It's painful that the Angels are on another season killing skid

Moderator: TyCobb

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

It's painful that the Angels are on another season killing skid 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jul 8, 2023 8:27 am

I check the score of every Angels game because I want these guys to make the playoffs, it looked ok a few weeks ago but this is just sad. It was already crazy they wasted Trout's whole prime except for one 3 and out playoff year, and then coincidentally they got another generational if not GOAT level player and are now on year 3 of wasting his prime! And it's not like they're missing by 1 game, they haven't even been above .500 since 2015. Even in baseball it's absolutely wild you can go 9 years in a row like this, including in 2021 and 2022 when Ohtani was making nothing. For a team that spends a lot of money this is historic ineptitude.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Re: It's painful that the Angels are on another season killing skid 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jul 9, 2023 5:53 pm

Not painful for me. I love it when all teams from L.A. have bad and miserable years. Couldn't happen to a better city.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:14 pm

Righting the ship a bit
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,504

Post#4 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:27 pm

I just hope Ohtani goes to a smaller market team. I would hate to see him on the usual powerhouse teams.

Imagine Ohtani in Cincinatti? :o
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,686

Post#5 » by Vampirate » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:02 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I check the score of every Angels game because I want these guys to make the playoffs, it looked ok a few weeks ago but this is just sad. It was already crazy they wasted Trout's whole prime except for one 3 and out playoff year, and then coincidentally they got another generational if not GOAT level player and are now on year 3 of wasting his prime! And it's not like they're missing by 1 game, they haven't even been above .500 since 2015. Even in baseball it's absolutely wild you can go 9 years in a row like this, including in 2021 and 2022 when Ohtani was making nothing. For a team that spends a lot of money this is historic ineptitude.

They remind me of the Jays of old, a perpetual .500 team except it's worse.

Yeah, the Jays had Roy Halladay and Delgado in their primes but those 2 cannot compare to having 2 MLB HOF players in their primes at the same time.

Tbh ever since the Angels went from their Rally Monkey way they went downhill, but are never bad enough to get a lot of assets. Just a numb team if you get my point.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,451

Post#6 » by Slim Charlez » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not painful for me. I love it when all teams from L.A. have bad and miserable years. Couldn't happen to a better city.

Anaheim is an hour away and in a different county than LA.

Return to The General MLB Board