Mark Reynolds > ALL..not so much anymore

Moderator: TyCobb

Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#21 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:13 pm

SmallTownJournalist303 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

...he's hitting .311...
You see a guy who is dumb when it comes to the basics, I see a guy with a .397 OBP% who, when healthy, can make a case for himself as the third best third baseman in the NL at this point in the season; whatever he's doing, dumb-looking or not, is apparently working. Has he always had a platoon split, though? If not, his struggles with lefties are probably just a case of small sample size.
I do somewhat agree on Jackson, however. He's never really shown enough power despite his killer batting eye to be considered a great 1B option. If his power progresses than that changes everything, but it hasn't.
Let's just revisit this when he takes a fat dip in avg, obp, ops, etc.

To add to Reynolds

2-4, 2 RBI's today.

BEEEEEEEEEAST!
OzzyAZ
Analyst
And1: 1,166

Post#22 » by OzzyAZ » Tue May 29, 2007 8:50 am

Sorry it took me so long, but if you're trying to convince someone that actually watches the DBacks that Chad Tracy is anything better than an average player based on stats, you're not going to succeed. I don't care what the stats say, watching him long enough shows you what kind of player he is. In any clutch situation you pray for him to even make contact let alone get a hit. He's kind of like a Reggie Sanders but with less power and horrid defense.

But if you really want to keep stating how great he is based on stats alone, knock yourself out. I wouldn't mind seeing him go for even a mid level prospect.
SmallTownJournalist303
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#23 » by SmallTownJournalist303 » Tue May 29, 2007 2:23 pm

So, basically you're telling me that you'd rather have someone who looks like he knows what he's doing than someone who actually produces? Mmm, logic.
diamondbacker
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#24 » by diamondbacker » Thu May 31, 2007 11:01 pm

Tracy never seems to look like he will get it done but come September, the stats are there... i wouldn't mind pushing Trace to the OF so CoJack, Sheriff, and Trace can all play... or have sheriff spell players at every position once a week. (3B 1 day, next day SS, then 2B, then 1B, etc.)

All I can say is: MARK REYNOLDS IS AN EFFING STUD. HE OWNS EVERY OTHER PLAYER OUT THERE RIGHT NOW.

Today's Mark reynolds facts:
Mark Reynolds makes Johan Santana look like Julio Santana.
Mark Reynolds pumps his own gas... directly from the ground.
Mark Reynolds is pro-steroids. He wants to give opposing teams a fighting chance.
The Energizer bunny keeps going because it knows Mark Reynolds is after it.
Jeeves asks Mark Reynolds.
Mark Reynolds refers to himself in the fourth person.
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:02 am

SmallTownJournalist303 wrote:I see no reason why his OPS would drop. He's had excellent plate discipline, and some of those doubles will turn into home runs eventually. He's in his age-27 season, so I'm not surprised at all that he's having a great season at the plate.
I really don't see someone who's hitting .311 with and OBP% of almost .400 as inconsistent.

Ah, even though Reynolds is playing terrible now.

Look at Tracy. Slowly becoming the most hated D-Back.

His OPS, OBP, AVG has all dropped (still good looking numbers, but it's in only 133 AB's), and watch it drop more...

I see no reason why his OPS would drop.

L-O-L
Of course you don't see why it will drop..cause-you-don't-watch-the-D'Backs.

I told you, unfortunately.
SmallTownJournalist303
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#26 » by SmallTownJournalist303 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:57 pm

He's still got an .875 OPS and .371 OBP%...
Yes, those are small drops, but he still remains a very valuable player, and given the sample size I wouldn't start gloating yet.

Return to The General MLB Board