ImageImageImage

Faried wants to become NBA DPOY

Moderator: THE J0KER

JerrySloan
Junior
And1: 54

Faried wants to become NBA DPOY 

Post#1 » by JerrySloan » Wed Aug 5, 2015 7:10 pm

According to Chris Dempsey's Denver Post article, Faried has been studying his likely matchup opponents so as to be able to defend them more successfully.

If he is truly concentrating on this aspect of his game in the off season, that is a real plus.

That said, however, even though I believe that he has the physical talent to vastly improve his D, the only way I see him significantly improving his - and the team's - defense is if Malone decides to have him defend SFs and Gallo or Chandler take the PFs.

No matter how Faried improves his technique, he simply does not have the size to defend the more talented big PFs such as LA and the offensively improved Griffin among others. On the other hand, if he concentrates on learning how to defend SFs, I do believe that he has the quickness and agility to defend them.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Faried wants to become NBA DPOY 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:07 pm

Well, until we see him apply himself in this area, I will wait for conjecture. Given his two previous head coaches, GK preached no defense and Shaw didn't do any motivating to speak of, so there is that. I would love to see him get into the DPOY running, definitely would change the look of this team. And while he may have size issues against some of the bigger PF's he will have a speed advantage vs most of those guys.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Re: Faried wants to become NBA DPOY 

Post#3 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Aug 5, 2015 8:58 pm

If he had that ,he'd be a better offensive dennis rodman or a top 10 player easily.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life

Return to Denver Nuggets