111 win Dodgers lose in NLDS

Moderator: TyCobb

Was this loss for the 2022 Dodgers as disappointing as the 2007 Patriots and 2016 Warriors?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 79

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,230

Re: OT: 111 win Dodgers lose in NLDS 

Post#81 » by Clemenza » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:52 pm

dockingsched wrote:
ClipsFanAgain wrote:Go Padres!!! Sick of the Dodgers fans booing the Clippers players at games, so **** em all.

It’s not just dodgers fans my friend, they got booed at the LA Coliseum and SoFi at a Rams games too. What you’re sick of is “los Angeles fans” :lol:

I don't even think Bron would get cheered at SoFi or Dodger games. He won't get booed of course but he'll get gawked at and bit of applause thrown his way. We got 10x more heat for our choke in the bubble than the Dodgers get for their latest collapse. I thought they were going to be dragged through the ringer hardcore but other than a few media hacks I haven't heard that much anger or frustration on the street level about the team. What this tells me is that people are Dodger fans in LA -I'm a casual Dodger fan myself- but in the end they really don't give a sh*t about baseball in the grand scheme of things. Its really all about hoops out here. For half of Dodger fans its just the beautiful picturesque stadium and traditional classic clean uniforms. Wins or losses is a whole different story. Plus imo its hard to hate on the Padres anyways.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,230

Post#82 » by Clemenza » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:10 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
ClipsFanAgain wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Is it a fair statement that if the Clips win a championship this year the split will be 50/50 between laker and clipper fans?

No. But over 20 years probably. With continued winning, new arena, way more community involvement, less Jerry Springer antics than Lakers.

I seriously doubt the Clippers will ever sniff a 50% share of LA basketball fans regardless of how much winning they have in the next 20 years. LA is a Lakers and Dodgers town and then I would say that USC/UCLA are probably next. My daughter goes to college in SoCal and I don't think I have never seen anyone wearing Clipps gear.

No.. I'll give it up for Pete Carroll's USC teams in the 90's but that's as big as it gets for college sports in the area. Even a good UCLA basketball team doesn't really move the needle anymore.

How I see it imo:

Lakers & Dodgers are tier one
Rams & Clippers are tier two
Chargers, Angels, USC Football(if they're good), LA Kings are tier three.
LA Galaxy, LAFC, Ducks, UCLA Basketball/Football tier four
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,961

Post#83 » by Shock Defeat » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:43 pm

Love how the Astros keep winning and making other baseball fans extremely salty.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#84 » by PaulieWal » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:57 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:Love how the Astros keep winning and making other baseball fans extremely salty.

Salty might be one of the most overused buzz words thrown around on the internet to try and act superior when you are clearly in the wrong.

From what I have seen most baseball fans online acknowledge how great of a team Houston has been the last few years. The fact that they felt the need to cheat even with such a good team makes it so much worse. That's not being salty, dude, that's just calling out cheating.

There's a reason no one literally outside of the Astros fanbase respects the 2017 title and thinks that it should have been vacated.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#85 » by Homer38 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:39 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Love how the Astros keep winning and making other baseball fans extremely salty.

Salty might be one of the most overused buzz words thrown around on the internet to try and act superior when you are clearly in the wrong.

From what I have seen most baseball fans online acknowledge how great of a team Houston has been the last few years. The fact that they felt the need to cheat even with such a good team makes it so much worse. That's not being salty, dude, that's just calling out cheating.

There's a reason no one literally outside of the Astros fanbase respects the 2017 title and thinks that it should have been vacated.

I agree.No way they won the game 5 of the world serie in 2017(the 13-12 game)without cheating
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#86 » by PaulieWal » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Homer38 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

I agree.No way they won the game 5 of the world serie in 2017(the 13-12 game)without cheating

Also jumped on Darvish during both of his starts. But yeah, that's just salt man
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Shock Defeat
General Manager

Post#87 » by Shock Defeat » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:13 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
Homer38 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Also jumped on Darvish during both of his starts. But yeah, that's just salt man

They jumped Darvish on the road, actually the Astros played just as good on the road as they did at home IIRC. There has been no evidence of the Astros cheating on the road.

