Redskins RB Portis: Vick can do what he wants

Moderator: bwgood77

HCYanks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#21 » by HCYanks » Tue May 22, 2007 11:42 pm

J.Kim wrote:You know what, I agree with lpsevier on this. I get the sense that Portis was just generally trying to convey a right to privacy in the life of these athletes, but it came out in the wrong way.

Definitely a valid complaint, but he's got to pick his timing better.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#22 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 23, 2007 3:51 am

MindAtEase wrote:How far are you going to slide down the slippery slope? I can't get my house inspected for termites, roaches, and rats because they are living, breathing animals?

Dear lord. Please stop. For the sake of brain cells all over the planet.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 23, 2007 3:11 pm

lpsevier wrote:I get the general point he's trying to make about players, their private lives and NFL Witch Hunts, but Dog Fighting is pretty bad morally, and its a felony.

I think Portis could have voiced support with some different words.

That's not even remotely the point he was making. The point he was making is that dog fighting is not bad morally.

Allow me to turn this into a commentary on my least favorite college team. Is there any University of Miami football player who might even be described as an "adequate human being"?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 23, 2007 5:07 pm

hippie wrote:That's not even remotely the point he was making. The point he was making is that dog fighting is not bad morally.

Allow me to turn this into a commentary on my least favorite college team. Is there any University of Miami football player who might even be described as an "adequate human being"?

I think Russell Maryland once gave a stranded motorist a jump-start.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#25 » by mopper8 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:15 pm

LMAO, lets all fall back on idiot stereotypes. Man, that Ken Dorsey, what a piece of s**t! You know Reggie Wayne...that guys a thug. Him and Santana Moss, the worst. Edgerrin James, he's done a lot to be earn a rep as a less than adequate human being. Frank Gore too. Kellen Winslow drives motorcycles, he doesn't deserve to breathe!
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by mopper8 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:15 pm

Bubba Franks. Vernony Carey.

On and on and on.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 23, 2007 5:53 pm

mopper8 wrote:LMAO, lets all fall back on idiot stereotypes. Man, that Ken Dorsey, what a piece of s**t! You know Reggie Wayne...that guys a thug. Him and Santana Moss, the worst. Edgerrin James, he's done a lot to be earn a rep as a less than adequate human being. Frank Gore too. Kellen Winslow drives motorcycles, he doesn't deserve to breathe!

For shame, mupper, for shame. You used to be fun, now you
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by mopper8 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:33 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For shame, mupper, for shame. You used to be fun, now you
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 23, 2007 6:46 pm

You need more fiber in your diet. Poop out the grumpiness.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by mopper8 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:57 pm

Who are YOU to criticize MY diet??? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WHAT I EAT?

Ass :x
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 23, 2007 7:36 pm

mopper8 wrote:LMAO, lets all fall back on idiot stereotypes. Man, that Ken Dorsey, what a piece of s**t! You know Reggie Wayne...that guys a thug. Him and Santana Moss, the worst. Edgerrin James, he's done a lot to be earn a rep as a less than adequate human being. Frank Gore too. Kellen Winslow drives motorcycles, he doesn't deserve to breathe!

Glad you agree, then. Thanks.
Ming Kong!
RealGM
And1: 31

Post#32 » by Ming Kong! » Wed May 23, 2007 8:05 pm

MindAtEase wrote:I seen dogfighting before and it didn't seem that bad. It doesn't mean I want to go on a rampage and murder people. I just see them as animals, does that make me a bad guy?

I think I might agree with Portis. Dogs are considered property and what I choose to do with my property, on my own property, should be my buisness.

Well I've had my current dog, for about 14 years, and she's gone through cancer, getting hit by a car, and more. She's fine now, she's not missing a leg or anything, she's not blind of death yet, though she's naturally loosing these senses. She's like the sister I never had, and I have to tell you that it will hurt me just as much to loose my dog as it will to loose my human sibling brother one day. Why, because she's family. A dog is not soul less, stupid, or anything of that sort. In fact dogs are quite the opposite. They are very aware of when you are sad and hurt. They clearly show their emotions, and if you can't feel sympathy for dogs, well I can't help you. I'll admit you make a point that insects, rats, and other animals are just as alive, I mean they do all have souls, regardless if they are anywhere near as intelligent or domestic as pets, or dogs specifically. Hell the truth is rats are worshiped in some lands, as are cows, so I can't completely throw your argument out when I do kill roaches, and ants and other insects, though it's more concerning my health, and protecting my property than for the sake of killing them. Putting dogs to fight against each other is something selffish, and horrible. Killing dogs for the sake of stuffing your pockets?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 23, 2007 8:36 pm

mopper8 wrote:Who are YOU to criticize MY diet??? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WHAT I EAT?

Ass :x

Heh. Poop. Ass.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by mopper8 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Ass.

My best Kurt Vonnegut:

Let me draw one for you:

lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by lpsevier » Thu May 24, 2007 3:03 pm

Losing Family Pets does NOT equate to losing actual siblings, sorry. I don't care how old they are.

Just had to throw that out there, continue por favor.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#36 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:20 pm

lpsevier wrote:Losing Family Pets does NOT equate to losing actual siblings, sorry. I don't care how old they are.

Just had to throw that out there, continue por favor.

how do you know? some family treat their pets like actual siblings.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by lpsevier » Thu May 24, 2007 7:02 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

how do you know? some family treat their pets like actual siblings.

Some people sit down at the dinner table with Pets and talk about their day?

Some people call up Pets to talk about very important things in their lives and have meaningful conversations with them?

I love animals, love my dog, all that good stuff - but if you think a family pet is on the same level as one of your siblings - you've got some SERIOUS issues.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#38 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 pm

lpsevier wrote:I love animals, love my dog, all that good stuff - but if you think a family pet is on the same level as one of your siblings - you've got some SERIOUS issues.

you have some serious issue. what's wrong with treating your pet as a family member or a sibling? you think it's wrong? :nonono:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#39 » by FNQ » Fri May 25, 2007 1:34 am

you have some serious issue. what's wrong with treating your pet as a family member or a sibling? you think it's wrong? :nonono:

I think it should go both ways then.

I'll whap my 1 year old with a newspaper everytime he pisses himself :D
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by lpsevier » Fri May 25, 2007 1:52 pm

Its impossible to treat a pet like a sibling.

If you had to pick one, would you shoot your pet or your brother?

edit - and why aren't you answering my rhetorical questions? :(

Return to The General NFL Board