2015 MLB Regular Season Thread

Moderator: TyCobb

Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Re: 2015 MLB Regular Season Thread 

Post#701 » by Higga » Wed Sep 2, 2015 5:50 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Higga wrote:And once again the Nats blow a game in the late innings last night because Matt Williams has NO CLUE how to manage a 'pen. Really really really hope we fire this clown and bring in a real Manager.

He's getting killed on High Heat right now. :lol:

Same **** again last night. So sick of this guy. WORST coach/manager ever in D.C. sports history. Yes, dumber than Jim Zorn.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,850

Post#702 » by Zeitgeister » Wed Sep 2, 2015 9:52 pm

MIguel Sano has a 1.011 OPS now. I know he doesn't play for the Giants or the Dodgers but he's pretty good at baseball folks.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#703 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 3, 2015 1:46 pm

Zeitgeister wrote:MIguel Sano has a 1.011 OPS now. I know he doesn't play for the Giants or the Dodgers but he's pretty good at baseball folks.

sample size too small.
unsustainable BABIP and hard contact rate.

My buddies from the TC area cannot shut up about the guy….but rightfully so. He's crushing the ball.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#704 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:41 pm

Higga wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Higga wrote:And once again the Nats blow a game in the late innings last night because Matt Williams has NO CLUE how to manage a 'pen. Really really really hope we fire this clown and bring in a real Manager.

He's getting killed on High Heat right now. :lol:

Same **** again last night. So sick of this guy. WORST coach/manager ever in D.C. sports history. Yes, dumber than Jim Zorn.

Your boy Rizzo said he did a "masterful job" managing the bullpen in Tuesday's loss.

Looks like you might be stuck with him for a while.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#705 » by Higga » Thu Sep 3, 2015 6:05 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Higga wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:He's getting killed on High Heat right now. :lol:

Your boy Rizzo said he did a "masterful job" managing the bullpen in Tuesday's loss.

Looks like you might be stuck with him for a while.

Yeah I don't get it. I mean I know Rizzo and Williams are boys from their Arizona days, but its sickening. I'm hoping its like the dreaded vote of confidence, but its probably like 90% chance Matty Dubs aka Matty Dumbass returns next year.
Zeitgeister
General Manager

Post#706 » by Zeitgeister » Fri Sep 4, 2015 1:46 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Zeitgeister wrote:MIguel Sano has a 1.011 OPS now. I know he doesn't play for the Giants or the Dodgers but he's pretty good at baseball folks.

sample size too small.
unsustainable BABIP and hard contact rate.

My buddies from the TC area cannot shut up about the guy….but rightfully so. He's crushing the ball.

His BABIP is too high, but the hard contact rate and line drive rate is no accident. His BABIP will definitely come down, but I can see him sustaining a .330+ BABIP if he hits the ball as hard as he has. He's also striking out a lot more than he did in the minors, I have to think that K% will regress too.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#707 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Sep 4, 2015 6:06 am

Miggy
Big Papi
Giancarlo (hes at 49.7 this year thru 74 games)
Barry Bonds

Players who do not have a 50% hard contact rate.
It's coming down fam.
Zeitgeister
General Manager

Post#708 » by Zeitgeister » Fri Sep 4, 2015 9:33 pm

So is his K% fam. I don't think he's going to stay at 50+% but I think 45% is possible for a guy with 80 raw power.

edit: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/147068492/miguel-sano-launch-angle-leads-to-line-drives

This article goes into one of the reasons that Miguel's BABIP is so high. It was at .450 in July which was bound to regress, then .391 in August but one of the reasons it remained so high the next month is because he made an adjustment to his stance, it's more close now, and he's hitting much more line drives and fly balls. His average exit angle is 20.62 degrees which was the second highest in baseball for the month of August. Then his average exit velocity was the 6th best in baseball. It's that combination of hard hit balls at that launch angle which plays into his BABIP being so high. Of course, pitchers are going to make some adjustments again and he'll have to do the same if he wants to keep this up and he'll eventually need to cut down on the strikeouts.
beach house
Senior
And1: 1,044

Post#709 » by beach house » Sat Sep 5, 2015 8:00 am

baby seager showin out
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#710 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 6, 2015 2:12 am

The Matt Harvey innings limit.

Another PR disaster for the Mets
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#711 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 7, 2015 4:33 pm

Big series in DC starting in about 30 minutes.
I've never counted out the Nats. Good pitching match ups as well.

Winner of that division draws winner of the NL West more than likely.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#712 » by Higga » Tue Sep 8, 2015 5:39 pm

I got tickets to tonight's Nats-Mets game but not even feeling the desire to go. I think we're done. Harvey will dominate us like he always does. What a nightmare of a season this has been. :(
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#713 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:34 am

Higga wrote:I got tickets to tonight's Nats-Mets game but not even feeling the desire to go. I think we're done. Harvey will dominate us like he always does. What a nightmare of a season this has been. :(

sincerely hope you did not go and watch this

Storen is melting out there
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#714 » by Higga » Wed Sep 9, 2015 5:37 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
Higga wrote:I got tickets to tonight's Nats-Mets game but not even feeling the desire to go. I think we're done. Harvey will dominate us like he always does. What a nightmare of a season this has been. :(

I went. Stuck through the entire game.

All I'll say is...I'm done. See you guys next year.

Worst regular season loss in franchise history and probably 3rd worst of all time(Game 2 of last years playoffs and Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS were worse).
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#715 » by truth18 » Wed Sep 9, 2015 9:02 pm

Higga wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

I went. Stuck through the entire game.

All I'll say is...I'm done. See you guys next year.

Worst regular season loss in franchise history and probably 3rd worst of all time(Game 2 of last years playoffs and Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS were worse).

Struggle is real for Washington teams right now, huh? Keep your head up, homie.
YOU LOSE
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#716 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:25 am

Yea. Stick a fork in these Nats.

And I'm actually pulling for them to continue to suck for the rest of the year. Lord willing the Dodgers hold onto the division and the last thing I wan to see is a Nats team that raced to the finish and beat the Mets out for the division.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#717 » by truth18 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:40 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Yea. Stick a fork in these Nats.

And I'm actually pulling for them to continue to suck for the rest of the year. Lord willing the Dodgers hold onto the division and the last thing I wan to see is a Nats team that raced to the finish and beat the Mets out for the division.

Come on, man, Higga is right above us, have some decency lol. I want the Nets to go down as hard as possible next year, but I would never say that next to Nets fans (there are none in this thread from what I can tell). And even then, its just about picks. Not a 1-1 comparison. Are you really that insecure with your own team?
YOU LOSE
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#718 » by Latrell » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:52 am

Wow Joey Votto absolutely lost in on that ump.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Post#719 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:03 am

The Giants season just needs to end already. They have lost their starting RF, CF, LF, SS, 2B, 4/5 of the projected starting rotation, backup and 2nd back C to the DL at different parts of this season. Posey has run out of gas and they have to play AAA players at positions that they have never played before because there is simply no one to replace all the injuries.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#720 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:35 pm

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings

Dodgers have a better record than the Blue Jays and are 7-3 in their last 10 while the Jays are 6-4 in their last 10.

The Jays shoot up 3 spots and the Dodgers drop 2 spots.
wonder if it has to do with WHO the Jays beat this weekend?

#dodgerbias

and get over the fact that i don't get over things.

Return to The General MLB Board