As to your initial point, there are so many non-Astros fans rooting for them to fail, and when they keep winning, salt gets created. That is a fact, and I love it.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,210

Post#88 » by jokeboy86 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:18 pm

Clemenza wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
ClipsFanAgain wrote:
No. But over 20 years probably. With continued winning, new arena, way more community involvement, less Jerry Springer antics than Lakers.

I seriously doubt the Clippers will ever sniff a 50% share of LA basketball fans regardless of how much winning they have in the next 20 years. LA is a Lakers and Dodgers town and then I would say that USC/UCLA are probably next. My daughter goes to college in SoCal and I don't think I have never seen anyone wearing Clipps gear.

No.. I'll give it up for Pete Carroll's USC teams in the 90's but that's as big as it gets for college sports in the area. Even a good UCLA basketball team doesn't really move the needle anymore.

How I see it imo:

Lakers & Dodgers are tier one
Rams & Clippers are tier two
Chargers, Angels, USC Football(if they're good), LA Kings are tier three.
LA Galaxy, LAFC, Ducks, UCLA Basketball/Football tier four

I'm actually stunned to hear this to be quite honest cause as an outsider I was always under the impression that when USC football were good they were easily ahead of the Rams and Clippers and I wouldn't be surprised if Riley gets them there soon(along with the Big Ten move). UCLA being low on the totem pole doesn't surprise me because in a star town like LA, how many of the big 5 star recruits have the Bruins got in the past couple of years? All I can think of off the top of my head are Lonzo, Muhammad, Holiday and Love. If they started getting the big recruits with the hype like UK and Duke does I think they would get a lot more attention.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#89 » by PaulieWal » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:31 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Homer38 wrote:

They jumped Darvish on the road, actually the Astros played just as good on the road as they did at home IIRC. There has been no evidence of the Astros cheating on the road.

As to your initial point, there are so many non-Astros fans rooting for them to fail, and when they keep winning, salt gets created. That is a fact, and I love it.

Sounds you are like justifying cheating.

Also, pretty sure Darvish was in Houston for game 3.

Lastly, not sure what you expect? You want people to root for a team of cheaters? Lol ok.....wow So SaLTY
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,598

Post#90 » by AbC? » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:38 pm

Baseball is all about making the playoffs and then hoping you hit high variance. Just get lucky at the right time.
SleepingDragon
Senior
And1: 490

Post#91 » by SleepingDragon » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:33 pm

Not surprising with the Dodgers won only 1 World Series in the last 10 postseason appearances, choking is nothing new to them.

As long as Roberts remains the manager and Friedman the president of the Dodgers, this will continue to happen.
Shock Defeat
General Manager

Post#92 » by Shock Defeat » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:35 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Lastly, not sure what you expect? You want people to root for a team of cheaters? Lol ok.....wow So SaLTY

It's the people that think that what the Astros did was unique or not a natural progression of the entire history of baseball, that I am making fun of.

Baseball is cheating, period. Of all its history, you can find numerous cases of disregarding explicit rules for a competitive advantage, aka cheating. What Houston did was a natural evolution of that. Don't act like integrity is something that is important in baseball, it really hasn't, in all of its history.

Secondly, other teams were stealing signs too. If there is a distinction of difference between what the Astros did and what other teams were doing, then it's completely arbitrary. Not to mention that the only reason Astros got investigated was because there was a whistleblower, we do not know if other teams did it the same and/or better than the Astros did.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#93 » by Homer38 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:36 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:They jumped Darvish on the road, actually the Astros played just as good on the road as they did at home IIRC. There has been no evidence of the Astros cheating on the road.

It's the people that think that what the Astros did was unique or not a natural progression of the entire history of baseball, that I am making fun of.

Baseball is cheating, period. Of all its history, you can find numerous cases of disregarding explicit rules for a competitive advantage, aka cheating. What Houston did was a natural evolution of that. Don't act like integrity is something that is important in baseball, it really hasn't, in all of its history.

Secondly, other teams were stealing signs too. If there is a distinction of difference between what the Astros did and what other teams were doing, then it's completely arbitrary. Not to mention that the only reason Astros got investigated was because there was a whistleblower, we do not know if other teams did it the same and/or better than the Astros did.

2017 Astros *
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#94 » by heezyo2o » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:47 pm

Don't even bother with this guy. Using cameras to cheat is natural progression and other teams might be doing it too. Alright man
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by PaulieWal » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:15 pm

heezyo2o wrote:Don't even bother with this guy. Using cameras to cheat is natural progression and other teams might be doing it too. Alright man

Lol yup, I have seen Astros fans on reddit and Twitter defend their team but never outright condone and justify the cheating.

