Moderator: bwgood77

Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Re: Week 15 Thread. 

Post#661 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:48 am

Mamba42 wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:I'm kidding, but a convo is needed about Hurts and the turnovers. Seems like people are mostly ignoring them in national media at least

They’re bad lol

What else is there to say. He’s doing it too much, I also don’t think Brian Johnson is doing him any favors

The offense is basically AJ or Devonta winning. Most of his INTs are up the field. Comparing the eagles to other good offenses and it just seems like other teams have guys getting open and the eagles seem like guys are just kinda not

And it’s not a talent issue. It’s a play calling issue, it’s an offensive design issue.

Yeah it's not been good. It seems like maybe they got into too much of the mindset of first and 9 and the tush push so they kind of dialed things down. They don't play with any dynamism and, like you said, it is rare to see a guy open deep. I guess Quez was open deep today but the throw was late/short.

I'm more concerned with Hurts' last interception. Why in the world would you throw that? He's playing like Dak last year trying to be a hero when a check down there will get them into FG range with how soft Seattle was playing

Yeah he didn’t need to go deep on that last play. I agree with that.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#662 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:48 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Hurts had just 143 yards passing. 80 yards rushing.

There was a criticism that despite all the numbers he put up the last two seasons, he’s still a 1 or 2-read QB, which was his shortcoming at Alabama.

He’s a big playmaker though and he has very good weapons, except a pass catching threat out of the backfield.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#663 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:48 am

Giants are licking their chops. :nod:
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#664 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:49 am

Mamba42 wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:I'm kidding, but a convo is needed about Hurts and the turnovers. Seems like people are mostly ignoring them in national media at least

They’re bad lol

What else is there to say. He’s doing it too much, I also don’t think Brian Johnson is doing him any favors

The offense is basically AJ or Devonta winning. Most of his INTs are up the field. Comparing the eagles to other good offenses and it just seems like other teams have guys getting open and the eagles seem like guys are just kinda not

And it’s not a talent issue. It’s a play calling issue, it’s an offensive design issue.

Yeah it's not been good. It seems like maybe they got into too much of the mindset of first and 9 and the tush push so they kind of dialed things down. They don't play with any dynamism and, like you said, it is rare to see a guy open deep. I guess Quez was open deep today but the throw was late/short.

I'm more concerned with Hurts' last interception. Why in the world would you throw that? He's playing like Dak last year trying to be a hero when a check down there will get them into FG range with how soft Seattle was playing

It’s like they think they have the line and the WRs so they can just have guys win

It’s a weak offensive system right now. I don’t like it, I think it’s slow, plodding, uninteresting.

Jalen is at fault but I remember in 2018-2020 when the eagles had worse WRs but there were videos upon videos of open WRs that Carson wentz was missing

This offense is the reverse. Jalen misses people sometimes but most of the time no one’s open, that’s bad

That means it’s moreso a scheming issue. It means defenses are wise to both scheme and playcalling

That’s concerning. An offense with swift, brown, smith and goedert should not feel like pulling teeth. It’s not like the whole offensive line is injured

I think Brian Johnson might suck. I didn’t want to believe it but he might

But this is also on Nick. He needs to release his offense and build a new one
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#665 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:53 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:I think the problem on that one is jalen took too long to throw the ball. That throw traveled almost 60 yards. He needed to throw it earlier, that was one of the issues he had last year, taking too long to throw. Every half second you hold onto the ball you almost gotta throw an extra 10-15 yards and I think that was a perfect example

Yeah which is frustrating, Brian Johnson isn’t the sole issue, and there he actually dialed up the right play. But to be up 10-0 and lose 20-17 is just embarassing by the offense

I agree that BJ isn’t the only issue but I also think the eagles need to get way more creative in situational play calling. They had the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to run the clock out and mostly just saw a bunch of basic run plays to set up a 3rd and long. That’s not making things easier..lol

Oh yeah 100%

It looks like the eagles call the wrong plays at the worst times

Like with the screens today lmao. Literally every screen was at the worst time and the defense sniffed them out

I mean, ever. Single. One.

That’s concerning. It genuinely feels like everytime the offense calls a play it’s really bad timing

I’d consider trying out the QB coach who’s supposed to be smart
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#666 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:53 am

last stand wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:
last stand wrote:
They’re bad lol

It’s like they think they have the line and the WRs so they can just have guys win

It’s a weak offensive system right now. I don’t like it, I think it’s slow, plodding, uninteresting.

Jalen is at fault but I remember in 2018-2020 when the eagles had worse WRs but there were videos upon videos of open WRs that Carson wentz was missing

This offense is the reverse. Jalen misses people sometimes but most of the time no one’s open, that’s bad

That means it’s moreso a scheming issue. It means defenses are wise to both scheme and playcalling

That’s concerning. An offense with swift, brown, smith and goedert should not feel like pulling teeth. It’s not like the whole offensive line is injured

Problem is Brian Johnson and Jalen hurts have known each other for like 20 years.lol I think the eagles need to move on but Jalen hurts needs to also be ready to move on
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#667 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:54 am

wco81 wrote:

There was a criticism that despite all the numbers he put up the last two seasons, he’s still a 1 or 2-read QB, which was his shortcoming at Alabama.

He’s a big playmaker though and he has very good weapons, except a pass catching threat out of the backfield.

That may be true

But that’s actually fine if there are open people lol.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#668 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:56 am

Locke was awesome. But I'm giving MVP to that running back. That dude ran crazy
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
wco81
RealGM

Post#669 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:56 am

last stand wrote:
wco81 wrote:

That may be true

But that’s actually fine if there are open people lol.

