Wilson gets another big bag

Moderator: bwgood77

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,409

Re: Wilson gets another big bag 

Post#21 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 4:07 am

Why they go for it instead of at least tie?

Loss is better than a tie?

And why in shotgun, why not make them defend the run too?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,525

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 7, 2022 4:11 am

wco81 wrote:Why they go for it instead of at least tie?

Loss is better than a tie?

And why in shotgun, why not make them defend the run too?

Russ has always preferred it.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,232

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 7, 2022 2:50 pm

Wilson is getting eaten alive on social media geeez.

Seahawks looking like geniuses.

I did not expect this.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 7, 2022 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,398

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 7, 2022 4:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Wilson is getting eaten alive on social media geeez.

Seahawks looking like geniuses.

I did not expect this.

That's because you've always had low expectations.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#26 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 7, 2022 5:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I agree with some of what he is saying like Russ and Ciara acting like mega stars is :roll:

But I do not like the take that Wilson is a "poser". He is 9x ProBowler and has a Super Bowl win, was just one Pete Carrol bad play call away from a 2nd ring. He has proven himself in the NFL. He isn't "pretending".

NOW maybe all of that money and fame has gotten to his head and he has fallen off. I can see that. Or maybe the scheme in Denver just doesn't fit him for whatever reason. IDK. But what I do know is that at one point in time Russ was a great QB and deserving of top dollar.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,157

Post#27 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 5:15 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I agree with some of what he is saying like Russ and Ciara acting like mega stars is :roll:

But I do not like the take that Wilson is a "poser". He is 9x ProBowler and has a Super Bowl win, was just one Pete Carrol bad play call away from a 2nd ring. He has proven himself in the NFL. He isn't "pretending".

NOW maybe all of that money and fame has gotten to his head and he has fallen off. I can see that. Or maybe the scheme in Denver just doesn't fit him for whatever reason. IDK. But what I do know is that at one point in time Russ was a great QB and deserving of top dollar.

Ya but Brandt is talking about his personality being fake. And its not like Brandt is the first one to bring this up. The Pat McAfee show has basically been saying this for a long time. Its been a running gag with them when anything comes up with Russ, its this over the top sarcastic enthusiasm by everyone on the show. They make it pretty well known that they dont buy the personality he is selling and basically most players in the league dont buy it either.

So ya I agree with Brandt 100% with this. I do think he has one of the most fakest personalities in the sport. And just like what Brandt was saying, you gotta be an amazing player if youre going to be like that. Russ could get away with that before when he was playing almost at a MVP level. Its been a couple years now since he has played like that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#28 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 7, 2022 5:26 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ya but Brandt is talking about his personality being fake. And its not like Brandt is the first one to bring this up. The Pat McAfee show has basically been saying this for a long time. Its been a running gag with them when anything comes up with Russ, its this over the top sarcastic enthusiasm by everyone on the show. They make it pretty well known that they dont buy the personality he is selling and basically most players in the league dont buy it either.

So ya I agree with Brandt 100% with this. I do think he has one of the most fakest personalities in the sport. And just like what Brandt was saying, you gotta be an amazing player if youre going to be like that. Russ could get away with that before when he was playing almost at a MVP level. Its been a couple years now since he has played like that.

Okay I thought that was in reference to his playing, which should be all that matters really. Half the NFL shows up to games dressed like they are runway models. They all act like divas. It's fine to point and laugh at it and I agree seeing Russ act like he is JayZ makes me facepalm.

Maybe Russ is evolving into Cam Newton. He had some good years playing and then wanted to just be a walking magazine cover.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,157

Post#29 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Oct 7, 2022 5:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Okay I thought that was in reference to his playing, which should be all that matters really. Half the NFL shows up to games dressed like they are runway models. They all act like divas. It's fine to point and laugh at it and I agree seeing Russ act like he is JayZ makes me facepalm.

Maybe Russ is evolving into Cam Newton. He had some good years playing and then wanted to just be a walking magazine cover.

Ya I just watched it again and the poser comment was 100% about his persona, not his playing ability or past playing ability. Again this has been a running joke on the McAfee show for quite sometime and I think this is going to be similar to a diva WR. Teams will put up with it as long as youre balling out on the field. But the second youre not, the true feelings about these guys will come out quick.

