Week 13 Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Re: Week 13 Thread 

Post#841 » by skones » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:00 am

wco81 wrote:They got away with a push on the Hail Mary play too.

Didn't watch most of those games. How many drops by KC WRs?

If you believe that was PI on the Hail Mary, you believe there has been PI on every single Hail Mary ever thrown.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#842 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:01 am

Looks to me like the Eagles only lost because of all the injuries. Even the QB had to leave the game.

I'm sure a rematch would go differently.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,334

Post#843 » by wco81 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:08 am

skones wrote:

If you believe that was PI on the Hail Mary, you believe there has been PI on every single Hail Mary ever thrown.

Is that true?

The guys trailing Kelce didn't even go for the ball, just shoved him before he could go for the ball

Hey but more power to them if they got away with it.

If the situation were reversed, would you just be saying WRs get shoved all the times on Hail Marys?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#844 » by skones » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:16 am

wco81 wrote:
skones wrote:

Is that true?

The guys trailing Kelce didn't even go for the ball, just shoved him before he could go for the ball

Hey but more power to them if they got away with it.

If the situation were reversed, would you just be saying WRs get shoved all the times on Hail Marys?

The "shove" is entirely overstated as he's actively moving back into Jonathan Owens space for the jump ball, space Owens has a right to as he's at the spot first. The word "shove" is extreme given the contact that actually occurred. There's a reason Kelce didn't even complain about a no call. The jostling always happens in a jump ball end of game situation. He wasn't actually in position to be a threat to catch the ball anyway.

WRs are constantly shoved and jostled with in a mess of a jump ball hail mary. That's what the play is. That's not an exception, it's the rule and it's officiated differently as a result. It's just a bush league complaint.

The PI on the deep throw earlier was an egregiously bad call, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for anything the Chiefs got given they were gifted A LOT of time between the personal foul when Mahomes was in bounds, the MVS forward progress non call that gave him the sideline when the clock should have continued to run, and the complete lack of 10 second run off during the non-fumble.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,334

Post#845 » by wco81 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:38 am

Yes WRs and DBs hand battle all the time and only a fraction of such interactions are flagged.

That is the situation but I would never defend it.

That is why NFL officiating offends so many fans, the inconsistency of it and so many plays which are technically infractions but they can't call all of them, just like the Seahawks used to commit PI and holds all the time but only a fraction got called and now several of that secondary will be Hall of Famers.

Of course if the NFL ever had the balls to include "judgement calls" for replay review, then it will open a whole new can of worms.

All we can do is shrug and say it is what it is. And that has included some big playoffs games unfortunately, but not SuperBowls, at last not yet.

And even then, players, coaches and fans have been conditioned to expect that whistles will be swallowed at end of games.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#846 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 5:59 am

QB_Eagles wrote:Looks to me like the Eagles only lost because of all the injuries. Even the QB had to leave the game.

That was an acceptable excuse last time, so I guess we can try it..lmaoo
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#847 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:41 am

Jaydubb wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Looks to me like the Eagles only lost because of all the injuries. Even the QB had to leave the game.

I realize you guys are joking but all those comments from last year from 49ers fans were all pretty much validated.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#848 » by last stand » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:15 am

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:

I realize you guys are joking but all those comments from last year from 49ers fans were all pretty much validated.

Yeah because there were no differences going into this game than there were going into the last game

Including the last game happening and everything that happened after the game

Losing purdy affected the game last time. That doesn’t mean the 49ers would’ve won the last game
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,601

Post#849 » by Harry Palmer » Mon Dec 4, 2023 7:44 am

last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:That was an acceptable excuse last time, so I guess we can try it..lmaoo

Yeah because there were no differences going into this game than there were going into the last game

Losing purdy affected the game last time. That doesn’t mean the 49ers would’ve won the last game

The Niners lost their qb on the second drive of the game. And the game was tied after that. The Eagles lost their qb for a few plays down 21 in the late 3rd or early 4th. Not comparable. But if you want to talk missing players, which team is missing a first team All Pro? It ma not prove that the Niners would have kept doing what they had always done with Purdy…but it sure does add one hell of an argument for that conclusion.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#850 » by righterwriter » Mon Dec 4, 2023 9:20 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:This is the best NFL season of the last 25 years imo

How so? I honestly think it's been kind of boring.

I mean look at all these terrible prime time games like tonight.

As for CFB? Well, it's been one of the best college FB seasons in recent memory. :wink:

For a Niners fan, its been pretty awesome.

I just watch the Red Zone, so not really sure what's happening in other games. There have been a lot of stinkers though, for sure.

TBH, it reminds me of the old days when you'd have a few dominant teams and a lot of mediocre teams. That made it a bit disappointing in the regular season, but the playoffs were exciting.
Mariner
Senior

Post#851 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 12:24 pm

last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:That was an acceptable excuse last time, so I guess we can try it..lmaoo

I’m not saying the 49ers would have won. Just saying it would have been a lot different.
As fans we finally got a glimpse of what this matchup really looks like.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#852 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 1:33 pm

Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:I realize you guys are joking but all those comments from last year from 49ers fans were all pretty much validated.

I’m not saying the 49ers would have won. Just saying it would have been a lot different.

