ImageImageImage

Game 10 : Denver Nuggets (8-1) @ Houston Rockets (5-3)

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,583

Game 10 : Denver Nuggets (8-1) @ Houston Rockets (5-3) 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:38 pm

It's an away game, without Murray, and the young Houston team overperforming 5-3 this season so far, so maybe this is not going to be as easy a challenge for Denver as it seems on first thought.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,583

Re: Game 10 : Denver Nuggets (8-1) @ Houston Rockets (5-3) 

Post#2 » by THE J0KER » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:48 am

Jokic 36-21-11 with +12 in the +/- column, but the bench (outscored 8-31 by HOU bench) managed to have -15 in +/- in just 10 minutes with Jokic out of the floor. Our youngsters have a nice start this season but you can't expect constancy from the youngsters, so we need at least one useful veteran on the bench. Look, "our" Jeff Green at 37 scored today 15p, double more than our whole bench. The front office before the trade deadline needs to do their homework missed during the offseason. One single useful veteran (literally no matter which position).
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,266

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:56 am

THE J0KER wrote:Jokic 36-21-11 with +12 in the +/- column, but the bench (outscored 8-31 by HOU bench) managed to have -15 in +/- in just 10 minutes with Jokic out of the floor. Our youngsters have a nice start this season but you can't expect constancy from the youngsters, so we need at least one useful veteran on the bench. Look, "our" Jeff Green at 37 scored today 15p, double more than our whole bench. The front office before the trade deadline needs to do their homework missed during the offseason. One single useful veteran (literally no matter which position).

Bench only scored 8pts, a pathetic effort even for youngsters.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Manolito
Senior
And1: 394

Post#4 » by Manolito » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:29 pm

This are growing pains from developing young players. In normal conditions Reggie should lead bench unit, but I think one more veteran with playmaking duties would be needed, in case of starter injury as well.

Braun has no playmaking abilities. Strawther has some flashes but is still too raw, Watson has almost no offense and Nnaji...he is not a Center.

Some player who could create for others would be huge, hopefully some gets cut after deadline. The main candidates are both playing at our lovely Pistons, Monte Morris & Alec Burks. I would also have a look to Drummond for the 10 non Jokic minutes, and place Nnaji as PF.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,266

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:39 pm

Manolito wrote:This are growing pains from developing young players. In normal conditions Reggie should lead bench unit, but I think one more veteran with playmaking duties would be needed, in case of starter injury as well.

Braun has no playmaking abilities. Strawther has some flashes but is still too raw, Watson has almost no offense and Nnaji...he is not a Center.

Some player who could create for others would be huge, hopefully some gets cut after deadline. The main candidates are both playing at our lovely Pistons, Monte Morris & Alec Burks. I would also have a look to Drummond for the 10 non Jokic minutes, and place Nnaji as PF.

Agreed, it's unfortunate but we couldn't expect to win them all
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Denver Nuggets