ImageImageImage

Trade ideas ??

Moderator: THE J0KER

eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Re: Trade ideas ?? 

Post#321 » by eathb_au » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:46 am

One thing I hope doesn't happen is that we trade Faried just for the sake of trading him.

I'd like to see him under a coach that he actually wants to play for (I think Malone can be that guy). He hasn't really had that type of coach in Denver, except for Hunt, and he played quite well under Hunt.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#322 » by The Rebel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Mac1958 wrote:I'd blow this puppy up, probably keep Nurkic, and build through the draft with smart, athletic, versatile players.

It would be fun watching them grow rather than trying to patch something together.

I want high basketball IQ players more than I want super athletes, you need a few athletic guys but for years it seemed like the Nuggets were picking up athletes and hoping to make them better basketball players, and it just never seems to work out.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#323 » by The Rebel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:09 pm

eathb_au wrote:One thing I hope doesn't happen is that we trade Faried just for the sake of trading him.

I'd like to see him under a coach that he actually wants to play for (I think Malone can be that guy). He hasn't really had that type of coach in Denver, except for Hunt, and he played quite well under Hunt.

There are some media members that seem to hate faried, and they always use what Shaw was saying about him as the biggest slam, personally I still think Faried has room to grow, and he appeared to improve on defense by the end of last year. The last thing I want to see is the Nuggets dump him for some crappy deal, it is easy to see what kind of affect he has on games, and if he cannot bring back a difference maker in a trade, or a top 10 pick than I prefer to keep him as well.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Trade ideas ?? 

Post#324 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Den: #9 pick, Filler

Hornets: Faried, second rounder

Kemba
Batum
MKG
Faried
Jefferson

And the nuggets get a good mid lottery pick

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DunkingDude
Freshman
And1: 31

Post#325 » by DunkingDude » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:12 pm

i like the faried 2 hornets trade, their gm need 2 overpay a little bit because he will be gone if they miss the playoffs again :)
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#326 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Really don't see us trading Gallo unless we get a stout offer for him. He's finally healthy, is still young enough and does provide some stability, professionalism and leadership for out young core.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#327 » by psimanic1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nbju2tc
Something like this, with #2 and #6 going to DEN?
Logan18
Sophomore
And1: 23

Trade ideas ?? 

Post#328 » by Logan18 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:21 pm

The Rebel wrote:
eathb_au wrote:One thing I hope doesn't happen is that we trade Faried just for the sake of trading him.

There are some media members that seem to hate faried, and they always use what Shaw was saying about him as the biggest slam, personally I still think Faried has room to grow, and he appeared to improve on defense by the end of last year. The last thing I want to see is the Nuggets dump him for some crappy deal, it is easy to see what kind of affect he has on games, and if he cannot bring back a difference maker in a trade, or a top 10 pick than I prefer to keep him as well.
And let's not forget he was possibly the best player on the USA basketball team last year, players like Lebron and durant were missing but it was still an incredible performance for him. If Malone can get him to buy in he could be a great player for us.

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#329 » by skywalker33 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Rumors we have interest in 6'10" Eric Moreland of the Kings, anyone know anything about him ?
um.
Junior
And1: 78

Post#330 » by um. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:13 am

Here's an idea! Let's not trade anybody. I think we're solid and can definitely get back into the playoffs with the team we have now.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#331 » by blind prophet » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:18 am

skywalker33 wrote:Rumors we have interest in 6'10" Eric Moreland of the Kings, anyone know anything about him ?

He's a defensive guy. Athletic, rim protector potential, a little raw. I'd wait till you get to see him in summer league, as should the Kings, make sure it is fair to everyone.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#332 » by psimanic1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:37 am

um. wrote:Here's an idea! Let's not trade anybody. I think we're solid and can definitely get back into the playoffs with the team we have now.

Wou rather trade Ty and chandler for nice sg and backup pg, we need those two for playoffs.

Mudiay,backup pg
SG, Harris, Foye
Gallo, Barton
Faried, Lauvergne, Hickson
Nurkic, Jokic
we should be able to get there if we get someone like Ben McLemore and keep Nelson maybe or sign Nate back, i wouldnt mind him.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,259

Post#333 » by RRFB » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 am

As talented as Mudiay is, I hate the idea of just handing the starting job to a rookie. And even more so, I hate the idea of trading away our best player so we can hand the starting job to a rookie, especially at point guard.

Give Lawson a second chance with a new coach, assuming he still wants to be here. Let Mudiay watch and learn how to run a fast paced offense while battling with Harris for minutes at the two. If nothing else, Lawson should be able to increase his value by the trade deadline and Mudiay will have hopefully proven his ability to be a starter (just like Faried and Nurkic's strong play led to the Nene and Mozgov trades).

