ImageImageImage

Denver Nuggets 2023-24: regular season of defending champions

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Re: Denver Nuggets 2023-24: regular season of defending champions 

Post#41 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:52 pm

Manolito wrote:I don't care the final seed from 1 to 3 as long as we face Pelicans in first round. I do not want to see LAL or PHX in first round at all, where they still have fresh legs. DAL and LAC would be also much more complicated than Pelicans

I can see us beating OKC or MIN in a potential Game 7 on the road, and Boston is out of the race, so these last games should be used to rest starters and track Pelicans' position.

I see your point but I am not afraid of the LAL team at all, we've beaten them last 8 games in a row.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,535

Post#42 » by THE J0KER » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:28 pm

Schedule until end of regular season for WC #1 seed contenders:

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#43 » by THE J0KER » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:07 am

2 games left, and Denver is now in full control of the #1 seed. Despite both games being on the road, both opponents are WC bottom-3 teams.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#44 » by THE J0KER » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:23 pm

In the last second of the previous game vs Spurs underdogs, the Nuggets dropped from #1 to #3 seed. Current WC standings and seeds:

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#45 » by THE J0KER » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:34 pm

All Western Conference Playoff Scenarios Entering Final Day Of Regular Season
APR 13, 2024 8:46 AM

Here are all of the playoff seed scenarios for the Western Conference entering the final day of the regular season.

• Oklahoma City Thunder: No. 1 seed with win over Mavericks combined with win by Nuggets, or win combined with loss by Wolves, or loss by Thunder combined with losses by Nuggets and Wolves. No. 2 seed with win over Mavericks combined with loss by Nuggets and win by Wolves, or loss combined with win by Nuggets and loss by Wolves. No. 3 seed with loss combined with wins by Wolves and Nuggets.

• Minnesota Timberwolves: No. 1 seed with win over Suns combined with loss by Nuggets, or win over Suns combined with loss by Thunder. No. 2 seed with win over Suns combined with wins by Thunder and Nuggets, or loss combined with either loss by Nuggets or Thunder. No. 3 seed with loss combined with wins by Nuggets and Thunder.

• Denver Nuggets: No. 1 seed with win over Grizzlies combined with losses by Thunder and Wolves. No. 2 seed with win combined with loss by Thunder or Wolves. No. 3 seed with any result combined with wins by Thunder and Wolves.

• Los Angeles Clippers: Clinched No. 4 seed

• Dallas Mavericks: Clinched No. 5 seed

• New Orleans Pelicans: No. 6 seed with win over Lakers, or loss combined with loss by Suns to Wolves. No. 7 seed with loss combined with win by Suns.

• Phoenix Suns: No. 6 seed with win over Wolves combined with loss by Pelicans to Lakers. No. 7 seed with loss or win by Pelicans.

• Los Angeles Lakers: No. 8 seed with win over Pelicans, or a loss combined with losses by Kings and Warriors. No. 9 seed with loss combined with loss by Kings and Warriors win, or loss combined with loss by Warriors and win by Kings. No. 10 seed with loss combined with wins by Warriors and Kings.

• Sacramento Kings: No. 8 seed with win over Blazers combined with loss by Lakers. No. 9 seed with win over Blazers combined with win by Lakers, or loss combined with loss by Warriors. No. 10 seed with loss to Blazers combined with win by Warriors.

• Golden State Warriors: No. 8 seed with win over Jazz combined with losses by Kings and Lakers. No. 9 seed with win combined with loss by Kings, or win combined with loss by Lakers. No. 10 seed with loss, or with win combined with win by Kings.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#46 » by TunaFish » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:03 am

The Nuggets finished the regular season tied for the most wins in franchise history.

Not too bad!
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#47 » by THE J0KER » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:24 pm

TunaFish wrote:The Nuggets finished the regular season tied for the most wins in franchise history.

Not too bad!

But still, there is a bitter taste because of that rotten final quarter vs Spurs where we wasted a +17 lead that cost us the WC#1 seed which Denver reached only once in franchise history (last year), so we will face in the 1st round 2020 champions and 2024 WC finalists LBJ-AD Lakers instead Zion-less Pells (and no HCA in eventual WC final vs OKC).
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

Post#48 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:52 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
TunaFish wrote:The Nuggets finished the regular season tied for the most wins in franchise history.

Not too bad!

But still, there is a bitter taste because of that rotten final quarter vs Spurs where we wasted a +17 lead that cost us the WC#1 seed which Denver reached only once in franchise history (last year), so we will face in the 1st round 2020 champions and 2024 WC finalists LBJ-AD Lakers instead Zion-less Pells (and no HCA in eventual WC final vs OKC).

Kinda agree here, it would have been a really nice accolade to have that 1 more win to reach our franchise record, as well as the #1 seed, but at that point in the season I was just ready to get on with the playoffs. As for playing the 2020 Champions (refs/Silver made that one happen IMO, shoulda been our 1st right there) and 2024 WC finalist (they had an easy path and validated that by getting swept), should be a more formidible task, but only injuries can take us off the path to the 2nd round.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets