What gives? Thoughts?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,278

Re: What's Wrong With The Nuggets? 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:48 pm

Nothing
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,349

Post#3 » by The Rebel » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:09 am

They had 5 games up on 2nd place, time to experiment with the bench and let the starters figure out a couple of things as well. I have a feeling we will be just fine come the playoffs.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:52 pm

csh 19792001 wrote:What's Wrong With The Nuggets?
They're collapsing like a dying star.
What gives? Thoughts?

Fascinating question --- Why do fans not understand that a team being in first place and winning every single game is not what is most important. When a team expects to contend for a championship, they need to experiment with rotations and give their bench some experience. They also need to figure out how to become efficient using various offensive and defensive options.

Just for fun, when is the last time the Nuggets were in first place in the west with 10 games remaining?
They currently have a solid home record and are just over 50% on the road. When was the last time that happened?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,278

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:09 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
What gives? Thoughts?

Fascinating question --- Why do fans not understand that a team being in first place and winning every single game is not what is most important. When a team expects to contend for a championship, they need to experiment with rotations and give their bench some experience. They also need to figure out how to become efficient using various offensive and defensive options.

Just for fun, when is the last time the Nuggets were in first place in the west with 10 games remaining?
They currently have a solid home record and are just over 50% on the road. When was the last time that happened?

Nice to see you again, Ole Man. Time to bring some life back to this forum
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,881

Post#6 » by TunaFish » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
What gives? Thoughts?

Nice to see you again, Ole Man. Time to bring some life back to this forum

Amen to those statements. The bench issues are glaring and Malone is trying to find the right combination. It appears the main problem is lack of scoring.

We are watching the best starting unit in the history of Nugget's basketball but the bench will have to be overcome through a likely 8 man rotation.

Enjoy the ride!
Canned in Denver.
Maf
Starter
And1: 876

Post#7 » by Maf » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:04 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
What gives? Thoughts?

So good to "see" you again! :wave: Hope you are fine and enjoying this season.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 pm

Maf wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
What gives? Thoughts?

So good to "see" you again! :wave: Hope you are fine and enjoying this season.

Thanks. I have watch very little basketball, but I'm starting to. I seldom can stay awake for evening games but I do have a DVR. In the past I would watch 4 or 5 games I day. I'm doing about that many a week right now. But getting better.

Return to Denver Nuggets