Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,150

Re: Divisional Round Week 

Post#541 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:57 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
I wasnt aware I told you who to root for. We are just ridiculing you, if you cant handle it block all the people who crapped on you :lol:

Well you got your panties all in a bunch simply because a couple of us are rooting for the Chiefs. You’re insecurity is showing. Here maybe this will help.

again as opposed to what your mum taught you, we are not laughing with you, we are laughing at you.

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#542 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:Well you got your panties all in a bunch simply because a couple of us are rooting for the Chiefs. You’re insecurity is showing. Here maybe this will help.

again as opposed to what your mum taught you, we are not laughing with you, we are laughing at you.

TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#543 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:01 pm

Wtf people are changing teams over franchise move that happened 60 years ago? lmaoo
wembambamya
Junior

Post#544 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:02 pm

Bucs talking about signing Baker to 40 mil contract, I didnt know where to put this but seems like a decent deal considering the cap increases coming.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#545 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 pm

wembambamya wrote:Wtf people are changing teams over franchise move that happened 60 years ago? lmaoo

Who said anything about changing teams? Cowboys are still my team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#546 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 pm

wembambamya wrote:Bucs talking about signing Baker to 40 mil contract, I didnt know where to put this but seems like a decent deal considering the cap increases coming.

$40M for Baker? Good luck with that.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#547 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:Wtf people are changing teams over franchise move that happened 60 years ago? lmaoo

So you are hopping on Chiefs for the playoffs? seems weird but ok who cares. That 60 year ago bit sounds silly though.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#548 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:06 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:Bucs talking about signing Baker to 40 mil contract, I didnt know where to put this but seems like a decent deal considering the cap increases coming.

He has been an above average quarterback and that's the going price nowadays. If Dak is getting 60, 40 for Baker seems ok.
El Turco

Post#549 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:08 pm

I am rooting for Toledo Maroons or maybe even Muncie Flyers

El Turco

Post#550 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:09 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:

He has been an above average quarterback and that's the going price nowadays. If Dak is getting 60, 40 for Baker seems ok.

Yeah 40 mil will be an average qb price in a year or two, you cant do much about it if you want to keep him and seems like Bucs really like him.

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#551 » by last stand » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:12 pm

What’s going to happen is teams are going to see more benefit in just drafting guys and putting super teams around them

I think when baker mayfield starts getting 40 which will trickle around the league for several QBs I just think long term teams are going to draft a QB or 2 and try to build super teams. I mean would you rather have baker at 40 or a top LB, safety, and WR?
El Turco

Post#552 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:18 pm

last stand wrote:What’s going to happen is teams are going to see more benefit in just drafting guys and putting super teams around them

I think when baker mayfield starts getting 40 which will trickle around the league for several QBs I just think long term teams are going to draft a QB or 2 and try to build super teams. I mean would you rather have baker at 40 or a top LB, safety, and WR?

Yeah this is the way I favor. Unless you have quarterback that overcomes holes in your team, which there are maybe 4-5 of those guys, dont pay a quarterback past his rookie deal. Just build a great team and keep plugging it with young guys from the draft or maybe a veteran on a discount. We've seen unless you are Mahomes it is very difficult to win with a quarterback taking huge percentage of your cap.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#553 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:20 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:

So you are hopping on Chiefs for the playoffs? seems weird but ok who cares. That 60 year ago bit sounds silly though.

Well I am a football fan and not just a Cowboys fan. So I am continuing to watch. Of the teams that are left I like the Chiefs. I’ve had an affinity for them since I was a kid, and yes because they originally started in Dallas. Not sure why that’s silly though. I mean there are tons of Oakland fans that root for the Raiders. Should only people in Vegas be allowed to root for them? What about the Rams? Are people in St Louis no longer allowed to roof for anyone? I think it’s more silly that this really bothers some people here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#554 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:21 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You’ll get no argument from me that Dak doesn’t deserve $60M.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#555 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:25 pm

last stand wrote:What’s going to happen is teams are going to see more benefit in just drafting guys and putting super teams around them

I personally would definitely not sign Baker to $40M. The Bucs will regret that midway through next season if they do. They would be just as good by signing another journeyman QB to much less. Or like you said, investing that $40M into the defense or the OL and then drafting a guy.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#556 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Who said anything about changing teams? Cowboys are still my team.

Well I am a football fan and not just a Cowboys fan. So I am continuing to watch. Of the teams that are left I like the Chiefs. I’ve had an affinity for them since I was a kid, and yes because they originally started in Dallas. Not sure why that’s silly though. I mean there are tons of Oakland fans that root for the Raiders. Should only people in Vegas be allowed to root for them? What about the Rams? Are people in St Louis no longer allowed to roof for anyone? I think it’s more silly that this really bothers some people here.

Well Raiders and Rams moved few years ago and everyone is old enough to remember, I dont think you remember the time Chiefs moved 60 years ago. Dont think it bothers anyone, it is just that there is a much higher chance someone would root for team like Chiefs because they have been so dominant and have the best quarterback maybe we have ever seen, rather than some obscure reference to 60 years ago. I see why people think you might be making up obscure reason but at the end doesnt matter lol like turco said you do you root for lakers and yankees if you want who cares.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#557 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:$40M for Baker? Good luck with that.

You’ll get no argument from me that Dak doesn’t deserve $60M.

I just think 40 Mil wont be a huge deal in couple years with these streaming deals, maybe same thing will apply to Dak I dunno but yeah most teams struggle after paying their qb.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#558 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:29 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Well Raiders and Rams moved few years ago and everyone is old enough to remember, I dont think you remember the time Chiefs moved 60 years ago. Dont think it bothers anyone, it is just that there is a much higher chance someone would root for team like Chiefs because they have been so dominant and have the best quarterback maybe we have ever seen, rather than some obscure reference to 60 years ago. I see why people think you might be making up obscure reason but at the end doesnt matter lol like turco said you do you root for lakers and yankees if you want who cares.

Turco seems to care a lot.
El Turco

Post#559 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Well I am a football fan and not just a Cowboys fan. So I am continuing to watch. Of the teams that are left I like the Chiefs. I’ve had an affinity for them since I was a kid, and yes because they originally started in Dallas. Not sure why that’s silly though. I mean there are tons of Oakland fans that root for the Raiders. Should only people in Vegas be allowed to root for them? What about the Rams? Are people in St Louis no longer allowed to roof for anyone? I think it’s more silly that this really bothers some people here.

You seem to care I care a lot. See how this works :lol:

wembambamya
Junior

Post#560 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Well I am a football fan and not just a Cowboys fan. So I am continuing to watch. Of the teams that are left I like the Chiefs. I’ve had an affinity for them since I was a kid, and yes because they originally started in Dallas. Not sure why that’s silly though. I mean there are tons of Oakland fans that root for the Raiders. Should only people in Vegas be allowed to root for them? What about the Rams? Are people in St Louis no longer allowed to roof for anyone? I think it’s more silly that this really bothers some people here.

He is taking the piss lol

Return to The General NFL Board