9%

Total votes: 35

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: Predict who wins MVP 

Post#641 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:Having good weapons never a knock against a good quarterback, never mattered for Peyton, Warner, Montana etc. Good quarterback makes those weapons go.

Purdy could be throwing to entire NFC pro bowl team but if other guy needs 100+ more attempts to get the same yards and double the red zone attempts to get the same touchdowns, it isnt a comparison. And advanced stats bear this. At the end they are all throwing to professionals.

Perhaps it also says that the Niner WR's have the best YAK and some of the other QB's don't have that luxury.

We've been thru that before, Purdy gets the most YAC but he also gets most yards before the YAC per attempt.

Having a good team hurts Purdy more than anything, by my count Niners had 10 games where Purdy was essentially taken out of the game playcalling wise for the last quarter or two because of blowouts, 11 if you count the Ravens game. That's lot of game time missed where he couldnt accumulate stats.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#642 » by Mariner » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:25 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mariner wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Yeah I was looking at some of them, couple of the authors I like also uses ANY/A

1. Purdy 9.01
2. Tua 7.65
3. Lamar 7.34
4. Stroud 7.32
5. Dak 7.19

Outside of Tua, this is not too far from how I would rank them from eye test for this season.

In comparison this is the QB Rating

1. Purdy 113
2. Dak 104
3. Cousins 104
4. Tua 103
5. Lamar 103

ESPN's QBR

1. Purdy 73
2. Dak 71
3. Allen 68
4. Lamar 65
5. Herbert 64

Interesting enough espn's qbr seems to be the only one that has Josh Allen high, obviously he is not a MVP candidate but top 5 is more accurate for him as opposed to 10th or 15th.

It is already posted but just as a comparison EPA/DB (ignoring Mason Randolph)

1. Purdy 0.33
2. Dak 0.23
3. Tua 0.19
4. Allen 0.19
5. Love 0.15

This one is litte bit more suspect with Jordan Love in there lol and I am guessing rushing is not included considering how far behind Lamar is.

Only one where Purdy is not the top or near the top is ELO 538 ranking that was in that EPA dropback site, but in that Dak is also relatively bad

1. Josh Allen
2. Lamar
3. Cousins
4 . Hurts
5. Dak
6. Purdy

I also checked how much offensive points scored per game just to see the silliness lol

1. San Francisco 28.9
2. Baltimore 28.6
2. Miami 28.6
4. Detroit 26.6
5. Dallas 26.3

Obviously Dallas has gotten lot of help in scoring department from their defense, but also I didnt think Baltimore would be this high.

Also wanted to see the play calling near the goalline, Shanahan doing Purdy disservice lol. Purdy has 25 attempts inside 10 yards while Dak for example almost has double with 47. It is crazy that they have almost same touchdown numbers. Mahomes leads this with 50 attempts inside 10 yards. Josh Allen also only has 26 attempts but he also gets 45 percent of Bills' carries inside the 5 yards, only him and Hurts are that high as a quarterback. And one thing I couldnt figure out is who gets the credit for field goals if total touchdowns are the only thing matters lol

Anyway, MVP or not Purdy obviously had the best year statistically which is remarkable for a 7th round sophmore, maybe if he was drafted 1st overall he would have won the MVP, dunno. He seems to be something between Kurt Warner and Tom Brady where it will take some time until people are convinced that he is for real.

Not MVP type of year but we have to admit Dak also had a very good year, we'll see how he handles the playoffs but he showed that Dallas can win with at least at home. They also have really solid defense and a kicker so they'll be favorites to go to NFC championship and they will likely be underdogs against Niners there but in one game situations you never know, Purdy might have another off night and Dallas might roll who knows.

Lamar's numbers look better than I thought, looks like he went on a tear last couple weeks, so he might be behind statistically but he is certainly a worthy MVP, did his best against the best teams. Also I agree with that other dude that Josh Allen has played much better than some of his raw stats indicate, his team took a step back and he is not a MVP candidate but I'd watch out for him in playoffs.

Lastly, I looked my guy Baker's stats, he is mostly in 8-12 range which is muuuch better than I expected before the season, I still favor drafting a young quarterback but at the spot we are drafting we wont be able to probably so I dont mind rolling with him another year.

After reading this post. I never ever want to hear you complain about grammar or sentence structure again.
I got to the point where I had to stop counting the mistakes.

I had no problem understanding any of it and English isnt even my native language.

