JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,457

Re: Divisional Round Week 

Post#501 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:30 am

Mr B wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
Mr B wrote:Both teams are from Dallas.

That was over 60 years ago and very breif before they even joined the NFL.

No Cowboys fan was rooting for the Chiefs prior to Mahomes, because they played in Dallas 6 decades ago, i guarantee it.

First of all, it’s cool if you don’t know the history. Also you didn’t know me prior to the Chiefs winning their titles so you don’t know who I rooted for.

The Chiefs would have never left if it wasn’t for the NFL. They didn’t believe football was popular enough in the South (Texas specifically) to support a team. They turned down Lamar Hunt who helped start his own league with 2 teams in Texas not just his team. Based on the Chiefs success the NFL put their own team in Dallas (Cowboys). The NFL was a bigger brand at the time so therefore the Cowboys were more popular. Lamar Hunt moved his team to KC in ‘63.

And I never said I was a die hard Chiefs fan. Whenever my team does their annual **** of the bed I root for the Chiefs because they originally started in Dallas and were in a way forced out. If the NFL had just awarded Lamar Hunt his franchise we would have never heard of the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, or the Houston Texans.

I've known you since PSD, so i potetinally did know you prior to the Chiefs ever being cool to root for lol
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,180

Post#502 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:35 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:The Chiefs were the Dallas Texans for 3 years.

Pulling for them because they are from Texas would be like a Houston fan pulling for the Titans, though this would make more sense since they were in Houston for nearly 40 years. Or even a Cleveland fan pulling for the Ravens since the Ravens were in Cleveland for 50 years.

Do you want to tell me who to vote for too?

And do you think there aren’t a lot of Titans fans that are only fans because they were previously Oilers fans?

I'm not trying to tell you anything about what to do. Pull for all the best teams if you want for whatever reason you want to give people, even if it's because they played in your town for 3 years 60 years ago lol.

I doubt there are many Titans fans because they were Oilers fans. Same goes for the Ravens. The Rams may have some fans in STL since there is no team there.

So just because you don’t know them they don’t exist? You don’t have much of an ego do you? Lol! And just because you’re scared of the Chiefs beating your team doesn’t make them the “best team” as you claim they are. They are currently just a good team that’s still alive. Most people would have the Ravens or Niners as the “best team”. Glad you think they are the best team though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#503 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:37 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Mr B wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:That was over 60 years ago and very breif before they even joined the NFL.

No Cowboys fan was rooting for the Chiefs prior to Mahomes, because they played in Dallas 6 decades ago, i guarantee it.

First of all, it’s cool if you don’t know the history. Also you didn’t know me prior to the Chiefs winning their titles so you don’t know who I rooted for.

The Chiefs would have never left if it wasn’t for the NFL. They didn’t believe football was popular enough in the South (Texas specifically) to support a team. They turned down Lamar Hunt who helped start his own league with 2 teams in Texas not just his team. Based on the Chiefs success the NFL put their own team in Dallas (Cowboys). The NFL was a bigger brand at the time so therefore the Cowboys were more popular. Lamar Hunt moved his team to KC in ‘63.

And I never said I was a die hard Chiefs fan. Whenever my team does their annual **** of the bed I root for the Chiefs because they originally started in Dallas and were in a way forced out. If the NFL had just awarded Lamar Hunt his franchise we would have never heard of the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, or the Houston Texans.

I've known you since PSD, so i potetinally did know you prior to the Chiefs ever being cool to root for lol

So then you would know that I’ve always had an affinity for them (after the Cowboys), cool.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,780

Post#504 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:49 am

Mr B wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Do you want to tell me who to vote for too?

And do you think there aren’t a lot of Titans fans that are only fans because they were previously Oilers fans?

I'm not trying to tell you anything about what to do. Pull for all the best teams if you want for whatever reason you want to give people, even if it's because they played in your town for 3 years 60 years ago lol.

I doubt there are many Titans fans because they were Oilers fans. Same goes for the Ravens. The Rams may have some fans in STL since there is no team there.

So just because you don’t know them they don’t exist? You don’t have much of an ego do you? Lol! And just because you’re scared of the Chiefs beating your team doesn’t make them the “best team” as you claim they are. They are currently just a good team that’s still alive. Most people would have the Ravens or Niners as the “best team”. Glad you think they are the best team though.

Scared? I'm not scared. Anyway, they are the defending champs and been to 3 of the last 4 super bowls and in 6 conference championships in a row.

I imagine they have more fans because of Taylor Swift too.

I don't know who's the best team. The Ravens appeared to be the best in the regular season followed by the Niners but I would never bet against Mahomes in a playoff game. I do think he is the best quarterback...in history.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#505 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:08 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Scared? I'm not scared. Anyway, they are the defending champs and been to 3 of the last 4 super bowls and in 6 conference championships in a row.

I imagine they have more fans because of Taylor Swift too.

I don't know who's the best team. The Ravens appeared to be the best in the regular season followed by the Niners but I would never bet against Mahomes in a playoff game. I do think he is the best quarterback...in history.

