Romo VS Johnny football

Moderator: bwgood77

I_AM_KING_585
Sophomore
And1: 18

Romo VS Johnny football 

Post#1 » by I_AM_KING_585 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:19 pm

I want cowboys to trade romo for a top pick to get Johnny but most likely unlikely beacause of how we go about decision making (Jerry Jones) who would you want?
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Re: Romo VS Johnny football 

Post#2 » by Da Schwab » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:58 pm

Based on the fact that no GM with a working brain in their head would trade a first round pick for Tony Romo, I highly doubt this will happen.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#3 » by gswhoops » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:39 pm

Schwabby wrote:Based on the fact that no GM with a working brain in their head would trade a first round pick for Tony Romo, I highly doubt this will happen.

Not to mention that Romo has over $41 million in dead money right now if he's traded.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#4 » by righterwriter » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 pm

He might fall to 16. Would be interesting to see if the Cowboys would take him, despite their many needs.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,615

Post#5 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 pm

righterwriter wrote:He might fall to 16. Would be interesting to see if the Cowboys would take him, despite their many needs.

Not a chance in hell.
I_AM_KING_585
Sophomore

Post#6 » by I_AM_KING_585 » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:21 am

righterwriter wrote:He might fall to 16. Would be interesting to see if the Cowboys would take him, despite their many needs.

hopefully if so it a be a no brainer to pick him at 16 but we are talking about jerry jones we could of been had a decent backup from the draft that would of out shined Tony NoShow by now
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Tue Apr 1, 2014 1:00 pm

The Regime wrote:

Not a chance in hell.

Not a chance in hell JFF falls to 16, or not a chance in hell the Cowboys take him if he's there?
BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Post#8 » by BloodyNose » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:19 pm

if hes on the board jerrah will take him. it wont take long for him to start giving him the romo treatment
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,615

Post#9 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Apr 1, 2014 7:02 pm

gswhoops wrote:
The Regime wrote:

Not a chance in hell.

Not a chance in hell JFF falls to 16, or not a chance in hell the Cowboys take him if he's there?

I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the bottom half of the first round. But for the Cowboys to burn a 1st on him when they already have no much invested in Romo.....I just don't see that happening.
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#10 » by BloodyNose » Wed Apr 2, 2014 1:52 am

The Regime wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
The Regime wrote:
Not a chance in hell.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the bottom half of the first round. But for the Cowboys to burn a 1st on him when they already have no much invested in Romo.....I just don't see that happening.

you dont know jerrah
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#11 » by Higga » Wed Apr 2, 2014 2:47 pm

For better or worse, the Cowboys are committed to Romo. They just gave him a ~$100 Mil deal last off-season. It is interesting because Romo is starting to get old and now has had major surgery two off-seasons in a row.

No chance they get Johnny Football though, and I think Romo is better anyway. For as much as we love to trash Romo for choking(I as much as anyone), he's still a pretty damn good QB like 90% of the time and without him the Cowboys wouldn't win 3 games.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
BloodyNose
Banned User

Post#12 » by BloodyNose » Thu Apr 3, 2014 3:07 am

Higga wrote:For better or worse, the Cowboys are committed to Romo. They just gave him a ~$100 Mil deal last off-season. It is interesting because Romo is starting to get old and now has had major surgery two off-seasons in a row.

No chance they get Johnny Football though, and I think Romo is better anyway. For as much as we love to trash Romo for choking(I as much as anyone), he's still a pretty damn good QB like 90% of the time and without him the Cowboys wouldn't win 3 games.

if johnny football is on the board jerrah is taking him. He will jizz at the opportunity to have someone with that type of attitude on his team. He will let romo loose for johnny football
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#13 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Apr 3, 2014 4:37 pm

I agree with deion sanders. He likes johnny football, because of his "ghetto tendencies." He has that unpredictability and swag about him. JUST DO IT!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 9, 2014 12:36 am

I_AM_KING_585 wrote:

hopefully if so it a be a no brainer to pick him at 16 but we are talking about jerry jones we could of been had a decent backup from the draft that would of out shined Tony NoShow by now

Romo is a very good qb. Dallas doesn't underperform because of him. It may appear that way because he keeps them in many games, and loses some of them. But when have they had a great running game or defense lately?

A new qb isn't going to address their many other problems and might not be able to keep them in games any better than Romo, especially as a rookie.

I like Johnny, but they should probably address other needs. But Johnny won't be there anyway.
I_AM_KING_585
Sophomore

Post#15 » by I_AM_KING_585 » Fri May 9, 2014 1:02 am

bwgood77 wrote:
I_AM_KING_585 wrote:

Romo is a very good qb. Dallas doesn't underperform because of him. It may appear that way because he keeps them in many games, and loses some of them. But when have they had a great running game or defense lately?

A new qb isn't going to address their many other problems and might not be able to keep them in games any better than Romo, especially as a rookie.

I like Johnny, but they should probably address other needs. But Johnny won't be there anyway.
we got a ton of picks to address are needs
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#16 » by El Turco » Sun May 11, 2014 6:04 pm

BloodyNose wrote:
Higga wrote:For better or worse, the Cowboys are committed to Romo. They just gave him a ~$100 Mil deal last off-season. It is interesting because Romo is starting to get old and now has had major surgery two off-seasons in a row.

if johnny football is on the board jerrah is taking him. He will jizz at the opportunity to have someone with that type of attitude on his team. He will let romo loose for johnny football

wrong.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
TheWire
Senior
And1: 889

Post#17 » by TheWire » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:56 am

The Regime wrote:

Not a chance in hell.

LOL
El Turco

Post#18 » by El Turco » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:44 am

TheWire wrote:
The Regime wrote:

Not a chance in hell.

LOL

lol, what? he was right

TheWire
Senior
And1: 889

Post#19 » by TheWire » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:59 am

El Turco wrote:
TheWire wrote:
The Regime wrote:
Not a chance in hell.

LOL

lol, what? he was right

Talking about The Regime
El Turco

Post#20 » by El Turco » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 am

TheWire wrote:
El Turco wrote:
TheWire wrote:
LOL

lol, what? he was right

Talking about The Regime

and The Regime was correct, cowboys did not waste a first round pick on manziel

Return to The General NFL Board