Total votes: 40

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Re: NFC East 

Post#2161 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:Money wise Dak is fine. He only makes 40 million a year which is the same as Daniel Jones. He’s almost out of the top ten in QB contracts. It’s not his fault money was moved around and he has a bad cap hit.
Again I’m not supporting Dak.

Nothing is ever Dak's fault. You and Micah should hook up.

It’s funny how you never understand my posts. lol

I guess converting salary into a signing bonus brings down the amount in your mind. So Dak makes only 40 mill a year. Not sure how you arrive at that number. Dak's Cap hit is 55 mill this year alone. Next year it's at least 40 mill even if he isn't here or on the roster. And even another cap hit in 2026.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,054

Post#2162 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nothing is ever Dak's fault. You and Micah should hook up.

I guess converting salary into a signing bonus brings down the amount in your mind. So Dak makes only 40 mill a year. Not sure how you arrive at that number. Dak's Cap hit is 55 mill this year alone. Next year it's at least 40 mill even if he isn't here or on the roster. And even another cap hit in 2026.

There is no cap hit for Dak in 2026 (or beyond) if he’s not on the roster.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2163 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:It’s funny how you never understand my posts. lol

I guess I don't understand then. I was under the impression 40 mill would be rolled over in 2026. Saw it posted somewhere in here a few days ago.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2164 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess converting salary into a signing bonus brings down the amount in your mind. So Dak makes only 40 mill a year. Not sure how you arrive at that number. Dak's Cap hit is 55 mill this year alone. Next year it's at least 40 mill even if he isn't here or on the roster. And even another cap hit in 2026.

I guess I don't understand them. I was under the impression 40 mill would be rolled over in 2026. Saw it posted somewhere in here a few days ago.

No, that $40M cap hit is in 2025. That’s his dead cap number if he’s not on the roster. There are no cap hits for Dak after 2025 if he’s not on the roster. His cap hit for 2024 will be $55.4M
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 350

Post#2165 » by Jaydubb » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm

Yep. When dak leaves Dallas in free agency 2026, Dallas will officially be off the hook.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#2166 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nothing is ever Dak's fault. You and Micah should hook up.

The actual payment to Dak is 4 years 160 million.
The cowboys essentially borrowed from future cap years to lower his cap hit. So while he’s getting 40 million the cap hit is close to 60.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2167 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm

Jaydubb wrote:Yep. When dak leaves Dallas in free agency 2026, Dallas will officially be off the hook.

He will actually leave after the 2024 season if he’s not resigned. They will still have to account for him on their salary cap though until after the 2025 season. The Eagles are going to go through this with Hurts too once they decide to move on. If I remember correctly his contract is set up basically exactly like Dak’s contract is set up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2168 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Yep. When dak leaves Dallas in free agency 2026, Dallas will officially be off the hook.

He will actually leave after the 2024 season if he’s not resigned. They will still have to account for him on their salary cap though until after the 2025 season. The Eagles are going to go through this with Hurts too once they decide to move on. If I remember correctly his contract is set up basically exactly like Dak’s contract is set up.

So I think I have it straight now. There is no more money going to Dak after this season if he walks but there is still a cap hit the following season even if he is not on the team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,480

Post#2169 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

So I think I have it straight now. There is no more money going to Dak after this season if he walks but there is still a cap hit the following season even if he is not on the team.

They're called void years. :wink:

He'll still count $40m against their cap (2025) due to previous restructures.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2170 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:He will actually leave after the 2024 season if he’s not resigned. They will still have to account for him on their salary cap though until after the 2025 season. The Eagles are going to go through this with Hurts too once they decide to move on. If I remember correctly his contract is set up basically exactly like Dak’s contract is set up.

So even though we finally get him out the door the Dak effect will linger on another year. Wonderful. This has to be eating Jerry alive. Jerry knows he screwed up on that contract but will never admit it. It finally kicked in. Understand what Jerry really meant when he stated after the Packer loss, "we will only go as far as Dak takes us". He's pissed.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2171 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:He will actually leave after the 2024 season if he’s not resigned. They will still have to account for him on their salary cap though until after the 2025 season. The Eagles are going to go through this with Hurts too once they decide to move on. If I remember correctly his contract is set up basically exactly like Dak’s contract is set up.

There’s 4 void years on the end of Dak’s contract but the only season they will have a cap hit (dead cap) is 2025. None of the other 3 void years have any cap hit.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2172 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So I think I have it straight now. There is no more money going to Dak after this season if he walks but there is still a cap hit the following season even if he is not on the team.

There’s 4 void years on the end of Dak’s contract but the only season they will have a cap hit (dead cap) is 2025. None of the other 3 void years have any cap hit.

So even though Dak will not be on the team we will still be limited in free agency and the draft again next year. Just wonderful.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#2173 » by Mariner » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So I think I have it straight now. There is no more money going to Dak after this season if he walks but there is still a cap hit the following season even if he is not on the team.

So even though we finally get him out the door the Dak effect will linger on another year. Wonderful. This has to be eating Jerry alive. Jerry knows he screwed up on that contract but will never admit it. It finally kicked in. Understand what Jerry really meant when he stated after the Packer loss, "we will only go as far as Dak takes us". He's pissed.

Daks contract is fine. It’s not his fault they restructured.
Lot of rumours of him waving his no trade clause and getting traded during the draft.
But I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2174 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:15 pm

One can only hope. :bowdown: :pray:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2175 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2176 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, at least half of Cowboy nation doesn't want Dak here and wish he was gone yesterday. I speak for them.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2177 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:54 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:They're called void years. :wink:

Lot of rumours of him waving his no trade clause and getting traded during the draft.

Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

Trade CeeDee for #9 & #75. Then draft best available Tackle

Trade #24 & #56 to trade up to draft Graham Barton

They would have to go at least 1 season with Trey Lance as the starter. The full reset wouldn’t come until 2025 though. They would have a young stud WR and a young solid OL as a base when they go looking for their future QB.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 350

Post#2178 » by Jaydubb » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like he wants out pretty badly
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2179 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 am

Mr B wrote:Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

They would have to go at least 1 season with Trey Lance as the starter. The full reset wouldn’t come until 2025 though. They would have a young stud WR and a young solid OL as a base when they go looking for their future QB.

Robert Kraft has hung up the phone lol. NE's roster is so bad. Poor OL, no weapons. Dak would be running for the hills. Trading for an expensive veteran QB is the last thing they should be doing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2180 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:27 am

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So even though we finally get him out the door the Dak effect will linger on another year. Wonderful. This has to be eating Jerry alive. Jerry knows he screwed up on that contract but will never admit it. It finally kicked in. Understand what Jerry really meant when he stated after the Packer loss, "we will only go as far as Dak takes us". He's pissed.

Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

You left out Parsons. :wink: :nod: I like it. Might as well clean house. Its not like the Cowboys are going anywhere this season.

Return to The General NFL Board