Moderator: bwgood77

Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Re: Draft thread 

Post#681 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good luck. You guys should be embarrassed for not seeing the bigger picture. Jerry loves Cowboy fans like you guys. Buy into it and eat it up suckers.

We get it. You hate everything about the team.
No sense in repeating yourself. You are Groot!
Unlesss you have something different to contribute…

Your nuts. Most grade drafters had Guyton rated at or around 62. He's only played 14 games the past 2 seasons. It’s risky and a reach. Cowboys made a mistake not taking Barton and you know it. You’re damn right I hate everything about this team. Only a fool would approve.

Guyton was not rated at 62. lol
You only see things in black or white.
You know it’s possible to be disappointed with the team and still like a draft pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#682 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 pm

Onward through the fog.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#683 » by last stand » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:Jets duped the Vikings in swapping picks. Very similar to what the bears did to the eagles last year.
Jets didn’t want to trade back and lose their guy but bluffed the Vikings in giving up capital when they could have just stayed put.

lol and you know the broncos weren’t having trade conversations with the jets? They needed a QB, would’ve been just as safe for the jets to move back with

Jets, Vikings, broncos

What an outlandish statement without knowing what actually happened behind closed doors

You have to use common sense.
Had the broncos offered 3 first round picks the 4th that the Vikings offered would not of blocked the other deals.
The compensation the Vikings offered did not change anything.
Simply put the jets did not like the other deals. If any were offered at all. The proof is that they didn’t do the deal.

That’s not how negotiations work. Someone always gets a deal done lol. Every trade isnt just one team in the running.

The Vikings could have simply you know, outbid the broncos lol
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,544

Post#684 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:16 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:Jets duped the Vikings in swapping picks. Very similar to what the bears did to the eagles last year.
Jets didn’t want to trade back and lose their guy but bluffed the Vikings in giving up capital when they could have just stayed put.

lol and you know the broncos weren’t having trade conversations with the jets? They needed a QB, would’ve been just as safe for the jets to move back with

Jets, Vikings, broncos

What an outlandish statement without knowing what actually happened behind closed doors

Had the broncos offered 3 first round picks the 4th that the Vikings offered would not of blocked the other deals.
Simply put the jets did not like the other deals. If any were offered at all. The proof is that they didn’t do the deal.

Obviously, the Broncos didn't offer 3 first round picks. They may have made an offer that the Jets would have accepted had the Vikings not made a similar or better offer.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Post#685 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm

The more I look at the Falcon's pick, the crazier it seems to me. Like, how did that happen? lol
Mariner
Senior

Post#686 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:49 pm

last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:

Jets, Vikings, broncos

That’s not how negotiations work. Someone always gets a deal done lol. Every trade isnt just one team in the running.

The broncos lost out on their QB of the future because they offered less than a 4th?
You don’t think teams bluff?
Mariner
Senior

Post#687 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:

Jets, Vikings, broncos

Obviously, the Broncos didn't offer 3 first round picks. They may have made an offer that the Jets would have accepted had the Vikings not made a similar or better offer.

The 3 firsts was just an exaggeration.
That 4th was not enough to trump any other deal.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#688 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:53 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:

The broncos lost out on their QB of the future because they offered less than a 4th?

It was a 4th and a 5th. And the Broncos don't have a 2nd round pick this year, but they have made at least a token offer.
Mariner
Senior

Post#689 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:

It was a 4th and a 5th. And the Broncos don't have a 2nd round pick this year, but they have made at least a token offer.

If the offer was good they would have taken it.
If wasn’t good they would have not taken it.
What Minny did didn’t change anything.
Assuming there were any other offers.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#690 » by last stand » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:

Jets, Vikings, broncos

No no

The only way the broncos were in discussions were if they offered 3 1st rounders

There’s no negotiations

I’m sure you the Vikings fan are really upset about jj McCarthy and your 1 spot trade
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#691 » by last stand » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 pm

Mariner wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:The broncos lost out on their QB of the future because they offered less than a 4th?

