ImageImageImage

Game 15 : Denver Nuggets (10-4) @ Orlando Magic (9-5)

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,550

Game 15 : Denver Nuggets (10-4) @ Orlando Magic (9-5) 

Post#1 » by THE J0KER » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:54 pm

Orlando is so far the biggest positive surprise with a 9-5 winning record, and the Nuggets are insecure on the road. But still, Denver is the bold favorite to win this.
Sarevok
Ballboy
And1: 10

Re: Game 15 : Denver Nuggets (10-4) @ Orlando Magic (9-5) 

Post#2 » by Sarevok » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:50 am

Nuggets are not bold favorites against anyone on the road when they are missing Murray.
Team is very weak on guard positions. It will not end up well if they don't do something about it. They didn't find adequate replacement for Bruce Brown and that's visible in many games.
I will repeat again: Denver needs Alex Caruso and that would solve all these issues.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#3 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:55 am

This should be one of our best away wins this season but that 0-8 run close to the end comes from nowhere and our defense collapsed in 4th quarter in general (Orlando scored 42 points, way too much). In the past, I would blame Malone for the *bizarre* last action he called on the last timeout (15 seconds left we were not going to three at -3 but on 2pt layup 5 seconds left) but now I blame Jokic too when he execute something which is against basic basketball logic. -1 at 5 seconds left with no timeouts left and the ball for the opponent is 90%+ loss, so Jokic should ignore instructions and organize 3pt action to try to put the game on OT, especially in the game where our starters are 12-26 great for threes!
Sarevok
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#4 » by Sarevok » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:06 am

I am not sure Malone called that action. Seemed to me like Jokic's improvisation (maybe he didn't know there is no TOs left).
I blame Malone for spending all timeouts, and I blame Jokic going for 2 points 5 on seconds left.
But it is easy to blame others :D
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#5 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:40 am

Sarevok wrote:Nuggets are not bold favorites against anyone on the road when they are missing Murray.
Team is very weak on guard positions. It will not end up well if they don't do something about it. They didn't find adequate replacement for Bruce Brown and that's visible in many games.
I will repeat again: Denver needs Alex Caruso and that would solve all these issues.

"Bold" is maybe too bold a statement, but defending champions Nuggets are still clear favorites today (look at OP money line for example).

When all starters are healthy our bench is not that bad because Reggie is part of the bench with proven Braun, but we need another useful veteran for sure.

While a good defensman Caruso would be 2nd unit very good addition indeed, we have limited abilities to get a player with a $10M salary especially because it would include Nnaji and DAJ so we need to get an extra big man too. For example:

Caruso and Drummond
for
Nnaji, DAJ, Cancar, Holiday, Pickett, 2x2nd
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,267

Post#6 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:34 am

I wish someone would tell me why they paid Nnaji. This guy sucks man. He's getting every opportunity to perform and he just refuses to step up. What is going to happen when Jokic sits a game for rest? Schedule loss?
"Kill 'em with Grindness."

Return to Denver Nuggets