ImageImageImage

Ongoing Nuggets Game Talk..

Moderator: THE J0KER

Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Ongoing Nuggets Game Talk.. 

Post#1 » by Powder Blue » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:20 am

I see that the young guys got some burn in tonight's blowout. Any reviews of King Joffrey? looks like he at least shot well.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Re: Nuggets Game Talk.. 

Post#2 » by eathb_au » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 am

It's actually getting rather sad how Shaw is so desperately trying to save his job that he's doing the complete opposite of what the FO has said (and what he himself has said in the pre-game press) and continuing to resort to a lineup with Foye, Hickson and Nelson, the same lineup that has put us in a terrible W-L record. I don't know how many coaches at this point, at this terrible record would stick with the same lineup from the start of the season and not try to play new players - even if they made us worse, you would at least be able to know what they are capable of and if they are young, at least it is for the team's future benefit.
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#3 » by pickaxe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 pm

That Joffrey drop step was some of the best basketball movement we've seen all season.

Good cornerstone on which to build.

put the ball in the basket like this
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#4 » by pickaxe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 pm

eathb_au wrote:It's actually getting rather sad how Shaw is so desperately trying to save his job that he's doing the complete opposite of what the FO has said (and what he himself has said in the pre-game press) and continuing to resort to a lineup with Foye, Hickson and Nelson, the same lineup that has put us in a terrible W-L record. I don't know how many coaches at this point, at this terrible record would stick with the same lineup from the start of the season and not try to play new players - even if they made us worse, you would at least be able to know what they are capable of and if they are young, at least it is for the team's future benefit.

Idk maybe the allure of Shaw's potential, coupled with the fact Shaw himself made a commitment to the team and it would affect his career as a coach, couple with Shaw possibly trying to tank by knowingly putting out a losing lineup. You know, a "my bad" for bringing you over here Shaw, this has not worked out for either of us. Letting him play out the year.

I like long term solutions, but not if they are clearly bad. We have to see glimmers of what good we can expect down the road. We have to see that, even among the losses. Not seeing any glimmers.....mostly because we don't have a set plan. I could be excited about run & gun, half court ball, really tough defense. What the hell am I going to get excited about when I go to a game? If it's defense show me the defense.

Just trying to latch onto something here that has to do with basketball and not office politics. Extremely hard to find here.

You know.....don't insult the fans' intelligence. If you're the Nuggets organization you might want to run a mild marketing campaign that shifts focus off this team as an attempted also-ran, and more on the nitty gritty of basketball.

Just give us a basketball show that we can watch and appreciate while we see the losses pile up.

You know, "We're doing all the fundamentals right, and let us show you we are pro. We just are not very good at winning."

That at least admits that there is no chance we are going to sniff a winning streak again this year.

StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#5 » by StunnaStan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Hopefully these L's keep on piling up. We're only 2.5 away from the 5th overall pick.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:44 pm

Here's what I think...some of the vets are refusing to give any effort on the court so Shaw is benching them to play the young guys. Can't say I blame Shaw honestly, and it may pay off in the long run,. As SS stated, we're not that far from the 5th spot, only 1/2 a game out of 6th so why not try to lose WHILE developing the young guys. Let the pouting vets (Faried ?) sit on the pine if they don't want to put out a high effort.

In the end we get a higher draft pick and better young players (or at least see which ones can contribute) rewarding them for good play.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#7 » by Powder Blue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:01 am

I know the losses help the draft pick but do we have to be blown out every game? I'll go ahead and say it...How the hell is Shaw still the coach? I feel like our rookies are going to be ruined in this dreadful environment.
pickaxe
Analyst

Post#8 » by pickaxe » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:40 am

Again, the shooting needs a lot of practice and toning. If we had to pick one non Shaw thing to fix it would be shot selection and actual shooting.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Players laughing and giving each other high 5s when they go down 14, the crowd openly mocking Shaw, and yet nothing changes. It seems that us fans are the only ones that give a ****, and it is making it damn hard to continue caring.