That’s not how negotiations work. You’re entire premise is based on you assuming you actually know what the jets conversations were with the broncos and Vikings

What a strange hill to die on. Granted I know most of this is to poke at the eagles doing it last year with Jalen Carter

As I said. Vikings fans are happy with McCarthy and eagles are happy with Carter
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#692 » by last stand » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 pm

So jets call Vikings

Broncos are offering this to move up for jj McCarthy

Whether the jets are bluffing or not is irrelevant lol

The Vikings believing McCarthy to be an integral piece to their future should make that trade 10/10 times

To believe otherwise is trolling

I wonder if the jets are regretting not moving up for odunze who they reportedly desperately wanted

I wonder if they feel they should’ve moved up to 8. It’s not like the bears would’ve taken penix
Mariner
Senior

Post#693 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 pm

last stand wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:

No no

The only way the broncos were in discussions were if they offered 3 1st rounders

There’s no negotiations

I’m sure you the Vikings fan are really upset about jj McCarthy and your 1 spot trade

We know the broncos didn’t offer a first.
Not even a second
Not anything that couldn’t be trumped by that yummy 4th.
I guess the lesson here is that teams don’t bluff. All they have to do is say someone else is interested and that’s that!
I would love to play poker with you. Mariner bet big so he must have a big hand! lol
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#694 » by last stand » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:20 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

No no

There’s no negotiations

Not even a second
I guess the lesson here is that teams don’t bluff. All they have to do is say someone else is interested and that’s that!
I would love to play poker with you. Mariner bet big so he must have a big hand! lol

You’re being obstinate

I’m not saying they didn’t bluff

I’m saying it doesn’t matter

It’s the draft. If you believe a guy that you have decided could be a major piece to your franchise is in danger of being snagged you move up and take him.

Teams don’t move up for the sake of it

Other people aren’t assuming they saw how the negotiations went.

All I know is the Vikings got their guy as did the eagles and the fans were cheering in both scenarios.

Jets fans upset they didn’t move up for odunze including saleh and Douglas looking depressed

I wonder if they wish they offered a yummy 4th to move up 2 spots
Mariner
Senior

Post#695 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 pm

last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
No no

There’s no negotiations

Not even a second

You’re being obstinate

It’s the draft. If you believe a guy that you have decided could be a major piece to your franchise is in danger of being snagged you move up and take him.

All I know is the Vikings got their guy as did the eagles and the fans were cheering in both scenarios.

Jets fans upset they didn’t move up for odunze including saleh and Douglas looking depressed

You’re really mixing things up.
First, there is a big difference in moving up multiple spots to get your guy. That’s a totally different story.
Two teams flipping consecutive picks is what we are talking about. The jets trading up has nothing to do with this convo.
Had the jets called the broncos and asked to trade and the broncos said they have zero interest the jets would have got the same compensation from the Vikings.
I find that interesting. You don’t care.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#696 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 pm

Mariner wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:The broncos lost out on their QB of the future because they offered less than a 4th?

That doesn’t really make any sense. All it has to mean is that the Vikings offer was equal or better than the Broncos offer. It definitely doesn’t mean that the Jets couldn’t have accepted an offer from the Broncos if the Vikings didn’t make one.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#697 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:We know the broncos didn’t offer a first.
Not even a second

You’re being obstinate

You’re really mixing things up.
First, there is a big difference in moving up multiple spots to get your guy. That’s a totally different story.
Two teams flipping consecutive picks is what we are talking about. The jets trading up has nothing to do with this convo.
Had the jets called the broncos and asked to trade and the broncos said they have zero interest the jets would have got the same compensation from the Vikings.
I find that interesting. You don’t care.

Sean Payton actually admitted he drove up the price of the pick.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,568

Post#698 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm

Dubnation wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Ya he’s a freak talent at the TE spot.

I even saw clips of him on numerous running plays doing an end around and making it a big play.

Again. The question is who is going to get him the ball?????

This guy of course...

Spoiler:

Maybe they take Spencer Rattler, who was thought of as the potential #1 pick and Heisman favorite after his redshirt freshman year, and then the next year he struggled a bit, his mom was diagnosed with cancer, and Caleb Williams, his BACKUP, got to start the rest of the season (then he later transferred to USC). He ended up transferring to South Carolina, and rebuilt his value on a team in a very tough conference without premier talents at WR/OL like most of the top QBs in the draft had. He could be a bit under the radar.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/story/_/id/39970219/spencer-rattler-quarterback-south-carolina-oklahoma-nfl-draft
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,578

Post#699 » by hermes » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:Is it racism that Cooper DeJean wasn't drafted in the 1st round?

maybe teams don't know what position to play him at :dontknow:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,568

Post#700 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 pm

How good was Blake Corrum? I see him mocked to the Chargers in round 3 a couple of places and I guess Harbaugh loves him. I see he had 27 tds, and Dane Brugler, the Athletic's draft guy has him ranked as the 2nd best RB in the draft. But he's only 5'8.

I know Harbaugh wants to establish a great running game, but the Chargers signed Gus Edwards who I really like and have a lot of needs, particularly at WR and on defense (at almost every position except edge).

Return to The General NFL Board