Also, pretty sure both the Yankses and Dodgers came out after the reveal saying they weren't doing anything like that.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#96 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:42 pm

ClipsFanAgain wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
ClipsFanAgain wrote:
Much more so at Dodgers games. Years of harassment of Clippers players, they got what was coming to them. But yea in general, LA fans can be lame. I've always been for an OC or SD move, although I realize a couple rings, couple decades of winning, their own arena and things will definitely change some in LA. I just don't have the patience to deal with Dodgers fans in the meantime and their antics.

"You got what you deserved Dodgers fans!" -- Clippers fans...

Add this to the list of obvious reasons why everyone in LA thinks the Clippers are a clown show...

"We're better than the Lakers now! Respect us!"/0 Rings is another...

First sentence yes. Last one, yes the Clippers have been Better for almost an entire decade. I also said it would take 20 years probably to take a bigger share of fans. Not sure why this is upsetting you. I’m not allowed to root for the Dodgers to fail?

Their fans act like complete punks fighting at games. They are basically the Raiders fans of baseball. Then the booing Clippers every time a player goes to watch a game, even when with their wives and kids. A fan base with poor class (at games, not saying posters here). It’s my own personal experiences with Dodgers fans living there for 30 years.

Lakers just won a championship 2 years ago.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#97 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:52 pm

jokeboy86 wrote:Hearing a lot of people(fans of eliminated teams) complain about the playoff format and I wouldnt be surprised if MLB just copies the NBA and makes every series best of 7. You just had 3 100-win teams all get eliminated before the LCS. Wouldnt be surprised if the talking heads jump on this tomorrow especially if the Yanks fall tonight. Barring injuries its rare that something like this happens in the NBA and thats the way the networks would prefer it.

Nature of baseball makes upsets more difficult because an underdog could get out to a big lead but the style of play that gets them a big lead, like making a lot of 3s which is uncharacteristic, is unsustainable.

So you've had NBA teams blow 20 or 30 point leads. MLB teams can blow big leads too but officially, a baseball team just needs 1 or 2 runs to win games.

In the NBA, you need at least 90-95 points and in the playoffs , usually 105-110 or more. That means the underdog has to repeatedly score, on at least 40 possessions, with being put on the line a lot. It's one thing to do that for 25-30 possessions against superior talent but to do it 40-45 times, in 4 games out of 7, is more difficult.

Obviously there are upsets in NBA playoffs but it's a lot easier to pull an upset if scoring say 2 runs could win you crucial games.

As for the Dodgers, they've probably won the most games in a 10-15 year period than most MLB teams in history. But Kershaw is the embodiment of this generation of Dodgers, have a GOAT record in the regular season but in the playoffs, only so-so.

They've suffered a big differential between regular season and playoff performance not only with Kershaw but many of their other pitchers and hitters.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#98 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:54 pm

heezyo2o wrote:Don't even bother with this guy. Using cameras to cheat is natural progression and other teams might be doing it too. Alright man

Imagine having spent the later half of the 2010's rooting not only for the Astros, but watching James Harden grift for fouls and rationalize it as good basketball.
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,541

Post#99 » by KrAzY3 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:27 am

chuck_wagon44 wrote:Where is the respect for the Houston Astros, America's team!

They keep winning no matter what star(s) they lose (i.e. Correa, Springer, Cole) and they get no credit.

They have been winning since 2017 and been to the world series 3-4 times now in a short period of time.

I'd think the blatant cheating has something to do with it.

Might as well ask that same question about Barry Bonds, or more appropriately Roger Clements since he was also an Astro.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#100 » by bebopdeluxe » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:49 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
chuck_wagon44 wrote:Where is the respect for the Houston Astros, America's team!

They keep winning no matter what star(s) they lose (i.e. Correa, Springer, Cole) and they get no credit.

They have been winning since 2017 and been to the world series 3-4 times now in a short period of time.

The trash can scandal hurt the America’s team narrative

Astros fans should just keep quiet. Is there a worse scandal in recent sports history than the INSTITUTIONAL CHEATING they did to win a championship?

That title should have been stripped from them.

Return to The General MLB Board