Post#21 » by psimanic1 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:17 am

maybe trying Zeke + x for Gallo?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: 2024 Trade Deadline + Buyout 

Post#22 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:07 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I get the feeling we won't be making any moves this year, we don't really need a starter, and the bench, while young, is making strides. If we get a really strong offer for one of our young guys (not named Watson), I can see a slight possibility but not likely IMO

Totally agree, but Gallinari being added intrigues me. Just not sure that deal could be made.
psimanic1 wrote:maybe trying Zeke + x for Gallo?

I still have hope for Zeke becoming a major contributor -- trading for Gallinari is a win-now move, so I'm not a big fan of that. Our starters are great but I'll agree that our bench is less than great. Gallinari would fit nicely alongside Joker in my opinion -- even better, he could be a go-to guy when Joker is resting.

So I wouldn't hate this idea at all -- depending on the "x" in the trade.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,522

Post#23 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:13 pm

A very good trade deadline for Denver because nobody takes Miles Bridges the only potential "game changer" today.

We didn't take anyone, but it was obvious that this season's buyout will be more interesting for the Nuggets than trades. Our bench needs one trustful veteran for sure.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#24 » by DaFan334 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:02 pm

BREAKING NEWS! The Nuggets make a franchise changing move, send Ismael Kamagate to the Clippers for some guy named Cash. I don't know exactly how this Cash guy will help the team, but Ismael Kamagate will be missed.

In seriousness, kind of an odd move but I am assuming Kamagate is struggling this year in Italy as he was loaned from the team he just signed with to another. I don't have more incite, but it looks like the Nuggets future youth at backup center will continue to be DeAndre Jordan.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#25 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:13 pm

Gotta add I was a little miffed about the Karmagate trade. At the least they should’ve gotten a draft pick for Ismael, not like KSE needs the cash and it doesn’t even assist with the Salary Cap. Now we have no real idea about Karmagate’s development process but to not even get the means to replace him seems like an act of futility
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#26 » by DaFan334 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:58 am

skywalker33 wrote:Gotta add I was a little miffed about the Karmagate trade. At the least they should’ve gotten a draft pick for Ismael, not like KSE needs the cash and it doesn’t even assist with the Salary Cap. Now we have no real idea about Karmagate’s development process but to not even get the means to replace him seems like an act of futility

I'm honestly amazed they got cash for him. They clearly gave up on him, he probably won't play in the league but still got something out of him and the cash might be more useful than a pick as they can use the cash to buy a pick in an upcoming draft without being locked in to a certain spot.

On a side note, I wonder if playing Holiday last night was to see if he can contribute in the playoffs or if they will look to replace him in the buyout market, with a guy like Dolan Wright.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 910

Post#27 » by Pokuokic » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:50 pm

Nuggets should try get both Gallo and House JR for scoring punch off the bench. a bench unit of
C: Jordan
PF: Gallo
SF: House/Watson.Braun
SG: Watson/Braun/House
PG: Jackson

Is a huge upgrade and will actually be able to score the ball every now and than.
skywalker33

Post#28 » by skywalker33 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:33 am

Pokuokic wrote:Nuggets should try get both Gallo and House JR for scoring punch off the bench. a bench unit of
C: Jordan
PF: Gallo
SF: House/Watson.Braun
SG: Watson/Braun/House
PG: Jackson

Is a huge upgrade and will actually be able to score the ball every now and than.

Dude, House is scoring just 4ppg and shooting 30% from 3, no way he come off the bench before Braun or Watson. Gallo, I'd consider if we had a spot for him but still, just go away with these fabricated ideas, were good.

Manolito
Senior
And1: 392

Post#29 » by Manolito » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:39 am

I would consider Thad Young or Gallo as backup C instead of Cancar. Gallo could help going to the line, which is an eternal Nuggets' weakness

We know Gordon will be backup C in Play Off, but we should have another plan in case of an injury. Neither DAJ nor Nnaji should have any playing time in Play Off
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,934

Post#30 » by BelgradeNugget » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:01 am

Some numbers to compare our bench from last year and this year.

1. Christian Braun. People tend to overrate his contributions from last year, because of 15 pts game in the finals, but the truth about his play last year is a little bit different. The fact is it was his only double digit scoring game in the playoffs. In the WCF he played in 3 games 20 minutes total and scored 0 pts. People maybe expected too much from him (to be this years Bruce B) but the fact is he improved a lot. Here are his per/36 min numbers from this season, last year POs and last year RS

2023-24 RS 13.4/6.6/2.7, 45%/37%/74%
2022-23 PO 8.9/5.7/1.6, 53%/20%/58%
2022-23 RS 11.0/5.8/1.8, 50%/35%/63%

these numbers are after his "sophomore slump" he had in the last 18 games. Before that he averaged (per 36)

15.1/6.6/3.2, 47%/40%/75%

in the first 36 games of the season. That is pretty good improvement from year 1 to 2. His energy level in games is coming back to last year so he is much better now and OK for 7/8 bench player in the playoffs.