I think we have a good mix of talented young players and proven veterans. I'm excited to see what this group of guys can do with a real coach.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,116

Post#334 » by eathb_au » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 am

With the current roster, assu ming there are no changes I'm pretty sure we'll be running both PGs in the starting lineup similar to how PHoenix used Bledsoe-Dragic.

The good thing about Mudiay is that he's SG sized.
nayyyyyyyyo09
Junior
And1: 68

Trade ideas ?? 

Post#335 » by nayyyyyyyyo09 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Maybe you guys didn't see the video of Lawson smoking a hookah with his friends watching the draft. And when Mudiay was picked he said "told you, I'm going to Sacramento." He doesn't want to be there and even though a 2 pg lineup would be great, he wants out.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#336 » by The Rebel » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:30 pm

RRFB wrote:As talented as Mudiay is, I hate the idea of just handing the starting job to a rookie. And even more so, I hate the idea of trading away our best player so we can hand the starting job to a rookie, especially at point guard.

Give Lawson a second chance with a new coach, assuming he still wants to be here. Let Mudiay watch and learn how to run a fast paced offense while battling with Harris for minutes at the two. If nothing else, Lawson should be able to increase his value by the trade deadline and Mudiay will have hopefully proven his ability to be a starter (just like Faried and Nurkic's strong play led to the Nene and Mozgov trades).

I think we have a good mix of talented young players and proven veterans. I'm excited to see what this group of guys can do with a real coach.

I agree, I hate when teams start dumping starters to give a new draft pick the job without even stepping foot in an NBA game, if he is as talented as everybody thinks then he can go out and earn the job, if he cannot earn it than he should not be getting the job regardless of where he is picked.

I said yesterday that I am perfectly fine with bringing back the same team basically with minor changes and the draft pick, I still am. Let's see what we have under a real head coach, let the guys raise their value, and go from there. There is no hurry to dump players for crap trades just because they hated Shaw, hell I think by the end we all hated Shaw as well.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#337 » by The Rebel » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:34 pm

SlayOrNay wrote:Maybe you guys didn't see the video of Lawson smoking a hookah with his friends watching the draft. And when Mudiay was picked he said "told you, I'm going to Sacramento." He doesn't want to be there and even though a 2 pg lineup would be great, he wants out.

I saw the video and I did not get that he was celebrating going to Sacramento, more that he was just accepting that he was gone from the Nuggets, personally without that pick I do not see much that they can give us for Lawson, and really would rather see what he can do under a better coach.

If Malone can get control of a guy who has a problem with 4 of the 5 head coaches he has had, then I would think he should be able to repair things with Lawson and Faried both.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#338 » by TKF » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:19 pm

eathb_au wrote:With the current roster, assu ming there are no changes I'm pretty sure we'll be running both PGs in the starting lineup similar to how PHoenix used Bledsoe-Dragic.

The good thing about Mudiay is that he's SG sized.

you may have a point, but I think the problem is that lawson no longer wants to be here.
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#339 » by Powder Blue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm happy with Mudiay but I'm going to rant like an illogical fan for a minute....

All that damn "Shake-up the roster" & "Take a new direction" talk and we walk away from the draft with the same damn roster, the same way we walked away from the trade deadline. These guys just won't roll the dice on anything. Nor will they create the space for these young guards to play.

Maybe I'm spoiled because I was used to the big moves the Nuggets used to make. Martin, AI, Billups etc and now we refuse to do anything big. I guess most of our contracts are up next season so we "should" be forming a new squad a year from now but seeing how we do things maybe we'll just extend everyone and stay on the treadmill.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#340 » by MHZ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:59 pm

I think the issue is, at least to me, Ty Lawson has far bigger issues than we realized. Making that video is so unbelievably tone-deaf, it's frightening. Screams of somebody that literally has no control over the insanely dumb things he does. Honestly, I'm rooting for him to get his life together. It looks bad.

I don't think you can have him near your 19-year-old rookie PG. I just don't. His value is really low right now, but it's verging on necessary to get him off your roster. You're never going to hear the end of those rumors, either, and I hate the idea of starting things off that way with Mudiay. There's literally no chance he's a positive role model for Mudiay, from what I can see.

Still think Dallas is the darkhorse landing spot for him. They don't shy away from bad character guys, and will need to make a splash after teams around them add prized FAs, since I expect them to strike out. What are we getting from Sacramento at this point that holds value?

No reason to panic - there's always a few waves of deals. I fully expect teams to be willing to make a deal after the bigger FA chips start falling, and teams are trying to keep up. Sacramento has to figure out what they're doing, then maybe it makes some sense there.

I would like to see us bring back Jameer Nelson, if he's interested. Good veteran, shooting PG. You could play those two next to each other.

Multiple reports that we were close to a deal with Charlotte for #9, where we would have snagged Winslow. That would have been crazy.

Return to Denver Nuggets