ImageImageImage

How long will Kroenke stay with a clueless Shaw?

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Re: How long will Kroenke stay with a clueless Shaw? 

Post#41 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:40 pm

StunnaStan wrote:Mcw was rookie of the year last year so their Draft day swap was worth it. Nerlens noel was the concensus #1 pick before his acl injury then he fell because teams though that his athleticism wouldn't return (like danilo) but if you've watched him play this season you see that he's definitely more explosive than pre injury. That kj Daniels kid from Clemson is one if the biggest draft steals. Embidd is the real deal. Factor all of that in with the fact that bret brown is purposely not putting his best lineups out on the floor, hinkie is purposely signing players who he thinks won't help win games to 1 year deals, and the fact that they'll have a top 4 pick and another lottery pick for this next draft. I can't help but think of okc when I look at how philly is doing their build.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app

MCW was rookie of the year in a draft that looks like it may be one of the worst drafts in a very long time, and was so impressive to the 76ers brass that they have been shopping him since the end of last season. The guy is very inefficient.
Nerlens Noel was the #1 pick in a terrible draft, and so far has looked pretty good, outside of missing a full season and already missing 20% of his teams games this year.
The daniels kid does look good, and I will agree on Embiid looking like the real deal but so far he appears very injury prone.

You are also right in that they are not trying to win games, but once again I would call their rebuild as incomplete at best.

I have watched the NBA as long as I can remember, and year after year I see a team being put together with a ton of lottery talent, I see team after team building through the draft, and every year those teams think they are going to be a contender in 3 years. The fact you never really know how things will work out with all the young guys. To proclaim any team as future contenders is ridiculous.
jpizzle
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#42 » by jpizzle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:34 pm

U forgot to mention dario Saric being stashed in Europe for the next couple years. He's got some real talent and killed it in FIBA this past summer. Not to mention he's killin it in Europe as well this year. Only will get better and another piece for the sixers future. We got the most cap space and will def do some trades down the line to solidify our team.

Anyways, back to my real discussion... When the effin hell will Brian little dick shaw get FIRED???! I've never seen a coach this bad. It's getting out of hand. And yea I'm being a bit selfish since I have faried playing on all 4 of ny money leagues!!! His minutes are pathetic. Shaw is blind.

Will he get the boot this year or what
its time for the sixers to stop gettin HOSED!
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#43 » by Maf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:45 pm

What a great optimism. Thinking great of Sixers "plan" needs a huge balls.

19 wins last year, 0-9 this year but someone sees bright future of team that won 50 games ONCE since 1990. I envy.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#44 » by StunnaStan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:52 pm

their plan hasnt come into fruition so its too early to call it great, but i applaud them for saying that "enough is enough with sneaking into the playoffs being an 6th to 8th seed just to get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round" I started following denver in 03 when they got melo and we went to the playoffs 10-11 straight years and have had the same result in getting knocked out early except 1 year. most of the teams in the league put a roster together and hope they can grow and maximize their talent for a 2-3 year window. other teams who have desirable living conditions lure in stars by throwing the bank. teams like denver and philly, are small markets and dont have the same allure to star players to come to their city as a miami heat for example. so those teams that fall under that catagory have 3 options as far as trying to compete for a title. Theres A: get a whole bunch of good role players and hope they mesh well (aka the current teams we've had for the last 5 years), theres B: throw the bank at 1 superstar and surround him with affordable role (bums) players (the knicks are a good example of this although they are a big market), or you can choose option C: tank in order to get the younger talent you feel meshes with your idea of a championship team.

Denver has already tried the 1st 2 options and its worked to no avail so im all for reconstructing the roster. that being said, getting rid of brian shaw takes priority over all of what was said above
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by StunnaStan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Maf wrote:What a great optimism. Thinking great of Sixers "plan" needs a huge balls.

19 wins last year, 0-9 this year but someone sees bright future of team that won 50 games ONCE since 1990. I envy.

to what you said, i say read this

The 2007–08 Seattle SuperSonics season was the 41st season of the Seattle SuperSonics in the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the franchise's final season of play in Seattle, Washington before relocating to Oklahoma City to play as the Thunder. With head coach P. J. Carlesimo as replacement of Bob Hill, who was fired at the end of the previous season,[1] the Sonics finished in 15th place in the Western Conference with a franchise worst 20–62 record. Seattle's first round draft pick and no. 2 overall Kevin Durant was chosen as the Rookie of the Year at the end of the season.
patrol345
Junior
And1: 21

Post#46 » by patrol345 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:04 pm

I am all fine with blowing this roster up and tanking. The problem is all the players we have, have lost a lot of their value thanks to shaw's sucky offense. It would basically be us selling low on everybody to tank and that's not what you want. I say fire the coach let hunt run the team for the rest of the year see how things go, get gallo and mcgee back up to some what of value and have a fire sell if things dont go well.
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by StunnaStan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:06 pm

its a tricky situation. Lets say hunt takes over and denver starts winning more often than now but still ultimately miss out on the playoffs. in doing so we might slightly raise some players value but what is that going to get us in return? when we did the melo trade, denver probably had some hope that either 1 of chandler or danilo could blossom into at least borderline stars. danilo was at the cusp of that before the acl and i dont see him picking up where he left off anytime soon. no matter what happens this season, teams know that if you trade for a wilson chandler or danilo gallanari they arent going to be your franchise changers. this isnt even taking into consideration their contracts. that being said, lets say we find a team to unload these guys on, ok what kind of talent are we getting back? i dont see us being able to get a player of melo's caliber via trade again. so are we going to trade for a different set of role players? that would be a lateral move. do we trade for a player we think can develop into some type of star? well if that player is already in the league and isnt playing like a star, why would we take a gamble and assume he'll turn it around in denver. Im sure if charlotte knew lance would be shooting 37% they wouldve got a different player (i dont think his 10 rebounds per make up for his bad offense).