Also the shooting is not the problem, the veterans are not even trying. They quit weeks ago, and yet the ownership does nothing.
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#10 » by StunnaStan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:23 pm

The crowd mocking the wrong person. I don't understand why the majority of nugget fans hold an affinity for players who haven't gotten to a finals, western conference final, or 2nd round during their stint in Denver. There's 13 other teams out of the playoffs but their players aren't trying to show up their coaches. That being said, I can't name a player on the roster that is good enough for me to try to see things from his perspective as to why he would disobey the coach. When kobe would ignore d'antoni and mike brown, it was understandable because kobe is a great who's used to competing at the highest level. Aaron afflalo, jj Hickson and whoever else not listening to a guy that won a championship as a role player and ast coach is laughable. Ty lawson isn't a best player on a championship team so what do we expect? I have a feeling a lot more of the roster will be trimmed after the draft. We are at the same point of lawson career that philly was at with jrue holiday. He might be best on the team but what's his true worth? I feel like we should trade him because he's not a pg I feel comfortable having going up against every starting pg I'm the west playoffs except for pat beaverly. He's not worth what he's going to be due to get paid neither.

Anyway, what'd you guys think of will Barton last night. I was too busy play cod lol
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#11 » by Powder Blue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Barton is def a lot like Brewer, He can get out and run and make a couple shots. Not someone you want out there extended mins but he has some value. Made a really nice pass to Faried on a rare fast break.

The shooting is aweful, .429 for the season, tied for 3rd worst in the league. (.313, 2nd worst from 3). Ain't gonna win with those numbers
skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 pm

One thing I'm a bit surprised about is that we have two open roster spots and aren't bringing in anyone on 10 day contracts...seems to me a perfect time to audition young players for the future...maybe TC is a bit too overwhelmed by working thru that trade deadline :roll:

pickaxe
Analyst

Post#13 » by pickaxe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:34 am

Shooting is the one non-Shaw problem. They haven't done it well all season. Non-Shaw problem.

It's not going to come back with a snap of the fingers just as soon as the players want it to. If they shoot this badly it is going to carry forward.

skywalker33

Post#14 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:49 am

Lauvergne and Barton both look like they are out to prove themselves, a lot of effort and hustle out of both. JL is gonna be here but it looks like Barton could be a player too.

eathb_au
Analyst

Post#15 » by eathb_au » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:33 am

Could only watch the first half but I think it is clearly obvious that the tank is on. Hickson (-30), Foye (-23) and both coming in during the stretches where we go on a run.
Powder Blue
Analyst

Post#16 » by Powder Blue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 pm

The SG's shot a combined 5-21 last night... #losemoreforokafor
skywalker33

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:36 pm

Powder Blue wrote:The SG's shot a combined 5-21 last night... #losemoreforokafor

Rookie Harris shot 3-10 :(
1st yr Barton 6-9 :D
vet Foye 2-11 :roll:

skywalker33

Re: Ongoing Nuggets Game Talk.. 

Post#18 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:37 am

Another pitiful effort, this was against Utah for criminee sake......when does the season end ??

Chazzle94
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#19 » by Chazzle94 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Hey guys, Blazer fan here. I always liked Barton but he just needs to slow it down a bit. He needs to improve his passing a bit but his shooting has already improved in his first couple of years in the league. He plays with a lot of energy and I wish him all the best with you guys (if you choose to hold onto him), I think he can become a decent role player in this league if he irons out some of his play and sticks to what he is good at
eathb_au
Analyst

Post#20 » by eathb_au » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Chazzle94 wrote:Hey guys, Blazer fan here. I always liked Barton but he just needs to slow it down a bit. He needs to improve his passing a bit but his shooting has already improved in his first couple of years in the league. He plays with a lot of energy and I wish him all the best with you guys (if you choose to hold onto him), I think he can become a decent role player in this league if he irons out some of his play and sticks to what he is good at

As a Denver player so far:

16.8ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.3 apg, 48,9 FG%, 46.7 3PT% in 27 mpg

I say keep doing what he's doing.

Return to Denver Nuggets