Well he could extend plays or make big runs.

Just 3 weeks ago, he was the leading MVP candidate and put up ton of points and yards in the last Super Bowl.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#670 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:57 am

last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Yeah which is frustrating, Brian Johnson isn’t the sole issue, and there he actually dialed up the right play. But to be up 10-0 and lose 20-17 is just embarassing by the offense

I agree that BJ isn’t the only issue but I also think the eagles need to get way more creative in situational play calling. They had the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to run the clock out and mostly just saw a bunch of basic run plays to set up a 3rd and long. That’s not making things easier..lol

Oh yeah 100%

Like with the screens today lmao. Literally every screen was at the worst time and the defense sniffed them out

That’s concerning. It genuinely feels like everytime the offense calls a play it’s really bad timing

This is offseason talk but I’d look at college on offense and look to see who’s available around the nfl on defense. If saleh is fired for some reason, the eagles need to make sure he’s their next DC.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#671 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:57 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:

Problem is Brian Johnson and Jalen hurts have known each other for like 20 years.lol I think the eagles need to move on but Jalen hurts needs to also be ready to move on

I mean it’s pretty bad

All they have to do is watch the screen passes today. How does a defense stop the screen passes every time

That’s nuts. Screens are supposed to be called with purpose and to catch a defense off guard. It’s pretty nuts to get it wrong every time lol
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#672 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:58 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Locke was awesome. But I'm giving MVP to that running back. That dude ran crazy

I think I’d give it to Julian love but that running back was right behind in my opinion
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#673 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:00 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:I agree that BJ isn’t the only issue but I also think the eagles need to get way more creative in situational play calling. They had the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to run the clock out and mostly just saw a bunch of basic run plays to set up a 3rd and long. That’s not making things easier..lol

Oh yeah 100%

This is offseason talk but I’d look at college on offense and look to see who’s available around the nfl on defense. If saleh is fired for some reason, the eagles need to make sure he’s their next DC.

I mean, there’s gotta be someone out there with a feel, I just want someone who’s got instincts with playcalling

And the defense needs a pretty big overhaul in the back. The line is fine. But the back 7 is in shambles.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#674 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:03 am

Give Alex Tanney a shot calling plays. Tbh I don’t think this season has any real potential, so may as well try out tanney to see if he’s got any playcalling chops

Johnson may be a good coach, but he doesn’t have playcalling flair. He doesn’t have that knack, I do think it’s a talent and it’s one I’m not so sure he has
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#675 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:03 am

last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Oh yeah 100%

I mean, there’s gotta be someone out there with a feel, I just want someone who’s got instincts with playcalling

And the defense needs a pretty big overhaul in the back. The line is fine. But the back 7 is in shambles.

I think ringo, brown, and blankenship might be keepers but I think everybody else needs to go. Nakobe dean is a maybe for me but he’s always injured.lol that’s a lotta guys to replace
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#676 » by Jaydubb » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:05 am

last stand wrote:Give Alex Tanney a shot calling plays. Tbh I don’t think this season has any real potential, so may as well try out tanney to see if he’s got any playcalling chops

Johnson may be a good coach, but he doesn’t have playcalling flair. He doesn’t have that knack, I do think it’s a talent and it’s one I’m not so sure he has

Oh there’s absolutely no way I see anything happening in the playoffs as is. There’s too many issues. I’m almost giving up on this years team at this point. I’m almost there.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#677 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:06 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:This is offseason talk but I’d look at college on offense and look to see who’s available around the nfl on defense. If saleh is fired for some reason, the eagles need to make sure he’s their next DC.

I think ringo, brown, and blankenship might be keepers but I think everybody else needs to go. Nakobe dean is a maybe for me but he’s always injured.lol that’s a lotta guys to replace

Yeah not bringing back TJ edwards was huge. I like ringo, ricks, Blankenship, and brown

I don’t like slay (anymore), bradberry, any of the LBs

But also the eagles just need better in general. More talent. I don’t think it’s a quick fix personally
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#678 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:07 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Locke was awesome. But I'm giving MVP to that running back. That dude ran crazy

Lock played well. But Walker, Love & Metcalf we're all clutch. Walker pretty much kept them in the game for the most part.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#679 » by last stand » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:08 am

Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:Give Alex Tanney a shot calling plays. Tbh I don’t think this season has any real potential, so may as well try out tanney to see if he’s got any playcalling chops

Oh there’s absolutely no way I see anything happening in the playoffs as is. There’s too many issues. I’m almost giving up on this years team at this point. I’m almost there.

I honestly am there already and maybe they surprise me. But these last 3 weeks the bottom has fallen out. I still believe in Nick and Jalen. But both 100% need to be better. I don’t believe in Patricia and Johnson. I don’t believe in the back 7. It’s just too easy for teams to pick on them in the middle of the field. And bradberry is an easy PI or deep ball
wco81
RealGM

Post#680 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:14 am

last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:

Yeah not bringing back TJ edwards was huge. I like ringo, ricks, Blankenship, and brown

I don’t like slay (anymore), bradberry, any of the LBs

But also the eagles just need better in general. More talent. I don’t think it’s a quick fix personally

Last year they were saying the Eagles had the best roster by a big margin.

Plus they had a high FRP. But they had a ridiculous number of sacks which was going to be hard to repeat back to back.

Return to The General NFL Board