ImageImageImage

Would you trade up in the draft ?

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Would you trade up in the draft ? 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:31 pm

difference between Melo and Gallo...Melo ( or LaLa ) was forcing a trade, Gallo isn't making that demand, thus fan loyalty. And really, that could just be dandruff you should just try some Selsun Blue.

I am not against trading Gallo, but he is adding a much needed element with his scoring.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#22 » by The Rebel » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:40 pm

StunnaStan wrote:While enjoying some classic nuggets basketball? Have fun in lala land.

Here's a thought. Carmelo Anthony brought it every night in Denver and was always an all star and denver traded him with little hesitation. On the flipside, danilo gallonari will never be all star level, is constantly hurt, historically inconsistent, and the majority of the fan base wants to wait to see how much gallo improves. Head scratcher

And considering we're on course to lose more games than we lost last season, I hardly see how danilos presence, let alone performance, can be considered a fortune of any sort.

Little hesitation? Are you trying to rewrite history? Melo reportedly requested a trade in June, he was traded the following February, 8 months is little hesitation? It also took months for most fans to accept that Melo wanted out.

Also the Nuggets have no reason to trade Gallo, when healthy he is the best player on the team, however due to injury history he has very limited value in trade. I would rather have Gallo for 60 games a year, than some expiring contract and late 1st round pick.
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#23 » by StunnaStan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:16 pm

ok i might of exaggerated a bit by saying with little hesitation but what does the fans accepting something have to do with trying to winning a chip? would you rather a front office that prioritizes making the fans happy over front office which prioritizes building culture from the ground up and keeping it?

when you say gallo is the best player of the team, do you see that as a positive? do you think that its a luxury to have him as our top guy? i dont think too many players nor coaches are losing sleep over how to guard gallo. i dont think at any point of his career teams will be scratching their heads on how to game plan for him. Would you rather have gallo over klay thomposon, damion lillard, tony parker, zach randolph, blake griffin, or dwight howard? i named all those players because they're all the 2nd best players on their teams and wayyy better than gallo. thats something worth bragging about.
skywalker33

Post#24 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:36 pm

clearly, I do not think Gallo is the best player on our team nor do I think he will lead us into the promised land. I see Gallo as a 3rd or 4th option on a very good team. His size at the 3 creates mismatches, he plays adequate defense and can hit the three and score in bunches at time. He's also versatile enough to play the 3 or 4, runs the floor pretty well all traits that fit the DEN style of play. Could he be more consistent with his play, couldn't he rebound a bit more ??? Yeah, but ....couldn't that be said about 85% of NBA players ??? Would I want him above any of those (conveniently all All-Star) players you mentioned...heck no. But I'll take him over Gay, Deng, Parsons, and a bunch of those type of players...yes. He seems to be recovering from that 2013 injury so I'd like to see what he's got for next season.

If we were offered a top 8 draft pick for him I'd trade him in a second. But right now I'd say he's one of the better guys to keep around, he's relatively young so he can fit in with the rebuild, he has maintained a good veteran presence for the team and the young guys and his trade stock value seems to be on the rise again.

StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Re: Re: Would you trade up in the draft ? 

Post#25 » by StunnaStan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:41 pm

skywalker33 wrote:clearly, I do not think Gallo is the best player on our team nor do I think he will lead us into the promised land. I see Gallo as a 3rd or 4th option on a very good team. His size at the 3 creates mismatches, he plays adequate defense and can hit the three and score in bunches at time. He's also versatile enough to play the 3 or 4, runs the floor pretty well all traits that fit the DEN style of play. Could he be more consistent with his play, couldn't he rebound a bit more ??? Yeah, but ....couldn't that be said about 85% of NBA players ??? Would I want him above any of those (conveniently all All-Star) players you mentioned...heck no. But I'll take him over Gay, Deng, Parsons, and a bunch of those type of players...yes. He seems to be recovering from that 2013 injury so I'd like to see what he's got for next season.

If we were offered a top 8 draft pick for him I'd trade him in a second. But right now I'd say he's one of the better guys to keep around, he's relatively young so he can fit in with the rebuild, he has maintained a good veteran presence for the team and the young guys and his trade stock value seems to be on the rise again.

Danilo is as good/slightly better than parsons, gay, and deng. I agree but also notice that none of the above mentioned are considered their teams best player. That's the problem right there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app
skywalker33

Post#26 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:41 pm

But the "better" players you refer to were all high draft pick (although Gallo was picked 6th, but was a very poor draft where he was definitely 2nd tier) with the exception of Marc Gasol, who likely would have been had he waited for the next draft.

