nearly completely. But......if we retain Brooks and get Gallo back that changes things a bit.

Perhaps a leader from the freethrow line? Something to think about. Sometimes it takes just one cat who is very disciplined and it sets the precedent for all free throws.

Should we make McGee earn a starting position? I think this is vital. While we can all agree he has the talent, -not quite as sure about his motivation, bbiq, etc.

Maybe drafting a sharpshooting sg would push Fournier, maybe the Foye/Lawson/Brooks/Robinson rotation can push Fournier on their own.

put the ball in the basket like this
eathb_au
Analyst

Post#18 » by eathb_au » Mon May 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Liking Gary Harris the more I read about him. Is basically what we need at SG.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#19 » by Powder Blue » Mon May 19, 2014 7:51 pm

While I'm all for having a little faith it's a bit ridiculous how much I'm reading about the Nuggets and winning the lotto. We have a combined 97% chance of securing the 11th or 12th pick folks, lets not get overly excited about that 3% chance at the top 3.
cold_cowboy
Veteran

Post#20 » by cold_cowboy » Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 am

come on, big money big money - stop!

Return to Denver Nuggets