OT: Adrian Peterson Indicted For Hitting Son With Switch

Moderator: bwgood77

SoCalKnickFan
Rookie
And1: 325

Re: OT: Adrian Peterson Indicted For Hitting Son With Switch 

Post#141 » by SoCalKnickFan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Teppler wrote:Not as bad as I thought it'd be. I thought the kid would be a bloody bruised messed by the way it was described. Not worth destroying a family over.

Those pictures were taken a week after the whooping. When the kid got off the plane several of these marks were still bleeding/oozing. Not to mention he took a hit to his scrotum. Not bad, wow!
SoCalKnickFan
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#142 » by basketball royalty » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:45 pm

AP needs to be dragged into the year 2014 along with all his defenders. This pisses me off more than Ray Rice.

A four year old beaten to leave marks like that? From a father who lost a son not a year ago because that kid was beaten? When APs kid died last year I thought he would be ready to kill the guy, now I think he probably just thought 'Ah well, he must have went a bit hard with the switch'.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Dry_Fish
RealGM
And1: 8,377

Post#143 » by Dry_Fish » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Teppler wrote:Not as bad as I thought it'd be. I thought the kid would be a bloody bruised messed by the way it was described. Not worth destroying a family over.

That's the thing about this situation, the solution might be much worse. Even if you think Peterson went to far, CPS taking the kid and his sibling away is not better.
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#144 » by basketball royalty » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Dry_Fish wrote:

That's the thing about this situation, the solution might be much worse. Even if you think Peterson went to far, CPS taking the kid and his sibling away is not better.

Not at all. The solution is he isn't sent to see his abusive father and he stays home in Minny with his mom. It may be his child but she has custody and if she doesn't like having her son beat on then it may as well be someone elses kid. Eitherway, this type of **** shouldn't be tolerated. I'm not saying you ban him for life or throw him in jail but you give him a real damn warning and have him go to classes and realize that if he does it again he will go to jail and lose everything.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,479

Post#145 » by guest81 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 pm

SoCalKnickFan wrote:

Those pictures were taken a week after the whooping. When the kid got off the plane several of these marks were still bleeding/oozing. Not to mention he took a hit to his scrotum. Not bad, wow!

Also according to the police report, AP stuffed leaves in the kids mouth as he was giving him his whoopin. Crazy how anyone think AP didn't go too far after reading the police report
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#146 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

No one else's Mom ever told them to go get a switch? Worst walk of your life.

A 4 year old might be bad, I probably wouldn't give a 4 year old a big whooping, flicks on the hand is more appropriate for young kids. But this is a culture thing. Adrian's great grandfather probably got whooped with a switch.

I completely understand people that think AP went too far, because he very well may have. (I hadn't seen anything about the multiple lacerations before now.) But discipline to children is still necessary, young kids don't understand words as well as punishment.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#147 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:40 am

Its sad that you can't even discipline your children anymore.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#148 » by LikeABosh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:34 am

il_knicks7 wrote:
Wow. Looks like a lot of people here were abused as children. You do realize that there's absolutely no reason to hit children with objects other than plain abuse?

Just about every study says hitting children accomplishes nothing and if you do it frequently, it will hurt their brain development.

I was physically disciplined as a kid and I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore.

I actually never gave any thought to it until my sister brought it up when we were older. She called it abuse...and I was like,"Wait, that was abuse?" It was news to me

So according to everyone else, I've been desensitized to the issue and they might be right. I'm certainly not raging over this story
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#149 » by Higga » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:54 pm

I got my ass beat as a kid but my mom never used objects, just her bare hands(which were more than enough).

More parents need to whip their kids, but there is a line between discipline and abuse.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Dry_Fish
RealGM

Post#150 » by Dry_Fish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:22 pm

20 years from now - current form of disciplines such as time out and taking away toys will be considered a form of mental abuse
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#151 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:37 pm

What's the difference between the good ol' American belt and a switch? Every time I got the switch it was because I did something stupid lol.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#152 » by guest81 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Dry_Fish wrote:20 years from now - current form of disciplines such as time out and taking away toys will be considered a form of mental abuse

Were people 20 years clamoring for the days when you could put people in stockades and throw stuff at them in public square?
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#153 » by guest81 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:54 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:Its sad that you can't even discipline your children anymore.

He hit a 4 year old 15 times including in the nuts. On top of that he stuffed the leaves in the kids mouth as he was being whipped.

If you did that to any other human being, you get arrested.

If you even did that to an animal, you'd get arrested.

But because it's his kid, it's somehow ok? Where's the logic?
Dry_Fish
RealGM

Post#154 » by Dry_Fish » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:07 pm

guest81 wrote:
Dry_Fish wrote:20 years from now - current form of disciplines such as time out and taking away toys will be considered a form of mental abuse

Were people 20 years clamoring for the days when you could put people in stockades and throw stuff at them in public square?

we just lock up people forever now for any crime these days
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#155 » by guest81 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Dry_Fish wrote:
guest81 wrote:

we just lock up people forever now for any crime these days

passing a clear exaggeration as fact is something nobody is going to take seriously.

If your arrested for a crime, you aren't beaten as a punishment.

Back in the day, when slaves broke the rules, they were given lashings as a punishment. Now, I don't think any normal person in society who watches roots thinks " well he's just disciplining his slave" whenever the lashings scene comes up
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#156 » by Worm Guts » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:24 pm

What Peterson did was wrong and he deserves to punished through the legal system. That being said, it's starting to get annoying how certain people want every player who has an issue with the law to get kicked out of the league. Even people who commit crimes need jobs if they're not in jail.
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#157 » by basketball royalty » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Worm Guts wrote:What Peterson did was wrong and he deserves to punished through the legal system. That being said, it's starting to get annoying how certain people want every player who has an issue with the law to get kicked out of the league. Even people who commit crimes need jobs if they're not in jail.

I said the same thing about Ray Rice. NFL isn't there to make the world a better place, its there to have the best football players play football.

I think it is ok to suspend a guy for off field stuff a reasonable amount but not to ban. IMO what AP did is worse than what Rice did and I still don't think he should be banned from football.

Let the law be the law and let the NFL be the NFL.
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#158 » by basketball royalty » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 pm

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:What's the difference between the good ol' American belt and a switch? Every time I got the switch it was because I did something stupid lol.

Good ol' American belt and switch? To an outsider like me that just sounds like the slave days really made a bad indent on your country that this is considered normal. To leave welts on your child, be it his legs or otherwise and think this is good is insane.
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#159 » by guest81 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Worm Guts wrote:What Peterson did was wrong and he deserves to punished through the legal system. That being said, it's starting to get annoying how certain people want every player who has an issue with the law to get kicked out of the league. Even people who commit crimes need jobs if they're not in jail.

No your wrong in this point,

we're not talking about players who commited petty crimes like littering or driving without a licence.

We're talking about violent FELONIES, against women and children no less.

Can you provide an example of a player who committed a petty crime and the public wanted out of the NFL?

Let's not act too like it's only against celebrity athletes. Any job application that you've ever filled out no doubt had a section asking if you have ever been convicted of a felony. It's the same at any job
guest81
Assistant Coach

Post#160 » by guest81 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:00 pm

basketball royalty wrote:

I said the same thing about Ray Rice. NFL isn't there to make the world a better place, its there to have the best football players play football.

I think it is ok to suspend a guy for off field stuff a reasonable amount but not to ban. IMO what AP did is worse than what Rice did and I still don't think he should be banned from football.

Let the law be the law and let the NFL be the NFL.

nobody has ever been banned from the NFL

Return to The General NFL Board