ImageImageImage

Afflalo For Fournier and the 56th!!!

Moderator: THE J0KER

Teens On Acid
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Re: Afflalo For Fournier and the 56th!!! 

Post#21 » by Teens On Acid » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:40 pm

not sure how i feel about this yet. Plus, we have a decent SG...minus, i would have liked to see Fours develop for another year. Either way, I guess it helps.
josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#22 » by josh_nuggets » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Teens On Acid wrote:not sure how i feel about this yet. Plus, we have a decent SG...minus, i would have liked to see Fours develop for another year. Either way, I guess it helps.

Didn't u see affalo last year? He was getting considerion for the all star game! I know the east isn't loaded but still we got him so cheap
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#23 » by pickaxe » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:19 pm

tstrick33 wrote:This trade was definitely a steal for us. However, I really hope TC is not done dealing because this is the EXACT same lineup we had a few years ago that couldn't get out of the first round.

Uh......... no, it is not the same lineup. This is a post Iggy lineup with Iggy swapped out for Afflalo. There is no Miller, and there is Nate. We have a Foye. We have a Croatian 7 foot monster instead of a Greek 7 foot monster. JaVale has the green light to start as soon as his bones heal.

Completely different team. Oh yeah, and, Shaw.

put the ball in the basket like this
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by Teens On Acid » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:34 pm

josh_nuggets wrote:
Teens On Acid wrote:not sure how i feel about this yet. Plus, we have a decent SG...minus, i would have liked to see Fours develop for another year. Either way, I guess it helps.

Didn't u see affalo last year? He was getting considerion for the all star game! I know the east isn't loaded but still we got him so cheap

yea i know i know..he's definitely a plus for us if he stays and isn't part of a bigger trade. i just wanted to see how Fours turned out. that's all.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#25 » by The Rebel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 am

I understand why they traded for Afflalo, but I never did understand why they traded him in the 1st place, I was never a fan of Igoudala, and now that whole mess cost us Fournier. I think Fournier is going to be a good player for a long time in this league, and am a little pissed we should have had them both.
Teens On Acid
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by Teens On Acid » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:08 am

The Rebel wrote:I understand why they traded for Afflalo, but I never did understand why they traded him in the 1st place, I was never a fan of Igoudala, and now that whole mess cost us Fournier. I think Fournier is going to be a good player for a long time in this league, and am a little pissed we should have had them both.

man, i couldn't agree more. i'm bummed to see Fours go, but hey, with Harris, things might work themselves out
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#27 » by pickaxe » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:28 am

The Rebel wrote:I understand why they traded for Afflalo, but I never did understand why they traded him in the 1st place, I was never a fan of Igoudala, and now that whole mess cost us Fournier. I think Fournier is going to be a good player for a long time in this league, and am a little pissed we should have had them both.

Well, the Iguodala trade is a perfect example of how renting a player had better be to actually W it all if you have to give up your future to rent.

I'm going to be pretty happy with this lineup.....McDermott's got a laser guided shot so along with Afflalo that should just about ramp our shooting back up. Plus the guys that are streaky might be able to get a few more good streaks in there with McDermott's consistency .....well, and Afflalo's consistency.

pickaxe
Analyst

Post#28 » by pickaxe » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:29 am

And JaVale and Danilo actually in the lineup. In whatever form.

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#29 » by MHZ » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:36 am

pickaxe wrote:

Well, the Iguodala trade is a perfect example of how renting a player had better be to actually W it all if you have to give up your future to rent.

I'm going to be pretty happy with this lineup.....McDermott's got a laser guided shot so along with Afflalo that should just about ramp our shooting back up. Plus the guys that are streaky might be able to get a few more good streaks in there with McDermott's consistency .....well, and Afflalo's consistency.

It really is time for the NBA to get with the 21st century. Your product takes a hit when Gary Harris is the "Bulls' pick" an hour after the world knew about the trade. Learn from the NFL. Presentation matters. It may seem like a small thing, but the NFL understands how to turn all of their events into polished television productions.

McDermott was dealt, my man.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#30 » by pickaxe » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:01 am

MHZ wrote:
pickaxe wrote:

It really is time for the NBA to get with the 21st century. Your product takes a hit when Gary Harris is the "Bulls' pick" an hour after the world knew about the trade. Learn from the NFL. Presentation matters. It may seem like a small thing, but the NFL understands how to turn all of their events into polished television productions.

McDermott was dealt, my man.

:nod: nba.com

pickaxe
Analyst

Post#31 » by pickaxe » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:04 am

Did you see the lousy job the web designers did on the draft "tape" at the top of their flagship website? If you click right, it goes right, but if you click left to go back it jumps to some random number like 11.

I got up to speed but in a really weird order. You would think nba.com would get their product together.

I knew about Afflalo, but saw we picked McDermott. I had to come to RealGM to even hear about the trade because I don't have anything else on at the moment. It's ok. Just went through 3 different analyses of scenarios with players we seemingly had at various stages. Fuuuuun. :roll:

josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#32 » by josh_nuggets » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 pm

If the nuggets knew they could get Harris with pick 16, do you think they would still have done the AAA trade?
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#33 » by The Rebel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:37 pm

josh_nuggets wrote:If the nuggets knew they could get Harris with pick 16, do you think they would still have done the AAA trade?

I do not know, more than likely. they want to win now and counting on a rookie to come in and start is a pretty big risk if you think you can win now. Plus I think it was pretty obvious that Fournier was not a fit in the system that Shaw wants to run, so they were willing to move him, I just hope Shaw does a better job next year, cause if he is fired and someone who wants to run a more fluid offense without everything going through the post or PG than I will really be irritated.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#34 » by RRFB » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:49 pm

josh_nuggets wrote:If the nuggets knew they could get Harris with pick 16, do you think they would still have done the AAA trade?

I think so, yeah. Afflalo/Foye/Harris is a much better 2 guard rotation than Foye/Fournier/Harris. They clearly wanted to get better right now, not just for the future. I think they did both yesterday.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#35 » by pickIBL » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Agree with above... AA never should have been dealt and it is great to see him back where he always belonged.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
corona
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 234

Post#36 » by corona » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:54 am

welcome back AAA.

interested to see how much he's grown as a player with orlando. and excited that i'm sure he'll keep improving over the next couple years, as he has throughout his career.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#37 » by Nuggets_Talk » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:02 pm

yes. harris isnt ready to start yet plus at 19 you have to take that kind of talent. even if you are super deep at SG (which we really arent anyways)

Return to Denver Nuggets