Nugget actual current salary situation

Moderator: THE J0KER

letsstartover
Ballboy
And1: 11

Nugget actual current salary situation 

Post#1 » by letsstartover » Mon Jul 4, 2016 5:53 pm

Per: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/cap/

Nuggets current salary, including Arthur's re-signing and rookie contracts, appears to be $72,958,587.

Per: [url]https://thafcc.wordpress.com/2016/07/04/the-nba-salary-cap-has-been-set-at-94-million-for-next-season/
[/url]

"The minimum team salary is 90 percent of the salary cap, and stands at approximately $85 million."

IF this is accurate, the Nuggets, somehow, MUST increase their team salary by about 12 million dollars.

The most likely way would seem to be some kind of trade in which they take back 12 million more in salaries than they send out.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nugget actual current salary situation 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jul 4, 2016 6:23 pm

The floor doesn't take effect until the end of the year, the Nuggets will have plenty of time to take care of this. At worst case, they can add any amt to get to the floor to the salaries of the current players. Adding another contract would just diminish from their future cap space.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Jul 4, 2016 6:30 pm

Plus they are not required to reach the cap floor. If they do not, then the $12m or however much they are short is divided up between the players on the squad. I say stay under the floor leaving future flexibility for all options and give the current players a bonus. If it's divided evenly, the lowest paid players will really be rewarded and the top talent will be pleased too.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#4 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 6:10 pm

I was looking over next years cap predictions and we should be in the top 5 teams with significant cap space next season, our only big-time FA will be Gallo and I'm guessing we just have to see how his season plays out.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 8, 2016 7:30 pm

It seems like most of the contenders, and many others, are maxing themselves out. That will make it harder to trade Faried, Gallinari, Chandler, Nelson for anything except other veterans. Which also means that our team is fairly set, regardless of what Connelly and Malone have said - unless Connelly has something up his sleeve, which now seems unlikely.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 8, 2016 7:58 pm

Since the OP was by a Bulls fan, was it a lead in to "Denver can trade for some of our salary"?
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Post#7 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Jul 8, 2016 10:44 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I was looking over next years cap predictions and we should be in the top 5 teams with significant cap space next season, our only big-time FA will be Gallo and I'm guessing we just have to see how his season plays out.

I really hope there are far fewer teams with cap space next summer so we can actually be a player. But it's going up 20 million again thus hurting our chances.

I read we could have cap space for two max guys. I wonder how many teams can make that claim while not gutting their teams?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Jul 8, 2016 11:20 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:I was looking over next years cap predictions and we should be in the top 5 teams with significant cap space next season, our only big-time FA will be Gallo and I'm guessing we just have to see how his season plays out.

I really hope there are far fewer teams with cap space next summer so we can actually be a player. But it's going up 20 million again thus hurting our chances.

I read we could have cap space for two max guys. I wonder how many teams can make that claim while not gutting their teams?

I thought they were forecasting a lower cap next year, maybe only $10-13 higher.
josh_nuggets
Junior
And1: 25

Post#9 » by josh_nuggets » Sat Jul 9, 2016 12:33 am

only going up 8 million, NBA sent out to teams the expected cap will be 102~

this was to limit some of the over spending

Return to Denver Nuggets