I had no problems either but there was a large amount of errors. Normally I don’t bother pointing this out but he felt the need to do so. Was just pointing out his hypocrisy.
wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#643 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:13 pm

I wasnt pointing out your grammar mistakes. I was pointing out your post is missing words that makes the point you are trying to convey illegible. and then irony of calling another person stupid of course lmao
wembambamya
Junior

Post#644 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:16 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
El Turco wrote:Having good weapons never a knock against a good quarterback, never mattered for Peyton, Warner, Montana etc. Good quarterback makes those weapons go.

Purdy could be throwing to entire NFC pro bowl team but if other guy needs 100+ more attempts to get the same yards and double the red zone attempts to get the same touchdowns, it isnt a comparison. And advanced stats bear this. At the end they are all throwing to professionals.

Perhaps it also says that the Niner WR's have the best YAK and some of the other QB's don't have that luxury.

We've been thru that before, Purdy gets the most YAC but he also gets most yards before the YAC per attempt.

Having a good team hurts Purdy more than anything, by my count Niners had 10 games where Purdy was essentially taken out of the game playcalling wise for the last quarter or two because of blowouts, 11 if you count the Ravens game. That's lot of game time missed where he couldnt accumulate stats.

I feel like every week you are dispelling same myths over and over again ahaha must be tiring
wembambamya
Junior

Post#645 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
I did what your point lmao? you cant even form a sentence and expect people to figure it out ahahahahah

Honest question here.
How old are you?

I’m guessing he was born about the time the Bucs won their 1st SB.

No, but I had one of the best sex of my life on the eve of Bucs winning the first Super Bowl with a gal who was an Eagles fan, Bucs screwed Eagles week before and I...
El Turco

Post#646 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:37 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Perhaps it also says that the Niner WR's have the best YAK and some of the other QB's don't have that luxury.

I feel like every week you are dispelling same myths over and over again ahaha must be tiring

Happy to help, but I do feel we covered pretty much every angle of this and then some

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#647 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:52 pm

There are several people that are regular posters here that would disagree with you. Dak was constantly undervalued for having great weapons around him. Purdy is only great because he has an elite talent around him.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#648 » by last stand » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:19 pm

Mr B wrote:

There are several people that are regular posters here that would disagree with you. Dak was constantly undervalued for having great weapons around him. Purdy is only great because he has an elite talent around him.

Yeah I mean I guess the real test will come this postseason. I mean as a rookie purdy already advanced further than dak has. And that’s including dak with the #1 seed/ all star team around him in 2016 as a rookie

So I guess if dak with the #2 seed can’t get to a conference title game this season I guess it would be deeper than having great players around them.
Mariner
Senior

Post#649 » by Mariner » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:29 pm

wembambamya wrote:I wasnt pointing out your grammar mistakes. I was pointing out your post is missing words that makes the point you are trying to convey illegible. and then irony of calling another person stupid of course lmao

The irony is that your posts are always missing words.
Try and think before you post.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#650 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:07 pm

last stand wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yeah I mean I guess the real test will come this postseason. I mean as a rookie purdy already advanced further than dak has. And that’s including dak with the #1 seed/ all star team around him in 2016 as a rookie

So I guess if dak with the #2 seed can’t get to a conference title game this season I guess it would be deeper than having great players around them.

If we’re talking playoffs that’s a different story. We all know Dak hasn’t done crap in the playoffs. I also still stand on that I expect him to **** the bed again these playoffs. Until he shows me something different he is what he is.

And what he is, is also an MVP caliber QB during the regular season. Unlike a certain poster here that fails to acknowledge I actually believe that Jackson deserves the award and will win it. Dak though has been in serious consideration as has Purdy, Tyreek, and 1 or 2 other guys. For some reason some people get really bent out of have about that.
El Turco

Post#651 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:19 pm

Mr B wrote:

Those same regular Cowboys posters will have to watch Purdy dice their defense years to come, so their nervousness is expected. Dak is not believed because he has as many playoffs wins in 7 years as Purdy has in one year.

wembambamya
Junior

Post#652 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:37 pm

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mr B wrote:There are several people that are regular posters here that would disagree with you. Dak was constantly undervalued for having great weapons around him. Purdy is only great because he has an elite talent around him.

If we’re talking playoffs that’s a different story. We all know Dak hasn’t done crap in the playoffs. I also still stand on that I expect him to **** the bed again these playoffs. Until he shows me something different he is what he is.

And what he is, is also an MVP caliber QB during the regular season. Unlike a certain poster here that fails to acknowledge I actually believe that Jackson deserves the award and will win it. Dak though has been in serious consideration as has Purdy, Tyreek, and 1 or 2 other guys. For some reason some people get really bent out of have about that.