2. Reggie Jackson. For some reason people underrate his contributions, but he is providing us exactly what Bruce B gave us last year. Reggie is a better playmaker, creating for himself and others, Bruce was better defender. Box-score numbers are similar. Just a little reminder - Reggie won us 3 games this season without Jokic and Murray. Detroit, Chicago and Clippers. Bruce couldn't do that nor could out legend Monte Morris. Without those 3 wins we would be 4 games behind Timberwolves. He is also a proven POs contributor and a very good 6th man

3. Payton Watson is more than OK for 7/8 bench player, one of the better perimeter defenders in the league, improving on O. We didn't have such player last year.

4. Justin Holiday - when he plays he is doing ok in his role (catch and shoot, defend).

Now this advanced numbers show how our bench is doing compared to last year

2023-24 Net RTG
Justin Holiday 4.1
Reggie Jackson 0.2
Peyton Watson 0.1
Christian Braun - 4.2
DeAndre Jordan -8.9
Zeke Nnaji

2022-23
Bruce Brown 0.8
Christian Braun - 4.3
Jeff Green -8.0

It looked like replacing Jeff Green will be easiest thing to do because he was bad last season. Just a reminder, he averaged 1.1 reb per 36 minutes in the finals???

Now after a disaster of a season Nnaji is having I think we must explore other options for backup bigs, players that are stronger than Peyton Watson for backup 4/5 minutes. AG will play a lot of backup 5 but we need some additional help down low. We missed on Xavier Tillman and Bismack Biyombo, Thad Young can be an option. And we should give minutes to Jay Huff and Braxton Key because Nnaji/DJ combo is not a solution.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 2,934

Post#31 » by BelgradeNugget » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:46 am

DaFan334 wrote:BREAKING NEWS! The Nuggets make a franchise changing move, send Ismael Kamagate to the Clippers for some guy named Cash. I don't know exactly how this Cash guy will help the team, but Ismael Kamagate will be missed.

In seriousness, kind of an odd move but I am assuming Kamagate is struggling this year in Italy as he was loaned from the team he just signed with to another. I don't have more incite, but it looks like the Nuggets future youth at backup center will continue to be DeAndre Jordan.

Now, if only they could trade that guy named Cash to the Nets for the draft rights of Nikola Milutinov. Give him rookie deal next season and we would be set at backup 5.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#32 » by TunaFish » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:49 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:BREAKING NEWS! The Nuggets make a franchise changing move, send Ismael Kamagate to the Clippers for some guy named Cash. I don't know exactly how this Cash guy will help the team, but Ismael Kamagate will be missed.

Now, if only they could trade that guy named Cash to the Nets for the draft rights of Nikola Milutinov. Give him rookie deal next season and we would be set at backup 5.

Denver gave up on Kamagate. Why have the Nets not tried to bring over Milutinov? Who can say (money maybe), but decent backup centers seem to be hard to find.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#33 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:18 pm

Really doesn't look like we'll make a move in the buyout market this year, not surprising given our lack of cap space. Can't say we couldn't use another big off the bench, was hoping for Gallo but he signed with a different contender. So, we'll continue to try and build our young bench but there is a lack of consistency.....only 27 games left and we could really use some health consistency in our starting backcount. This All-Star will be beneficial for Murray and the rest , sans Joker. Perhaps we'll get healthy for the playoffs,

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#34 » by THE J0KER » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:45 pm

Otto Porter Jr is available. He barely played this and the previous season, but based on his previous career (3p%40%, decent defense), if we don't have some other target I would bet on him.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#35 » by THE J0KER » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:49 pm

Aleksej Pokusevski is free too. Potential is obvious but red flags because of injuries is there too.
skywalker33

Post#36 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:20 pm

Pokuokic wrote:Trade for Poku

Poku was waived...he has/had no trade value, OKC finally realized it, me and the Nuggets KNEW it, LOL

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#37 » by THE J0KER » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:22 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:Trade for Poku

Poku was waived...he has/had no trade value, OKC finally realized it, me and the Nuggets KNEW it, LOL

OKC's case is very unique in today's NBA because they already have plenty of young talents and many 1st round picks in upcoming drafts so they have zero patience for developing youngsters which once or twice wastes opportunity, or is not their priority (2 times EuroLeague MVP Vasilije Micic literally not get any fair chance there so he is gone cheaply).

The good thing about Pokusevski is that he can cover all spots from PG to fake center, so he can be used from the bench in different roles depending on opponents, our injuries, and the 2nd unit rotation he plays at a particular moment.
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 910

Post#38 » by Pokuokic » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:23 am

Yeah Poku makes a lot of sense free gamble just cut Jay Huff, Jokic can mentor him and Malone has been very good at working with players from the Balkans he got the best out of Sasha Pavlovic (Cleveland and Pavlovic said on a podcast how good Malone was for him) who was a wildly inconsistent player.
skywalker33

Post#39 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:38 pm

Poku's lack of shoot is the biggest concern, shooting right at 25% from the field is NOT NBA-worthy. He'll probably go back to Europe and average 20ppg

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#40 » by THE J0KER » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:46 am

skywalker33 wrote:Poku's lack of shoot is the biggest concern, shooting right at 25% from the field is NOT NBA-worthy. He'll probably go back to Europe and average 20ppg

He has only 16 FG attempts this season, so it is a useless stat. Last season he had 43% FG% which is not good but 37%3p%. Poku's most advanced role in Denver's case will be his good rebounding, a skill that our 2nd unit desperately needs when Joker and MPJ are on the bench.

Return to Denver Nuggets