i say we trade a couple guys on the roster in some salary dump moves or for some draft picks and reconstruct the team. i think the only pieces worth keeping (all things considered) are gary harris, eric green (who i honestly think is/can be better than lawson and nate), Jusuf Nurkic, and Kenneth Faried. Outside of those 4, we can get rid of the rest of these bums. i still feel that if javale mcgee gets 30plus mpg, his numbers would be impressive but i came to a realization that as long as he is in denver, he wont be able to get those min because of "coaching decisions". and to think i hyped this team up all offseason lmao wtf was i thinking
Maf
Starter

Post#48 » by Maf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:27 pm

StunnaStan wrote:
Maf wrote:What a great optimism. Thinking great of Sixers "plan" needs a huge balls.

to what you said, i say read this

The 2007–08 Seattle SuperSonics season was the 41st season of the Seattle SuperSonics in the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the franchise's final season of play in Seattle, Washington before relocating to Oklahoma City to play as the Thunder. With head coach P. J. Carlesimo as replacement of Bob Hill, who was fired at the end of the previous season,[1] the Sonics finished in 15th place in the Western Conference with a franchise worst 20–62 record. Seattle's first round draft pick and no. 2 overall Kevin Durant was chosen as the Rookie of the Year at the end of the season.

I read and don't understand.

1) Were talking about Sixers. You see top 5 NBA player on their roster like KD?

2) Sonics/Thunder drafted Durant. So we will now act like it wasn't only because Blazers thought it's great idea to draft Oden? Speaking of Portland- how about their best player was drafted by Bulls who decided to trade him for Tyrus Thomas and Khryapa?
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by StunnaStan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Its like the saying "you can take a horse to a river but you cant force it to drink"

Nobody held a gun to portlands head and said oden was the guy to take. they thought oden was the best fit for their team at the time and they made their pick. when you own a top 3 pick (as well as any draft pick) ITS YOUR (the team/organizations) responsibility to draft the right player. the cavs were smart enough to take lebron at 1. detroit fxcked up and took darko 2. denver saw carmelo got passed on at 2 and were smart enough to take him at 3. that being said, how does portlands draft mishap relate to denver tanking?

And in regards to oden, if you followed college basketball back then, he was the obvious clear cut #1 pick BASED ON WHAT HE DID IN COLLEGE. NOT BASED ON WHAT WOULD THEN BE BE CALLED THE FUTURE. im sure the team that drafted SAM BOWIE would draft the guy who shoes are sold at 230 nowadays if they could go back in time, but back then, they couldnt see into the future and drafted Bowie based of what they saw and knew about the kid at college.

MCW is farrrr from being a top 5 player in the league. we can all agree to that. does that mean that they cant be a top team in the league, let alone the east, no. the grizzlies dont have a top 10 player on their roster but they do have a very good team. their center is a top 3, zbo is top 7-10, conley is better than lawson (hate to admit it) and the rest of the guys on their team are solid. saying statements like they dont have a top 5 player in the league serve no prupose in your argument. all i said was the way philly and okc tank are similar but i never said the way they draft their player are similar. okc focused on acquring wings first (durant, westbrook, harden) and they have been working on acquiring bigs since (ibaka, adams, mcgary). philly is doing their build the oppsite way by trying to acquire their bigs first (noel, joel) and getting the wings later in the draft.
Maf
Starter

Post#50 » by Maf » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Agree Durant looked awesome at college. I meant that you still need hell of a luck in draft. OKC had it when Portland made a bad pick.

By that top 5 talent I meant that even Cavs with Lebron, OKC with Durant or NO with Davis were losing at first you could see they're going to be awesome players and mke their teams better.

Why we shouldn't accept Lawson is worse then Conley? I would trade Ty for guy like Conley or Teague in a second.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
WileTheCoyote
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#51 » by WileTheCoyote » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Can this team honestly compete this year in the West? Or any year for that matter? Here is the honest truth; you need exceptional coaching and or talent to be a top team in the NBA. The Nuggets clearly have neither. The reality is, they would need a top tier coach/coaching staff to excel with this roster; and chances are that still wouldn’t be enough. While the jury is still out on Philly, they sure seem to be playing the odds; that one of these drafts they will land an all-star caliber, impact player. And while its unlikely that any one draft pick will turn into an all-star, it seems far more unlikely that a team could have success (playoff success) without a high pick.
There is talk about how historically bad the Nuggets are at drafting, but the fact is that getting a top draft pick is the team’s best option. Every top team in the league has used quality draft picks (whether its draft night trades or not) as the cornerstone to their success in one-way or another (except for maybe Houston).

This is especially true for smaller market teams - there are numerous historical examples like Malone in Utah or KG in Minnesota, but what about today:

OKC (Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Jeff Green)
Indiana (Paul George, Hibbert, Stephenson)
Portland (Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Lillard)
San Antonio (Robinson, Duncan, …)

Keeping the player’s once their here is another problem entirely. But, the team needs to get a top 5 pick and put every resource into picking the right prospect, which is by no means an exact science. I mean its no wonder they voted to change the lottery system, it’s set up so teams that are at the bottom get better talent, so much so that its viable for teams to intentionally get worse to get better.

Return to Denver Nuggets