ImageImageImage

So is Jamal Murray....

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,256

So is Jamal Murray.... 

Post#1 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:00 am

Hate to ask, but do we consider Jamal injury-prone ? He played 65 games last year in the title run (he was healthy throughout the playoffs) but he's already missed 15 games this season and going to miss the POR game, right after getting a break during the All Star game. Thoughts ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Re: So is Jamal Murray.... 

Post#2 » by TunaFish » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 am

skywalker33 wrote:Hate to ask, but do we consider Jamal injury-prone ? He played 65 games last year in the title run (he was healthy throughout the playoffs) but he's already missed 15 games this season and going to miss the POR game, right after getting a break during the All Star game. Thoughts ?

I think concerning is the correct answer. Maybe a rest day for him on a back to back is needed.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:48 pm

MAybe it's just in the way he plays, but out again with a twisted ankle sprain

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,522

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:00 am

skywalker33 wrote:MAybe it's just in the way he plays, but out again with a twisted ankle sprain

Don't forget he was once dubbed "Iron" after missing only one single game after the career first 200 scheduled NBA games.

Also in all 3 playoffs he played for Denver so far, which were 14+19+20 games long (Carmelo in 7xPO's with Denver played 9 PO games less than Murray in just 3xPO) he didn't miss any single game averaging 39mpg (which is 40+ mpg if you ignore few blowout wins and loses)!

So, when Jamal is ready, he is a man of steel, so let's hope he is going to be 100% ready for the 2024 playoff again!
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:43 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:MAybe it's just in the way he plays, but out again with a twisted ankle sprain

Don't forget he was once dubbed "Iron" after missing only one single game after the career first 200 scheduled NBA games.

Also in all 3 playoffs he played for Denver so far, which were 14+19+20 games long (Carmelo in 7xPO's with Denver played 9 PO games less than Murray in just 3xPO) he didn't miss any single game averaging 39mpg (which is 40+ mpg if you ignore few blowout wins and loses)!

So, when Jamal is ready, he is a man of steel, so let's hope he is going to be 100% ready for the 2024 playoff again!

Well, over the last 5 years (out of 8yrs) he's averaged only 58% of RS games, that's the real issue. His "Iron Man" monicker came in in the first two years, doesn't really hold up anymore given that 58%. And I never discredit his talent level, especially during the playoffs. Both he and Joker are some of the few players who elevated their games when in the playoffs.

skywalker33

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:26 am

Guess my question was fair to ask, seems my point is under further review.

skywalker33

Post#7 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:05 pm

Seems pretty obvious this team isn't the same without Jamal, it just doesn't function as well with no Jamal in the lineup. Looking at the current roster, we're gonna need a spark plug who can score at will as Murray now seems like a part-time player, only two that might fit are Jalen Pickett and Julian Strawther. We could also look to find that guy in the draft, but we'd most likely have to move up to get any type of realistic player IMO. There's also just a trade market but who would you want ?

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#8 » by TunaFish » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:44 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Seems pretty obvious this team isn't the same without Jamal, it just doesn't function as well with no Jamal in the lineup. Looking at the current roster, we're gonna need a spark plug who can score at will as Murray now seems like a part-time player, only two that might fit are Jalen Pickett and Julian Strawther. We could also look to find that guy in the draft, but we'd most likely have to move up to get any type of realistic player IMO. There's also just a trade market but who would you want ?

That's a tough question because it is not easy to find a top flight scoring point guard. Jackson is holding his own but age is creeping up and you are right that the Nuggets will need a quality backup.

Pickett looks slow to me and Strawther too raw. Strawther has a lot of upside because of his shooting while Pickett looks barely acceptable.

I would not put it past the Nuggets to look for a solution using Jackson's or Holiday's salary slot in the future.

One big problem for the Nuggets is going to be how to stay out of the 2nd apron if KCP is tempted to leave at the end of the season.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets