Dak Prescott thread

Moderator: bwgood77

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Re: Dak Prescott thread 

Post#761 » by last stand » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:08 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:When your defense allowed the packers and Jordan Love that type of game, even an error free Dak would not have mattered

Down 7-0 cowboys have a drive to tie, punt.

Cowboys defense stops Green Bay the packers punt

Dak throws an INT and now the packers are at the 10 and score a TD

It’s 14-0, cowboys punt again

Packers score on the defense make it 20-0

Dak throws a pick 6 now it’s 27-0 game over.

And if everyone forgets dak also threw a pick in the endzone that was a gimme and was dropped. Which ended up 27-7. However let’s be real, he threw a pick but we’ll say that’s a wash so 27-7.

I see 2 punts, a disastrous interception, another punt and then a pick 6

What world is it the defense. They didn’t play good but it’s pretty hard to succeed when your offense can’t score and is giving the packers 14 points

Dak lost them that game. Plain and simple.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#762 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 pm

400 yards and 3 TD's!!!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#763 » by Mariner » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:20 pm

last stand wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:When your defense allowed the packers and Jordan Love that type of game, even an error free Dak would not have mattered

And if everyone forgets dak also threw a pick in the endzone that was a gimme and was dropped. Which ended up 27-7. However let’s be real, he threw a pick but we’ll say that’s a wash so 27-7.

What world is it the defense. They didn’t play good but it’s pretty hard to succeed when your offense can’t score and is giving the packers 14 points

It was definitely Daks fault. There is no defending him.
In fact I want him gone.
But the defense shares a lot of blame. It wasn’t just the opening TD. It was the time of possession. I think the cowboys had one possession in the first quarter. When they got the ball they had to run a bit to rest the defense. It completely threw Dak off. Then Dak felt pressured to force some plays.
Again we shouldn’t have a QB that is so easily rattled but the defense was atrocious. I think Love had 4 incompletions.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,232

Post#764 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:21 pm

I blame Dak #1 overall. He was an absolute disaster. 2 ints and then like 2 others that were luckily dropped.

I'm not trying to excuse him when I say this, but the reality is we win that game with a competent defense. Dak still threw 3 TDs and the offense still scored 32 points. Good defenses can survive a pick-6.

I'm ready to part with Dak. I love the guy, but it's time for a change of scenery. So you don't have to convince me that Dak is not the guy.

But it was a total team failure, and not just Dak.

I've never seen so much blown coverage.

I'm down on Parsons, where were the sacks? Any sacks??? Love was sacked ZERO times.

Even our star kicker choked an extra point.

McCarthy had putrid play calling early.

Like nothing went well, everyone sucked. It was just awful everywhere.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#765 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:27 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I blame Dak

Micah Prescott wrote:I'm down on Parsons

Is it possible to change usernames here?
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#766 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:45 pm

It might actually be best for Dak to go to a team without expectations. Like the Falcons.

Problem is Cowboys are picking 24th in the draft with their 12 wins.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#767 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:51 pm

Not trying to rub it in anymore than I already have for over 3 years now, but what more evidence does a new generation Cowboy fan need to see that Dak is not the guy.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#768 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:57 pm

last stand wrote:

Dak had 2 passes that should have been picks but were dropped by the defender right? He should have had at least 4 picks in this game.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#769 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:58 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:

It was definitely Daks fault. There is no defending him.
In fact I want him gone.
But the defense shares a lot of blame. It wasn’t just the opening TD. It was the time of possession. I think the cowboys had one possession in the first quarter. When they got the ball they had to run a bit to rest the defense. It completely threw Dak off. Then Dak felt pressured to force some plays.
Again we shouldn’t have a QB that is so easily rattled but the defense was atrocious. I think Love had 4 incompletions.

The defense definitely deserves blame too. For all the **** Micah Parsons (the player not the poster) talks he didn’t do nearly enough. The entire defensive philosophy needs to change.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#770 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:00 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I blame Dak

Micah Prescott wrote:I'm down on Parsons

Is it possible to change usernames here?

yeah lol

I need to create a CeeDee Bland account or soemthing.

No wait, both of them sucked yesterday too smh.

Maybe I'll wait to see who the next head coach is and create an account with his name, I need to purge the existing roster from my identity.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#771 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:yeah lol

I need to create a CeeDee Bland account or soemthing.

No wait, both of them sucked yesterday too smh.

Maybe I'll wait to see who the next head coach is and create an account with his name, I need to purge the existing roster from my identity.

My recommendation is to go with something from the past. :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#772 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:02 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not trying to rub it in anymore than I already have for over 3 years now, but what more evidence does a new generation Cowboy fan need to see that Dak is not the guy.

I'm ready to change from him. But what is the best way to go about that?

Let him play out his contract and then just let him walk?

Probably too much dead cap to just cut him but we can use next year to groom his replacement while he plays it out.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#773 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:04 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:It might actually be best for Dak to go to a team without expectations. Like the Falcons.

Problem is Cowboys are picking 24th in the draft with their 12 wins.

Good players can still be found late in the 1st. The Cowboys could also trade up into the middle of the 1st to draft a QB or could trade up into the top of the 2nd.

If they are going to go that route though they HAVE to fix the OL and RB positions. Pollard showed everyone this season that he’s not an RB1. He’s a change of pace back only. Also he’s now older and more expensive. Time to complete change the RB room in Dallas. Finding a competent LT and Center and RT are a must. It may take a couple of drafts to fix all of that though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#774 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:08 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not trying to rub it in anymore than I already have for over 3 years now, but what more evidence does a new generation Cowboy fan need to see that Dak is not the guy.

Probably too much dead cap to just cut him but we can use next year to groom his replacement while he plays it out.

Honestly the best way to move on from Dak would be to just designate him a post June 1st cut and split the cap hit into 2 seasons. Just bite the bullet and take the cap hit. Tank for 1 season and go into the ‘25 draft with a top 5 pick, get your QB (Manning?).
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#775 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:26 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Honestly the best way to move on from Dak would be to just designate him a post June 1st cut and split the cap hit into 2 seasons. Just bite the bullet and take the cap hit. Tank for 1 season and go into the ‘25 draft with a top 5 pick, get your QB (Manning?).

While you might be right, I highly doubt the front office would be willing to take a hit like that in an effort to get high draft placement.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#776 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

While you might be right, I highly doubt the front office would be willing to take a hit like that in an effort to get high draft placement.

Jerry certainly wouldn’t, I would think so anyways. They have a $62M dead cap number for Dak in ‘24. So designating him a June 1st cut would mean they have a $31M cap hit in ‘24 and ‘25. That’s steep but not undoable.

They could keep Dak for 1 more season and then designate him a June 1st cut next off season he would have a dead cap number of $16M for each season. That’s more realistic but do you want Dak to play here through an obvious lame duck season?

They could trade Dak. In spite of his playoff performances there would still be a trade market for him. Not exaxtly sure what that market is. Also Dak has a no trade clause in his contract so he would have to agree to the team.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#777 » by Mariner » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Honestly the best way to move on from Dak would be to just designate him a post June 1st cut and split the cap hit into 2 seasons. Just bite the bullet and take the cap hit. Tank for 1 season and go into the ‘25 draft with a top 5 pick, get your QB (Manning?).

Jerry certainly wouldn’t, I would think so anyways. They have a $62M dead cap number for Dak in ‘24. So designating him a June 1st cut would mean they have a $31M cap hit in ‘24 and ‘25. That’s steep but not undoable.

They could keep Dak for 1 more season and then designate him a June 1st cut next off season he would have a dead cap number of $16M for each season. That’s more realistic but do you want Dak to play here through an obvious lame duck season?

They could trade Dak. In spite of his playoff performances there would still be a trade market for him. Not exaxtly sure what that market is. Also Dak has a no trade clause in his contract so he would have to agree to the team.

Trading Dak and going cheap on QB would be ideal.
I don’t see it happening but would love it.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,406

Post#778 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:51 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Even if they get the next "generational" QB prospect, there are no guarantees.

Luck didn't win, did lift his team to the playoffs.

Trevor has led the team to the playoffs but they're not a contender yet and he's about to get paid.

Caleb is suppose to be the next MVP type of QB. We will see.

Even if they get the top pick and he plays like Stroud at least, that may still not be enough.

What do you do for next season with Parsons, Lamb and Pollard?

Pay them a ton of money for a tanking team?

Dak may not be that guy either but at least he's put up MVP numbers. Again, it's up to the owner to reset and blow it up.

I wonder where the whole fanbase is? They may be pissed at McCarthy and Dak and Quinn.

But any decisions made in this emotional state may not work out the best.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#779 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:59 pm

wco81 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Honestly the best way to move on from Dak would be to just designate him a post June 1st cut and split the cap hit into 2 seasons. Just bite the bullet and take the cap hit. Tank for 1 season and go into the ‘25 draft with a top 5 pick, get your QB (Manning?).

Even if they get the next "generational" QB prospect, there are no guarantees.

Luck didn't win, did lift his team to the playoffs.

Trevor has led the team to the playoffs but they're not a contender yet and he's about to get paid.

Caleb is suppose to be the next MVP type of QB. We will see.

Even if they get the top pick and he plays like Stroud at least, that may still not be enough.

What do you do for next season with Parsons, Lamb and Pollard?

Pay them a ton of money for a tanking team?

Dak may not be that guy either but at least he's put up MVP numbers. Again, it's up to the owner to reset and blow it up.

I wonder where the whole fanbase is? They may be pissed at McCarthy and Dak and Quinn.

But any decisions made in this emotional state may not work out the best.

I agree 100% that allowing time to pass is ideal for making a good decision. Knee jerking is real and while I want to gut the entire roster today I'll come to my senses tomorrow.

I also agree that it is very difficult to find a generational QB. It also take time, years. Which is why this hurts. Knowing there is no quick solution. And yeah I do not think Stroud would have won this game yesterday. The lack of defense was too much to overcome.

I also think straight up tanking a season from the get go never happens in the NFL. It might happen late in a season. But I do not think any GM or owner has ever set out to loose pre-week 1.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,406

Post#780 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:08 pm

I never once thought that 49ers should have moved on from Steve Young when he was unable to get the team a SB ring.

Then again the salaries weren't crazy like they are now and there wasn't a salary cap.

But I don't think it was even on the radar of 49ers fans at the time that the team should tank and try to start again with a young QB.

There were certainly a lot of fans who attacked the front office and Walsh and Seifert for getting rid of Montana too early but there was no talk about getting rid of Young.

He had a huge monkey on his back but finally when he got it off, it was one of the most dominant performances in SB history.

Return to The General NFL Board