Denver @ Phoenix

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#141 » by The Rebel » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:27 pm

elbowthrower wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sure it was a long time ago, but it was in response to the argument that Karl has never "developed" young players. (As if that's necessarily his job, btw).

I'm going to start an offshoot thread on this.

Kemp is borderline whether Karl actually helped him or not, I will give you Payton, so 2 players in how many years of coaching?

AS for what a coaches job was, I thought it was getting the most out of his team and players to ensure the teams success, would not helping young players learn to use and maximize their potential be considered in that framework?
pickaxe
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#142 » by pickaxe » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:04 pm

The Rebel wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kemp is borderline whether Karl actually helped him or not, I will give you Payton, so 2 players in how many years of coaching?

AS for what a coaches job was, I thought it was getting the most out of his team and players to ensure the teams success, would not helping young players learn to use and maximize their potential be considered in that framework?

No matter what the definition of "coach" is, the championship teams don't get by without a coach to put them in situations where they can grow. They're not going to put themselves in those positions - although they can easily take themselves out.
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
And1: 0
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#143 » by djtruebeliever » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:16 am

at least Kleiza seems to finally be getting consistent minutes pretty much the entire season. he got sporadic minutes at best last season, even with a couple of insanely good 30ptsish games.
I'm in Kokokiko!

Return to Denver Nuggets