ImageImageImage

Nikola Jokic MVPx2, FMVP, and.. still counting!

Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Jokic's production 

Post#61 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:48 am

Jokic is averaging a double-double - love that

Ranking among centers - some pretty impressive stats and he's still improving
#7 mpg
#1 assists
#6 in scoring
#14 fg% - #7 fga
#4 3p% - #7 3pa
#4 ft% - #9 fta

Love the 3 pt shooting
would love to see more free throws - but that's going to come to scoring down low which would also improve his overall FG% too

#11 ORB
#9 DRB
#8 REB
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#62 » by HoopsMalone » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:52 am

Millsap offense fell way off in 2017 in Atlanta. It went undetected to most because everyone conveniently blamed everything on Dwight.

He's a premeire defender though. One of the best at the position.

But they should not be altering the Jokic centric offense for Millsap, like at all.

They aren't a great fit together. Not a bad one, because Jokic's game is versatile enough to play with virtually anyone. But their skillsets don't align perfectly. They should be one heck of a defensive pairing though. And this allows the Nuggets to have plenty of offensive production between Murray/Harris/Millsap when Jokic sits.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:31 am

HoopsMalone wrote:Millsap offense fell way off in 2017 in Atlanta. It went undetected to most because everyone conveniently blamed everything on Dwight.

He's a premeire defender though. One of the best at the position.

But they should not be altering the Jokic centric offense for Millsap, like at all.

They aren't a great fit together. Not a bad one, because Jokic's game is versatile enough to play with virtually anyone. But their skillsets don't align perfectly. They should be one heck of a defensive pairing though. And this allows the Nuggets to have plenty of offensive production between Murray/Harris/Millsap when Jokic sits.

Agreed. There is room for Millsap next to Jokic IF the other three players on the court are moving - constantly. I wish Malone would pull any wing or guard that is not constantly moving on offense. Not moving would indicate "I am tired and need a break". That's the offense that show cases Jokic. With the current roster, smalls could rotate Murray, D.Harris, G.Harris, Barton, Beasley, Chandler and maybe short stretches of Jefferson as well as even Lyles. That's at least 6, maybe 8 guys for 3 positions. They can hustle and the Nuggets' offense would draw fans and probably lead to many victories. Motion, motion, motion!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,583

Post#64 » by THE J0KER » Mon Apr 2, 2018 12:30 pm

After Gary Harris injury (March 16) Jokic producing 25-12-5 stats, before that his season numbers are 17-11-6.

So how on Earth he improved so much playing without his favorite teammate?

There is actually no improvement at all in Jokic game, but there is the only improvement in coach Malone head which finally realize who is his franchise player, so since Harris injury Nikola mpg rise from 31.5 to 37.5! If we translate 25-12-5 on 37.5mpg and 17-11-6 on 31.5mpg numbers on "per 48 minutes" stats, results are 31-15-6 and 26-16-9, which is very similar production values.

Personally, I don't think that 37-38mpg should be new normal for Nikola, but 34-35mpg for franchise player without injury issues should be standard (with 37+ minutes in tight and important games, around 30 in easy wins and blowout loses). There are about 30 players with 34+mpg this season in NBA, of course, that Jokic should be one of them. Nikola Jokic 31.5mpg before March 16 (Harris injury), and overall 27.9mpg average last season is a back to back pure crime against Denver playoff odds.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Apr 2, 2018 12:45 pm

As anyone noticed that "Slow" Jokic is often the second or third Nugget on fast-breaks? He often beats opponents down court. Speed isn't all about quickness.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,202

Post#66 » by Mickey8 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 1:20 pm

This is still not Jokic offense, the team is struggling a lot , his assists are down, off ball movement is horrible, he's just scoring more , there is no doubt in my mind that he could be one of the top scorer's in the league, but the Denver is at its best when Jokic scoring and facilitating.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,266

Post#67 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 3:23 pm

Mickey8 wrote:This is still not Jokic offense, the team is struggling a lot , his assists are down, off ball movement is horrible, he's just scoring more , there is no doubt in my mind that he could be one of the top scorer's in the league, but the Denver is at its best when Jokic scoring and facilitating.

EVERBODY wrote:As much as I love Jokic, your hero worship and constant blame of everyone else wears thin.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#68 » by Mickey8 » Mon Apr 2, 2018 11:11 pm

I blame you !!!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,842

Post#69 » by TunaFish » Tue Apr 3, 2018 2:41 am

I think that Jokic has been playing very well right now. And for a while too. He is the real deal.

You can always overlook his age given how veteran he seems (and how well he has played) but he has plenty of room to grow upstairs.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#70 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 7:00 am

Mickey8 wrote:I blame you !!!

Why not, you blame everyone else NOT named Jokic :roll:

On a more serious note, Mickey8. which NBA players do you think are better than Jokic ??

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Mickey8 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:41 pm

Your sarcasm is not working with me :wink:
skywalker33

Post#72 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 2:31 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Your sarcasm is not working with me :wink:

Well, I was asking with sincerity on your rankings of current NBA players, love to see where you put Jokic's talent level compared to other NBA players

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#73 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:54 am

Would it be outrageous for the Nuggets to pickup the team option for next year and then plan to sign him for the max the following summer?
Obviously things change but if he were an unrestricted free agent this year which teams would offer him the max?

Chicago maybe? (If they don't win the lottery)
Who else?
skywalker33

Post#74 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 2:17 am

DoItALL9 wrote:Would it be outrageous for the Nuggets to pickup the team option for next year and then plan to sign him for the max the following summer?
Obviously things change but if he were a unrestricted free agent this year which teams would give him the max?

Who else?

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

What team would the be STUPID enough to do that and risk all ???? KSE is cheap, not stupid !!

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: Jokic's production 

Post#75 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 3:10 am

skywalker33 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:Would it be outrageous for the Nuggets to pickup the team option for next year and then plan to sign him for the max the following summer?
Obviously things change but if he were a unrestricted free agent this year which teams would give him the max?

Who else?

What team would the be STUPID enough to do that and risk all ???? KSE is cheap, not stupid !!
I understand why you'd say that but who could you realistically lose him to around the league ... If he were unrestricted this summer?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Apr 6, 2018 3:10 am

Obviously things change but if he were an unrestricted free agent this year which teams would offer him the max?

Who else?

If Jokic wants to be an UFA, the Nuggets must do everything possible to change his mind. Ownership wants seats in the seats and that's what Jokic brings.
skywalker33

Post#77 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 3:22 am

DoItALL9 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Who else?

I understand why you'd say that but who could you realistically lose him to around the league ... If he were unrestricted this summer?

It only take ONE trade to get cap space, who knows what could happen and why risk it...sounds like YOU think it's a good idea, let me tell you it's NOT. Then there's the insult factor to Jokic, why create ANY bad feeling by making him wait. Stop with this STUPID line of thought, you're being foolish !

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Re: Is the world out pacing the USA in basketball. 

Post#78 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 3:26 am

skywalker33 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

It only take ONE trade to get cap space, who knows what could happen and why risk it...sounds like YOU think it's a good idea, let me tell you it's NOT. Then there's the insult factor to Jokic, why create ANY bad feeling by making him wait. Stop with this STUPID line of thought, you're being foolish !
Denver should use the flexibility with his consent to try to make moves before completely tying up all of their cap space with his deal. It's not unprecedented. Detroit did it with Andre Drummond.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Is the world out pacing the USA in basketball. 

Post#79 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Apr 6, 2018 4:48 am

DoItALL9 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:I understand why you'd say that but who could you realistically lose him to around the league ... If he were unrestricted this summer?

Denver should use the flexibility with his consent to try to make moves before completely tying up all of their cap space with his deal. It's not unprecedented. Detroit did it with Andre Drummond.

Thanks for the advice but our front office is not big on gambling and most of us here would agree that's a big gamble. No thanks! We've talked about it before.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,890

Post#80 » by Richard Miller » Fri Apr 6, 2018 7:48 am

DoItALL9 wrote:I understand why you'd say that but who could you realistically lose him to around the league ... If he were unrestricted this summer?

Well, if the FO is that stupid, there are 29 teams that would love to sign him.

Return to Denver Nuggets