Mr B wrote:Don’t look now but there is still a chance that Dak wins the MVP. Dak is 2nd in voting at the moment and Jackson is sitting out the final week. If Dak has a huge game against the Commies there’s a chance he wins the MVP, even though I still think Jackson should win it regardless if he plays this weekend or not.

Mr B wrote:Even though I don’t think he should win it I think there is still a very good chance that Dak wins it. Most voters I feel are still going to want to give it to a QB. If Dak has a good showing against the Commies (credit to Otis) and the Cowboys finish as the 2 seed I think there’s a very good chance he wins it.

Have you changed your mind about Dak having a very good chance? Nothing wrong if you did, just your outbursts are misplaced in my opinion ahah
wembambamya
Junior

Post#653 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:38 pm

Mariner wrote:
wembambamya wrote:I wasnt pointing out your grammar mistakes. I was pointing out your post is missing words that makes the point you are trying to convey illegible. and then irony of calling another person stupid of course lmao

The irony is that your posts are always missing words.
Try and think before you post.

you are just repeating what I say to you
Mr B
RealGM

Post#654 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:45 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Those same regular Cowboys posters will have to watch Purdy dice their defense years to come, so their nervousness is expected. Dak is not believed because he has as many playoffs wins in 7 years as Purdy has in one year.

There’s a big difference between regular season Dak and playoff Dak. Regular season Dak is MVP caliber, playoff Dak is Tony Romo. Fun to watch just can’t get it done.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#655 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:50 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:

Mr B wrote:Don’t look now but there is still a chance that Dak wins the MVP. Dak is 2nd in voting at the moment and Jackson is sitting out the final week. If Dak has a huge game against the Commies there’s a chance he wins the MVP, even though I still think Jackson should win it regardless if he plays this weekend or not.

Mr B wrote:Even though I don’t think he should win it I think there is still a very good chance that Dak wins it. Most voters I feel are still going to want to give it to a QB. If Dak has a good showing against the Commies (credit to Otis) and the Cowboys finish as the 2 seed I think there’s a very good chance he wins it.

Have you changed your mind about Dak having a very good chance? Nothing wrong if you did, just your outbursts are misplaced in my opinion ahah

No I still think he has a very good chance. Lamar isn’t playing this week. If Dak lights up Washington and plays great and the Cowboys get the 2 seed and win the NFC East I do still think there’s a very good chance he could win the MVP award. I’m not saying it’s guaranteed, but there is a good chance. Anyone who can’t see that must have some other agenda or just simply hates the Cowboys. Dak has the stats, and is QB of one of the top teams.
El Turco

Post#656 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:55 pm

Yet he is behind other candidates in stats or team record, or both. Not happening.

El Turco

Post#657 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:59 pm

I do think Cowboys have a decent chance to get to conference title though, NFC field is really weak outside of Niners and maybe and that's a big maybe Eagles team that switched it on. Even Dak should be able to take advantage of this field at home on his way to another loss in Santa Clara.

Which would buy him another 8 years I guess.

wembambamya
Junior

Post#658 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:06 pm

El Turco wrote:Yet he is behind other candidates in stats or team record, or both. Not happening.

Straight up delusional lmao, really thinks they would sit Lamar if he hadnt lock up the MVP ahaha.

Pretty sure after Cowboys 18th game their fans will try to make a case with Dak's total numbers, "look now he has more passing yards, hE HaS a GrEaT ChAnCe", I reaally hope they put their money where their mouth is, Vegas was built like this lol
Mr B
RealGM

Post#659 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:09 pm

El Turco wrote:I do think Cowboys have a decent chance to get to conference title though, NFC field is really weak outside of Niners and maybe and that's a big maybe Eagles team that switched it on. Even Dak should be able to take advantage of this field at home on his way to another loss in Santa Clara.

Which would buy him another 8 years I guess.

This is probably the weakest (outside of the Niners) the NFC has been in a long while. If there is any year that has ever lined up perfectly for the Cowboys it’s this year. With that said I do not have faith in playoff Dak. Until he shows me he can win in the playoffs I don’t believe he can.
Mariner
Senior

Post#660 » by Mariner » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:12 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:Yet he is behind other candidates in stats or team record, or both. Not happening.

Straight up delusional lmao, really thinks they would sit Lamar if he hadnt lock up the MVP ahaha.

Pretty sure after Cowboys 18th game their fans will try to make a case with Dak's total numbers, "look now he has more passing yards, hE HaS a GrEaT ChAnCe", I reaally hope they put their money where their mouth is, Vegas was built like this lol

You actually think the decision of whether to start or rest Jackson had anything to do with the MVP?
This is delusional.

Return to The General NFL Board