Moderator: THE J0KER

BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,934

Re: 2024 Trade Deadline + Buyout 

Post#41 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:11 pm

TunaFish wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:BREAKING NEWS! The Nuggets make a franchise changing move, send Ismael Kamagate to the Clippers for some guy named Cash. I don't know exactly how this Cash guy will help the team, but Ismael Kamagate will be missed.

In seriousness, kind of an odd move but I am assuming Kamagate is struggling this year in Italy as he was loaned from the team he just signed with to another. I don't have more incite, but it looks like the Nuggets future youth at backup center will continue to be DeAndre Jordan.

Now, if only they could trade that guy named Cash to the Nets for the draft rights of Nikola Milutinov. Give him rookie deal next season and we would be set at backup 5.

Denver gave up on Kamagate. Why have the Nets not tried to bring over Milutinov? Who can say (money maybe), but decent backup centers seem to be hard to find.

Milutinov was on a multiyear contract for like 5 mil per year playing in Russia. Since Russian teams are banned from Euro competition he was forgotten a little bit. Last year I think he signed for 1 year (Olympiacos Greece) for around 1.5-2 mil which is on the level of rookie contract. He is 29 so I don't think a lot of teams would be interested, but for us on rookie deal, playing 12-15 minutes behind Jokic, working with Ogi Stojakovic, I think he would be ideal solution for next season.

Return to Denver Nuggets