Like I think teammates put up with the whole yelling at the players on the sideline "Run or pass, guys yell run or pass!" crap when youre micd and when youre playing MVP level. If you aint playing like a MVP though and youre playing like how Russ has been playing this year and last. Ya Im prepared to hear plenty of "anonymous" stories of how the Bronco locker room cant stand his act.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 7, 2022 5:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I agree with some of what he is saying like Russ and Ciara acting like mega stars is :roll:

Russ is a dork. But It amazes me that Russ does not get more blame for that play. It's always comes back to Pete. Carroll has always gotten blamed for it. When in reality, the OC made the call & Russ was the person who threw the ball. Ultimately, It was a poorly executed play that Malcolm Butler took advantage of. Butler read it & made a phenomenal play.

As far as the scheme? I don't believe that he's a good fit for it. He also struggled mightily last year in a similar offense. His best years we're actually under a different OC (Brian Schottenheimer), who ironically was replaced after he & Russ had a falling out. Schottenheimer was fired after Russ played awful to end the 2020 season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#31 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Oct 7, 2022 5:57 pm

Russ is a dork and everyone can see it but now that I think about it is new "megastar" fake persona probably falls on his wife Ciara. It's basically in her job description to act like that. She props him up like he is JayZ because her goal is to be Beyonce.

I bet Russ feels "fake" inside but only does it for her.

Russ should probably get more blame for his own INT than Carroll does for the play call. It was the wrong play call though.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#32 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 7, 2022 6:02 pm

The hits keep coming.

Read on Twitter
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,485

Post#33 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Oct 7, 2022 6:14 pm

POS gonna cost me my fantasy matchup this week. Hate playing guys on Thursday night.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,599

Post#34 » by hermes » Sat Oct 8, 2022 9:48 pm

jack, you in minneapolis? i saw a guy with a seahawks scarf this morning
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#35 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 8, 2022 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#36 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:29 pm

This is two years old. But his issues aren't a new thing by any means.

He really struggled during the 2nd half of 2020 as teams made adjustments. His numbers since 2018 against Cover 2 aren't very pretty. He's 33rd in passer rating against that coverage. Teams know this.

Because of his size he often struggles to see the middle of the field. That's why he's always been better outside the pocket & likes to improvise "Russ Ball".

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#37 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:57 pm

Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,990

Post#38 » by Quattro » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:46 pm

Easy to pin it all on Wilson but consider that his offensive line is a bigger mess than it ever was in Seattle and it's unfair to expect a guy in his 30s to be able to scramble and create the way he did when he was 10 years younger. The pocket instantly collapsed every time he dropped back on Monday and that's without Bosa in the lineup.

Also consider that he is dealing with the absolute WORST ****ing coaching staff I've seen on a sideline in all the years I've been watching this team play football and that includes McDaniels first HC stint. The inexplicable Melvin Gordon benching in favour of a journeyman they just signed is just the latest example of his complete and utter ineptitude.

Wilson hasn't been good but I'm not pinning 100% of the blame on his shoulders either.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#39 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:06 pm

Quattro wrote:Easy to pin it all on Wilson but consider that his offensive line is a bigger mess than it ever was in Seattle and it's unfair to expect a guy in his 30s to be able to scramble and create the way he did when he was 10 years younger. The pocket instantly collapsed every time he dropped back on Monday and that's without Bosa in the lineup.

Also consider that he is dealing with the absolute WORST ****ing coaching staff I've seen on a sideline in all the years I've been watching this team play football and that includes McDaniels first HC stint. The inexplicable Melvin Gordon benching in favour of a journeyman they just signed is just the latest example of his complete and utter ineptitude.

Wilson hasn't been good but I'm not pinning 100% of the blame on his shoulders either.

I don't mean to pick on ya, but...

These are the same type of excuses that Seattle fans used for years. :wink:

Fans would often blame Carroll & the coaching staff for his shortcomings.

The Offensive line was again always the problem.

The issue for Denver is that if he can't make use of his legs & create as you described than fans will be disappointed with his play.

Monday's game was the same Russ I've been watching for years. Him using his legs to make big plays down the field. But generally the offense is stagnant for most of the game. Him taking way too many unnecessary sacks. Struggles on third down.

The whole 'let Russ cook' thing was short lived here because teams figured him out. Keep him in the pocket & don't let him extend plays.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#40 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:17 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Why did you guys get rid of him again? I still don't understand

Mr. Unlimited

Read on Twitter

Return to The General NFL Board