Maybe, maybe not, we will never know. But the eagles won, that’s all that matters. Getting into the “yeah but what if this didn’t happen..” that doesn’t work in the nfl. The eagles can do that to some extent for last night too but they choose instead just to take accountability for the loss. When it all comes down to it, the 49ers just flat out won, period. No excuses.

Hopefully these two teams can meet up again in the playoffs
Mariner
Senior

Post#853 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 1:37 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:

Maybe, maybe not, we will never know. But the eagles won, that’s all that matters. Getting into the “yeah but what if this didn’t happen..” that doesn’t work in the nfl. The eagles can do that to some extent for last night too but they choose instead just to take accountability for the loss. When it all comes down to it, the 49ers just flat out won, period. No excuses.

The eagles can’t to some extent.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#854 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 1:40 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:I’m not saying the 49ers would have won. Just saying it would have been a lot different.

What I mean is the eagles could’ve provided excuses but they chose not to. Pretty much across the board they just said “yeah they just beat our ass”
Mariner
Senior

Post#855 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 1:55 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:Maybe, maybe not, we will never know. But the eagles won, that’s all that matters. Getting into the “yeah but what if this didn’t happen..” that doesn’t work in the nfl. The eagles can do that to some extent for last night too but they choose instead just to take accountability for the loss. When it all comes down to it, the 49ers just flat out won, period. No excuses.

What I mean is the eagles could’ve provided excuses but they chose not to. Pretty much across the board they just said “yeah they just beat our ass”

Sometimes you try to compare two situations that really aren’t comparable though.
One QB getting a gunshot wound and another QB getting a paper cut is not an opportunity to use the same excuse.
I see you doing this with the penalties too.
Anyway the eagles still have a good path to the 1 seed and might not even have to play the 49ers.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Week 13 Thread 

Post#856 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:03 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:The eagles can’t to some extent.

Sometimes you try to compare two situations that really aren’t comparable though.
One QB getting a gunshot wound and another QB getting a paper cut is not an opportunity to use the same excuse.
Anyway the eagles still have a good path to the 1 seed and might not even have to play the 49ers.

What are you talking about? I didn’t do that with penalties or injuries.. you’re just making things up now.lol

But if you want to compare we can do that, why is it that you and other cowboy fans glorified beating the eagles last year 40-34 despite the eagles missing jalen hurts for the entire game? Is that comparable?
Mariner
Senior

Post#857 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:07 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:What I mean is the eagles could’ve provided excuses but they chose not to. Pretty much across the board they just said “yeah they just beat our ass”

What are you talking about? I didn’t do that with penalties or injuries.. you’re just making things up now.lol

But if you want to compare we can do that, why is it that you and other cowboy fans glorified beating the eagles last year 40-34 despite the eagles missing jalen hurts for the entire game? Is that the same thing?

Cowboys didn’t glorify anything. lol
And yes you did with the penalties in other threads.
Cowboys Seattle game? The penalties were 10 to 9 but you did your best to try and compare.
Cowboy fans here are you usually pessimistic. We have the second best record in football and want to rebuild.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#858 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:14 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:

But if you want to compare we can do that, why is it that you and other cowboy fans glorified beating the eagles last year 40-34 despite the eagles missing jalen hurts for the entire game? Is that the same thing?

Cowboys Seattle game? The penalties were 10 to 9 but you did your best to try and compare.
Cowboy fans here are you usually pessimistic. We have the second best record in football and want to rebuild.

I mentioned in that game thread that I was doing that because that’s exactly what cowboy fans do..lol penalties happen all the time but cowboy fans like to pick and choose what penalties to talk about. When it favors the eagles, that’s the only time penalties get talked about (for the most part). I was just trying to point out how annoying that was. Looked like it worked.
Mariner
Senior

Post#859 » by Mariner » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:21 pm

Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:

I mentioned in that game thread that I was doing that because that’s exactly what cowboy fans do..lol penalties happen all the time but cowboy fans like to pick and choose what penalties to talk about. When it favors the eagles, that’s the only time penalties get talked about (for the most part). I was just trying to point out how annoying that was. Looked like it worked.

I understand what you were attempting to do.
But you failed.
You’re comparing apples to grenades.
10 to 9 is not same thing. Not by a long shot.
No game is reffed perfect and some team is inevitably going to be be favoured. And yes to whine about that is silly. But the 10 to 0 game you guys had for example was epic. Watching a 10 to 0 penalty game is like watching a perfect game pitched in baseball. So rare.
So basically comparing a paper cut to a gunshot wound.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Post#860 » by Jaydubb » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:29 pm

Mariner wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
Mariner wrote:Cowboys didn’t glorify anything. lol

I understand what you were attempting to do.
But you failed.
You’re comparing apples to grenades.
10 to 9 is not same thing. Not by a long shot.
No game is reffed perfect and some team is inevitably going to be be favoured. And yes to whine about that is silly. But the 10 to 0 game you guys had for example was epic. Watching a 10 to 0 penalty game is like watching a perfect game pitched in baseball. So rare.
So basically comparing a paper cut to a gunshot wound.

I didn’t fail. It seems to have effected you quite deeply actually that you feel the need to go back months ago to bring up old conversations. What I did in the seahawk/cowboy game was not to be taken seriously, but it looks like you did and it seems to have effected you in some way. I’m sorry.

Return to The General NFL Board