Gallo can help us maintain a good playoff atmosphere while we use these next three years to build using the draft positions that should get us some high quality players, something we haven't had the opportunity to do over the past decade. With 2-3 potential high draft pick (who knows what the MEM pick will be) some lesser picks, plus some tradable assets in Lawson, Chandler, Faried and even Gallo himself, we can put together a stronger more talented team with some good FO moves (now that in itself is another quandary to examine)

swinginhorseman
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#27 » by swinginhorseman » Sun Apr 5, 2015 2:41 am

josh_nuggets wrote:Say we have the 7th pick in the draft and lakers offer us the 4th pick ( either russel or mudiay ) in exchage for lawson and our 7th pick

or if we couldnt or woudlnt do this trade, would you trade lawson straight up for the kings pick ?

I dont see us winning with lawson, and of late he just dosent seem to want to score at all and maybe its time for a PG change and trade lawson while he was value

your thoughts ?

Just to move up a couple of spots? No thanks...
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Post#28 » by JohnWall2 » Sun Apr 5, 2015 3:07 am

swinginhorseman wrote:
josh_nuggets wrote:Say we have the 7th pick in the draft and lakers offer us the 4th pick ( either russel or mudiay ) in exchage for lawson and our 7th pick

or if we couldnt or woudlnt do this trade, would you trade lawson straight up for the kings pick ?

I dont see us winning with lawson, and of late he just dosent seem to want to score at all and maybe its time for a PG change and trade lawson while he was value

your thoughts ?

Most of you guys seem to feel the same about that......not worth moving up a couple of spots.

Out of interest, would you guys accept Lawson and your pick for Clarkson and the Lakers pick? I doubt the Lakers would ever offer that but I think it makes things a lot more interesting.
swinginhorseman
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#29 » by swinginhorseman » Sun Apr 5, 2015 6:49 pm

JohnWall2 wrote:
swinginhorseman wrote:

your thoughts ?

Most of you guys seem to feel the same about that......not worth moving up a couple of spots.

Out of interest, would you guys accept Lawson and your pick for Clarkson and the Lakers pick? I doubt the Lakers would ever offer that but I think it makes things a lot more interesting.

It really depends in what the nuggets gm wants to do and the direction this club will go fron here. Half court or run? When we ran Karls system, we had a franchise record but lost to a legit young Golden State team. Ticket sales were great and they were fun to watch.

Ty Lawson should be kept if we decide to keep Hunt and continue runnning. Ty is familar with the Coach Karls system.

IMO stick to what works for us at this time. Ive been a nugget fan since 83 and all I ever hear about is building for the future. What future? Just keep it entertaining and the peices will all fall into place.
nugzin2040
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#30 » by nugzin2040 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:16 pm

The Rebel wrote:Who said they would not trade Lawson? I know you like to put words into people's mouths, but you should be a little less ridiculous when you are doing it. Only a fool would trade a PG of Lawson's caliber to move up 2 or 3 spots in the draft, that is just dumb.

I don't think moving up 3 spots is stupid if it is someone the team is really sold on getting.

I'd be more comfortable moving from 7 to 4, then I would be 20 to 17, so I don't think moving up 3 spots is always equal depending on where you are at in the draft.

There are not slam dunks in this draft, but I do feel that there is a considerable talent drop off after the top 5
skywalker33

Post#31 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:16 pm

uld
nugzin2040 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Who said they would not trade Lawson? I know you like to put words into people's mouths, but you should be a little less ridiculous when you are doing it. Only a fool would trade a PG of Lawson's caliber to move up 2 or 3 spots in the draft, that is just dumb.

I don't think moving up 3 spots is stupid if it is someone the team is really sold on getting.

I'd be more comfortable moving from 7 to 4, then I would be 20 to 17, so I don't think moving up 3 spots is always equal depending on where you are at in the draft.

There are not slam dunks in this draft, but I do feel that there is a considerable talent drop off after the top 5

I am of this mindset as well. Lawson is what he is, he's hit his ceiling and has become a very good PG, but I'd rather try for a SPECIAL PG. Wouldn't hurt to gain $12M in cap space and 6-7 years of youth either. And trading up to #4 for Mudiay or Russell couldn't make us any worse on defense as Lawson doesn't really standout in that area either.

We know at this stage we're not going to draw any FA's to DEN, so the draft is the best way to improve. We also have 4 #1's to build around Nurkic, Harris and perhaps Faried plus Mudiay or Russell if we were to make this trade.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by The Rebel » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:24 pm

skywalker33 wrote:clearly, I do not think Gallo is the best player on our team nor do I think he will lead us into the promised land. I see Gallo as a 3rd or 4th option on a very good team. His size at the 3 creates mismatches, he plays adequate defense and can hit the three and score in bunches at time. He's also versatile enough to play the 3 or 4, runs the floor pretty well all traits that fit the DEN style of play. Could he be more consistent with his play, couldn't he rebound a bit more ??? Yeah, but ....couldn't that be said about 85% of NBA players ??? Would I want him above any of those (conveniently all All-Star) players you mentioned...heck no. But I'll take him over Gay, Deng, Parsons, and a bunch of those type of players...yes. He seems to be recovering from that 2013 injury so I'd like to see what he's got for next season.