Mahomes is definitely the best QB left in the playoffs but I really think Baltimore has the best team. As much as I would prefer the Chiefs to win I think it will be Baltimore to win the SB.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#506 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:22 pm

The Ravens are going to win it all but not really because of LJ. It's because no one can score on that defense. That franchise just knows how to properly build defensive squads.

Justin Madubuike is probably the best DT in the NFL, the found him in the 3rd round.

Two AllPro LBs...Roquan and Queen.

How often does that happen? A team have two Allpro LBs the same year?

I mean, this is why I think almost any QB can win a SB with the right cast. Not a knock on LJ, he's a great QB, but that defense is carrying the team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,381

Post#507 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:35 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
I want to root against them. I don’t have a dog in this fight anymore though. Overall - I’m happy with the matchups and am glad Detroit is in. Rooting for them rest of the way

I don’t really have a dog in the fight either. However when my team does their annual choke job i tend to pull for the Chiefs. They were originally from Dallas and were kind of forced out by the NFL. So I root for them. Also I like dynasties in the NFL.

BJJ killed the chiefs for me. I would never root for the same team as him

Good. I will make more money if you don't jinx them. :thumbsup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,381

Post#508 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:45 pm

Pulling for them because they are from Texas would be like a Houston fan pulling for the Titans, though this would make more sense since they were in Houston for nearly 40 years. Or even a Cleveland fan pulling for the Ravens since the Ravens were in Cleveland for 50 years.

Yet the Chargers are now in LA and the Raiders are in Vegas. You still root for for your Chargers even though there isn't much to talk about there. Must be frustrating knowing the Chiefs have won 8 straight division titles and Mahomes is only 28 years old and doesn't appear to be slowing down.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#509 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Yet the Chargers are now in LA and the Raiders are in Vegas. You still root for for your Chargers even though there isn't much to talk about there. Must be frustrating knowing the Chiefs have won 8 straight division titles and Mahomes is only 28 years old and doesn't appear to be slowing down.

Mahomes is technically just now entering his prime.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,566

Post#510 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:51 pm

No Cowboys fan was rooting for Chiefs before Mahomes lets get real
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#511 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:01 pm

El Turco wrote:No Cowboys fan was rooting for Chiefs before Mahomes lets get real

I don’t understand why it bothers you so much that a Cowboys fan would root for the Chiefs too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,780

Post#512 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather the Chargers be better but I'm not going to switch teams because they are not as good as I hoped.
El Turco

Post#513 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:No Cowboys fan was rooting for Chiefs before Mahomes lets get real

I don’t understand why it bothers you so much that a Cowboys fan would root for the Chiefs too.

People going thru mental gymnastics catch my eye, if you just admit to frontrunning it wouldnt be worth commenting

RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#514 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The Ravens are going to win it all but not really because of LJ. It's because no one can score on that defense. That franchise just knows how to properly build defensive squads.

Justin Madubuike is probably the best DT in the NFL, the found him in the 3rd round.

I mean, this is why I think almost any QB can win a SB with the right cast. Not a knock on LJ, he's a great QB, but that defense is carrying the team.
49ers had no issue moving the ball, they just had some bad luck with tipped balls going for INTs.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#515 » by goober » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:45 pm

You know, nothing wrong rooting for another team just because they’re good and yours is not. But jumping to “they were in dallas 60 years ago” is crazy :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#516 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:49 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The Ravens are going to win it all but not really because of LJ. It's because no one can score on that defense. That franchise just knows how to properly build defensive squads.

49ers had no issue moving the ball, they just had some bad luck with tipped balls going for INTs.

Purdy threw 4 INTs and 2 of them were definitely on him. Zero TD passes to go with that.

goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#517 » by goober » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:49 pm

Brock Purdy is in a lose/lose situation with the media right now, it doesn’t matter how well he plays, all credit is given to his teammates. If he has a lackluster performance, he sucks.
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#518 » by goober » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:

Purdy threw 4 INTs and 2 of them were definitely on him. Zero TD passes to go with that.

Purdy could beat the Packers, when Dak couldn’t even muster up a close game
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,381

Post#519 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:53 pm

Bears just gave away Roquan Smith IIRC.

They got a second and a fifth round pick two years ago in exchange for the #8 pick of the draft. Smith was 24 at the time, now 26.

Ravens defense has been great but Ravens offense has been explosive, especially back half of the season. They may have something special with Lively, a 4th round pick who is getting a lot of snaps because Andrews has been injured.

But Lively is making deep downfield catches, either beating LBs and safeties or making contested catches.
El Turco

Post#520 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:02 pm

Pretty sure Purdy outgained Lamar first half of the game, game got out of hand after the 4th interception.

Ravens defense is good but nothing dominant like some of their previous defenses, Lamar had to win games by himself. They are very good at converting opportunities but I dont know how often they'll get 4 interceptions again.

Return to The General NFL Board