Redskins RB Portis: Vick can do what he wants

Moderator: bwgood77

lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#61 » by lpsevier » Tue May 29, 2007 7:45 pm

mopper8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

"anyone who doesn't make the same assumptions about animals as I do has 'issues'." ...?

:-?

No people who let dogs eat at the dinner table with them do. Its not hard to wrap your head around.

Thanks for playing though.

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,579

Post#62 » by dms269 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:51 pm

hippie wrote:Think the Falcons are wishing they hadn't traded Schaub?

Not at all. We got a starter in Chris Houston to improve out secondary and get an 2008 second rounder also. Harrington will do just fine if needed to start. We still have Horn, Robinson, White, Crumpler, Dunn, and Norwood.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#63 » by Ex-hippie » Tue May 29, 2007 11:34 pm

Well, I'll grant that they got a nice haul in exchange for Schaub, so maybe they don't regret it. But I don't see how any team quarterbacked by Joey Harrington could sniff the playoffs...
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#64 » by jumanji » Wed May 30, 2007 1:29 am

Not really because the QB of the future there(if at all possible) will be Brian Brohm out of Louisville.

I think this is the kind of offense that probably can be plea bargained down to basic stupidity, which Vick will have no trouble qualifying for. I would be more concerned with what the commish has to say about this, he is going to be more harsh than some judge who probably would want the guys autograph.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#65 » by UrbanLegendMD » Wed May 30, 2007 4:52 am

I don't see Vick convicted for another year, so he'll probably miss some games in 2008, and then Falcons can get a solid back up QB. Still, I pretty much despise Michael Vick now for being a pig.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#66 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed May 30, 2007 10:18 am

NO, they got 2(high) second rounders, for a guy who has proved less than Harrington.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
NO, they got 2(high) second rounders, for a guy who has proved less than Harrington.

Gee, why didn't I think of that? (Above.)

I'd prefer someone who has proved less than Harrington, considering what Harrington has proved -- i.e., that he's not a starting quarterback.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#68 » by mopper8 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:15 pm

lpsevier wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No people who let dogs eat at the dinner table with them do. Its not hard to wrap your head around.

Thanks for playing though.

Actually, it is hard to wrap my head around. You're drawing conclusions about people's psychology because they do things you don't like or think are silly. That's arrogant. The world doesn't revolve around you, nor does everyone in the world conform to your standards. Just because someone wants to be in close proximity to their pet while they dine does not mean they have "issues".

If anything, your complete inability to empathize with other species, or even other humans who have different values from you, smacks of "issues".
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by lpsevier » Wed May 30, 2007 3:54 pm

mopper8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Actually, it is hard to wrap my head around.

Did you try really hard?

You're drawing conclusions about people's psychology because they do things you don't like or think are silly. That's arrogant.

Yes, it is.

The world doesn't revolve around you, nor does everyone in the world conform to your standards.

You've grounded me, thank you.

Just because someone wants to be in close proximity to their pet while they dine does not mean they have "issues".

Yes it does - people that let their dog sit in a chair and eat with them at the table have issues. It is silly, unsanitary and reeks of "issues."

I appreciate the serious reply and life lessons so far, can't wait for the rest of the post.

If anything, your complete inability to empathize with other species, or even other humans who have different values from you, smacks of "issues".

I can't empathize with other species because I don't think its ok to let your dog eat @ the table with you? That must be what you're talking about, because I've constantly stated that I have a dog, love her, and think dog fighting is horrible.

And once again, I have to empathize we people who think dogs are on the same stratosphere as a sibling or a child, and even go so far as to dine with them? Doesn't really make sense chief. Are you sure empathize is really the word you wanted to use there? And smacks? Smacks of issues? If thats a physical threat.....

:lol:
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by lpsevier » Wed May 30, 2007 3:54 pm

"General" NFL Discussion > *
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 30, 2007 6:01 pm

lpsevier wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Yes it does - people that let their dog sit in a chair and eat with them at the table have issues. It is silly, unsanitary and reeks of "issues."

um, is there anyone who actually does that?

I don't think I could get my dog to sit in a chair if I tried. At least not longer than the 20-30 seconds it takes her to get through her bowl of dog food.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by Ex-hippie » Thu May 31, 2007 10:55 pm

Looks like Vick is screwed.

Sure, innocent until proven guilty, blah blah blah. If he's proven guilty, he needs to do time.

Return to The General NFL Board