Gallo was statistically our best player on the 57 win team, and was our best player once again to finish the season. Sure he is not a guy you want as your unquestionably best player to win a championship, but he damn sure can by your number 2 guy. The only reason I would even consider trading him is his injury, which is the same reason teams would not offer much for him, so he is going to have to stay.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by The Rebel » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:36 pm

skywalker33 wrote:uld
nugzin2040 wrote:

I am of this mindset as well. Lawson is what he is, he's hit his ceiling and has become a very good PG, but I'd rather try for a SPECIAL PG. Wouldn't hurt to gain $12M in cap space and 6-7 years of youth either. And trading up to #4 for Mudiay or Russell couldn't make us any worse on defense as Lawson doesn't really standout in that area either.

We know at this stage we're not going to draw any FA's to DEN, so the draft is the best way to improve. We also have 4 #1's to build around Nurkic, Harris and perhaps Faried plus Mudiay or Russell if we were to make this trade.

I am far from sold on either Mudiay or Russel. Mudiay played in a league where Wilson Chandler and JR Smith put up huge stats, Mudiay struggled to get off the bench, had 1 great game and then was schooled by Marbury as old and worn out as he is. Russel is lacking in top level athleticism even for college players which is not a good sign for future greatness in the NBA.

Fact is most experts have said for the last year that there are no franchise changing talents in this draft, and even on Realgm where draft picks are overrated all to hell, the fact is in just about any draft it is dumb to give up a borderline all star type player to move from 7 to 4. In a draft like this I do not see it at all.

Fact is I heard a rumor the other day that the Nuggets may actually be looking at trading our pick in a package to get a young good talent.

Also I am far from sold on the whole idea that PG is some incredibly important position, sure having a great PG is nice, but the fact is Derick Fisher and Mario Chalmers both have several rings, Chris Paul has never really gotten close.
skywalker33

Post#34 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:29 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:uld
nugzin2040 wrote:

I am far from sold on either Mudiay or Russel. Mudiay played in a league where Wilson Chandler and JR Smith put up huge stats, Mudiay struggled to get off the bench, had 1 great game and then was schooled by Marbury as old and worn out as he is. Russel is lacking in top level athleticism even for college players which is not a good sign for future greatness in the NBA.

Fact is most experts have said for the last year that there are no franchise changing talents in this draft, and even on Realgm where draft picks are overrated all to hell, the fact is in just about any draft it is dumb to give up a borderline all star type player to move from 7 to 4. In a draft like this I do not see it at all.

Fact is I heard a rumor the other day that the Nuggets may actually be looking at trading our pick in a package to get a young good talent.

Also I am far from sold on the whole idea that PG is some incredibly important position, sure having a great PG is nice, but the fact is Derick Fisher and Mario Chalmers both have several rings, Chris Paul has never really gotten close.

Well. I do agree Mudiay's decision to play in the CBA was questionable when compared to the competition and teaching he could've gained from staying at SMA with Larry Brown. However I did hear he showed maturity and some talent before he got hurt.

We must be listening to different experts, while I haven't heard any experts say there is a LBJ type, it continues to be conveyed as top 4 heavy with Town, Okafor, Mudiay and Russell as the cream of this draft. However they turn out is not gonna be seen until the combines, most all drafts could be considered crapshoots.

And what good FO (even ours) shouldn't be prepared to trade their pick given the right offer. But if you've heard rumors, what good young talent has been mentioned ??? Sounds like it could also be talk show fodder to increase ratings....

As for Chris Paul, would LBJ, Dirk, Durant, Kobe or Duncan/Pop have any say about that ??? Parker seems like a HOFer, but I do see and have tpo concede your point about the point !!

skywalker33

Post#35 » by skywalker33 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:48 am

i am starting to believe Herzonja could be a huge asset, just not sure he'll be ready for the NBA next year, kind of like Nurkic, needs to grow into it. However that may work in our favor if the FO is patient enough. With his size he'll create some mismatches, can provide versatility and looks like he'll be there at 7.

josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Would you trade up in the draft ? 

Post#36 » by josh_nuggets » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:55 am

skywalker33 wrote:i am starting to believe Herzonja could be a huge asset, just not sure he'll be ready for the NBA next year, kind of like Nurkic, needs to grow into it. However that may work in our favor if the FO is patient enough. With his size he'll create some mismatches, can provide versatility and looks like he'll be there at 7.

hezonja reminds me a lot of terrence Ross, I still want porznigas with that 7th pick

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Denver Nuggets